PDA

View Full Version : Limit Breaks !!??

Raven1073
03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Ok, I just started Chapter 11 and I only just realized now that there are no Limit Breaks, Overdrives or some sort of special attack system like in most of the FF. I don't know which I'm more surprised about, that I only just noticed now, or that there aren't any at all....

Thoughts comments?

demondude
03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
There are abilities called Full ATB abilities (or something similar) which are exclusive to each character and do good damage.

Raven1073
03-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Oh! Had i not noticed ? is that the special attack they do when you let their ATB bar go to full and they do four attacks and the fourth is all special and fancy like ?

Sephiroth
03-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh! Had i not noticed ? is that the special attack they do when you let their ATB bar go to full and they do four attacks and the fourth is all special and fancy like ?

It's the super matrix-like moves like Fang's Highwind. And they are non-physical, non-magical - I've noticed it in the japanese version while I was fighting the final form of the final boss (which is immune to physical and magical attacks as long as you do not BREAK the final boss) and I did damage with Lightning's super move, not too much but at least more than "0".

demondude
03-18-2010, 11:00 PM

Non-Story I think (not sure) that when you get an ultimate weapon it gives you an extra ATB bar, so I'm guessing maybe you get the special attack then when you have 5. Not sure though

Sephiroth
03-18-2010, 11:37 PM

Non-Story I think (not sure) that when you get an ultimate weapon it gives you an extra ATB bar, so I'm guessing maybe you get the special attack then when you have 5. Not sure though

You get the fifth bar and the super move of the character with his/her crystarium. But late. And of course you can have more than five bars. That's correct. You can have six bars.

Dignified Pauper
03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I have never seen a super move. Are they under techniques?

Sephiroth
03-18-2010, 11:45 PM
I have never seen a super move. Are they under techniques?

They are the last move of the character's job class when you open the move menue during a battle. So open Fang's "Attacker" job class move menue in battle (she has to know the move) and you will find "Highwind" for example.

YouTube - Fang - Highwind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY64urfxNCw)

Mirage
03-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Never really missed them.

Raven1073
03-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Oh ok, Haven't gotten them yet :)

Terror of Zanarkand
03-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Is it just me or does Vanille not have one? Everyone else has theres but i can't seem to find hers in particular.

Loony BoB
03-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Vanille has the Death spell.

Terror of Zanarkand
03-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Oh, i assumed since it was a spell that it wasn't her limit move. ^_^