PDA

View Full Version : Good Level Spot? (Chapter 7 Spoilers)

PureMourning
03-20-2010, 04:57 AM
I'm currently on part 11 of Chapter 7 and using this specific time to amass CP:

I just recently acquired Fang and am at the part where the soldiers infiltrate Hope's house upon conclusion of the party's discussion with Hope's dad (in the The Estheim Residence). After obtaining Fang I noticed that she was further behind on crystarium development than the rest of my party so I think this specific part of the game is a good time to catch her up and accumulate CP overall.

Hope's house is confined to a small map and there are two spawn points that both have fast regeneration times. Each battle only takes roughly a minute and you acquire about 160 CP per pop.

I do realize that later on the game abilities/stats start costing a lot more but for this part of the game I think this is a good area to grind.

Did any one else use this time to stock up on CP?

Lightening
03-20-2010, 10:54 AM
There's a pretty great spot in Chapter 8 when you're in control of Sazh and Vanille in Nautilus, easy battles too. There's 4 battles in a row and I think it'll give you something like 1200 CP, Fang will get those too.

end of chapter 9 is a good spot too.

Sephiroth
03-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I know I have already posted it. But this is a training thread so I think it is okay to post it again.

YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII Training Spot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKqe49hOW0)

Raistlin
03-20-2010, 05:27 PM
That's not a particularly good CP grinding spot, but it is a fairly good spot to grind for gil. If I'm remembering correctly, those soldiers sometimes drop Incentive Chips, which can be sold for 2.5k each.

There are much better places later in the game to grind for CP. The spot Sephiroth linked to is in Chapter 11.