PDA

View Full Version : What do you like to cook for yourself?

KentaRawr!
03-19-2010, 12:58 AM
I've been trying to cook for myself lately, and I've found myself really enjoying udon noodles. I like noodles lots. What do you guys like to cook for yourself?

Shlup
03-19-2010, 01:04 AM
I love udon noodles too!

When I'm cooking just for me I like to fry tofu with Thai peanut sauce. :<3:

Orestes
03-19-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm usually just cooking for myself (hurray being a bachelor), so my cooking usually involves turning on the oven and throwing something in. I suppose I do a bit of grilling in the summer, though.

Mo-Nercy
03-19-2010, 01:24 AM
The only thing I have any competance in making from scratch are pancakes and crepes.

I also like to make my own burgers.

Aerith's Knight
03-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Tomato Soup.. with vegetables and meat balls.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Imperfectionist
03-19-2010, 01:32 AM
I can barely cook so I always end up making pasta. But even then, the sauce is all from jars :D

VexNet
03-19-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm really terrible at cooking in general, but my girlfriend is an amazing cook so I try to watch her cook and then replicate it myself. I've managed to be able to learn how to cook one if my favorite meals now, Spaghetti Bolognase !! Next dish which I need to learn from her is my favorite Japanese meal, Chicken Katsu Curry!!

Rye
03-19-2010, 03:05 AM
I love to make pasta - specifically, the sauce for it. I tend to use the jarred stuff as the base, and then I throw in onions and some choice veggies along with some herbs and sometimes soy sauce. It's soooo good.

I also really enjoy making fried chicken cutlets. Yumz.

Meat Puppet
03-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Garlic prawns on tops of a rare/medium-rare filet mignon with a side of truffled mashed potato & steamed broccoli

nothing fancy but easy to whip up on those long lonely nights

Tavrobel
03-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Peanut butter and jelly.

Pheesh
03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Pasta Alioli. Very easy to make, tastes delicious, and it's sooo cheap.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Depends on my mood really. Sometimes I will make stir-fry (ginger ans sesame oil are key!), if I have more time a hearty spaghetti, if not a quick rose sauce with some veggies and some protein (and lots of cheese).

Otherwise, various sandwiches often using chicken fingers for meat.

Miriel
03-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I have a staple of dishes that I rotate around. I like making stuff with ingredients that are always on hand. I make a lot of:

Tacos, spicy garlic shrimp, spaghetti, chicken in mushroom cream sauce w/roasted potatoes, chicken piccata w/ linguine, kimchi fried rice, tofu soup, stir fry, steak w/ mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes, breakfast foods like pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, etc.

Looking at that list, I think I tend to eat very carb heavy. I looove potatoes. :greenie:

This is what I made for dinner a few nights ago:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/lemonchicken.jpg

Lemon & herb roasted chicken, rice pilaf, and seasoned fingerling potatoes.

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2010, 09:18 AM
For myself? I pretty much can cook anything my mom makes, but if I'm just going to feed myself I'll usually make a sandwich with some soup or carne asada with some rice and beans.

Cuchulainn
03-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I do not cook. People from my ex to my mum to the fire service believe this is for the best.

Rodarian
03-19-2010, 01:38 PM
My cook cooks for me.....:greenie:

But I would love to make pasta again one day!

Loony BoB
03-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Chicken stir fry. Simple, easy, great. To be fair, though, I use Uncle Ben's sweet thai chilli stir fry sauce rather than coming up with my own veges etc... although if I had more time, kitchen space and a dishwasher (a la the kitchens I was used to in NZ), I probably would.

Rase
03-19-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm a massive fan of chicken. Grilled, breaded, stir fried, thrown in a pasta or soup, whatever. Chicken is (to me) the easiest food to really try new flavors with and new combinations. I ate so much chicken last summer break, it was awesome. Aside from that I've been trying to get better at making pizza when I get the chance.

Raistlin
03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
I always am just cooking for myself and I am extremely lazy, so a lot of my meals are variations of pasta and sammiches.

Zeldy
03-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I cannooooot cook xD The fact that I got a B in food technology is completely irrelevant; I can cook a frozen pizza, that's as good as it gets.

Psychotic
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Steak. Lots of steak.

...I'm so predictable when it comes to food threads. :shobon:

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Steak. Lots of steak.

...I'm so predictable when it comes to food threads. :shobon:

Not a damn thing wrong with eating steak. :cool:

Jess
03-19-2010, 08:56 PM
I prefer to make proper meals when I'm cooking for more than just myself.

If it's just me it tends to be:
Pasta, homemade macaroni cheese, sweet and sour chicken with veggies, sammiches, meat taties and veg, english fry-ups... mostly pasta, though.

I freaking love cooking though, especially when it's for me and others. Wheres that food forum? food heaven!

I want more of Miriel's food pictures. mmmm. nom. :jess:

Breine
03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
If I'm just cooking for myself, chances are that I'll fry some vegetables with either salmon, eggs or some chicken. It's incredibly easy, very quick, and it's tasty.

But, now that I'm moving away from home I'll be experimenting a whole lot more in the kitchen. I like to cook.

Also, FOOD FORUM!

Psychotic
03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm going to make a food forum and then everybody who posts in it will be banned. :greenie:

Jess
03-19-2010, 09:11 PM
What if we make a thread about steak?

Psychotic
03-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Touché.

Miriel
03-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I've just recently learned how to tell the doneness of steak by touch. I'm totally an Iron Chef now. *flex*

Freya
03-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Chicken. I love to make chicken.

~*~Celes~*~
03-19-2010, 11:08 PM
I love to make lots of things. Been really expanding my cooking horizons lately :D

black orb
03-20-2010, 09:32 PM
>>> I like to make ice cream..:luca:

Merk
03-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I used to be a cook at a restaurant, so I can make most things. But for the past few years I have been trying to make the perfect fried chicken... and I would say i'm darn close.

Miriel
03-25-2010, 03:57 AM
I want more of Miriel's food pictures. mmmm. nom. :jess:

:greenie:

Tonight's dinner:

Chicken piccata with roasted asparagus and linguine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/chickenpiccata.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/?action=view&current=chickenpiccata.jpg)

Momiji
03-25-2010, 04:01 AM
I'm going to make a food forum and then everybody who posts in it will be banned. :greenie:

I can live with that, as long as Miriel is allowed to post as many food pics as she can.