PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy First Impressions

Mo-Nercy
03-20-2010, 04:03 AM
I've only just got up to Chapter 3 in FFXIII and I gotta say, I'm not blown away. It's a great game though and I know better than to judge it from the little I've played so far, but I have noticed that the beginnings of other FF's really had a much bigger wow-factor for me. VIII comes to mind because of it's awesome intro. XII gives you the opportunity to explore Rabanastre right off the bat, which I really enjoyed.

So which FF made the best first impression for you? Nevermind what you thought of it by the end. Try and remember what you thought of it just in those first few minutes on the first playthrough.

VeloZer0
03-20-2010, 05:06 AM
One of the things that I think really puts FF titles ahead of the rest of the RPG pack is how they catch your attention right off the bat. The stereotypical 'you are just a nobody living a normal life until something special happens' is just about as non gripping as you can get.

6 - FFV
5 - FFVI
4 - FFIV - Seeing the game start right as your distinguished military career was ending was a fun twist.
3 - FFX - I though the opening FMV was super cool. The game was all downhill after getting to Spira though :(
2 - FFIX - Seeing all the different pieces coming together for the show was an excellent setup. Makes you are jumping into an already vibrant and active world, instead of one that was boring until you started watching.
1 - FFVII - this on grabbed my interest and imagination right from the second the first FMV loaded.

black orb
03-20-2010, 08:34 PM
>>> FF9, I was blown away..:luca: