PDA

View Full Version : Welcome ~ General Game & Forum Rules

Pages : [1] 2

Shlup
03-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Hallo contestants. I have a surprise for you, kind of.

Firstly, thread creation in this forum is moderated, so don't bother unless it's super cool.

Secondly, there are no teams or confessionals or any of that other bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:. There will be no thirty-five smurfing journals to be read. This is a free-for-all with this forum as it's base, and that's it.

Thirdly, the forums staff holds all the voting power. We may smite you at will. Tremble.

Fourthly, this competition has one rule that applies through the duration of the competition and can get you eliminated at any time: Once a newbie thread has been posted, each contestant has 36 hours to welcome that newbie. Any competitor caught not welcoming a newbie within 36 hours will be immediately eliminated. This applies to any newbie thread posted after this thread is submitted.

Fifthly, this is a high-paced competition. If you don't plan on being here every day, plan to come back and find your name crossed off the list. This isn't some cute and fluffy game, this is our forum, this is our home, this is our life.*

~CONTESTANTS~
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="70%"><tr><td width="50%" align="left" valign="top">Still in the game ~
Momiji
Jessweeee♪
Goldenboko
~*~Celes~*~
Freya
Aerith's Knight</td><td width="50%" align="left" valign="top">Eliminated ~
The Man
Cuchulainn
Ouch!
rubah
SammieBabe
bipper
Jowy
I'm my own MILF
smittenkitten
Blue Harvest
Orestes
The Summoner of Leviathan
Jess
PureMourning
qwertysaur
Breine
Baloki
enano
demondude55
Rebellious Eagle
Laddy
Fonzie
UnbreakableWill
Jiro
Raistlin
Moon Rabbits
Vermachtnis
Xaven
oddler
Rodarian
Sagensyg
some fat guy with cheese</td></tr></table>

Discuss your fate, frocobos. Task one is coming.

P.S. Non-contestants can post in this forum too, that's coo'.

*I'm smurfing around with that last part but, seriously, every day. or GTFO.

Freya
03-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Forceful newbie introduction posts! D: You guys are so hardcore.

Rodarian
03-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh I better get going then!! *puts on his best Welcome Outfit* Its a Red Mage outfit

PuPu
03-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I sure hope this isn't a glorified popularity contest.

Bunny
03-20-2010, 09:56 PM
I dunno about glorified.

Goldenboko
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
*I'm smurfing around with that last part but, seriously, every day. or GTFO.
Well that's new!

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2010, 09:59 PM
This is new!

EDIT:

I didn't see Goldenboko's post when I typed that :|

Shlup
03-20-2010, 09:59 PM

We already have that twice a year.

Goldenboko
03-20-2010, 10:00 PM

zing!

Freya
03-20-2010, 10:01 PM
It's gore-fied. Watch out for the entrails.

Rodarian
03-20-2010, 10:05 PM
@Freya: You mean like this....

*impales Freya in the abdomen with his hand*

Mwahahahah

One down... XD

qwertysaur
03-20-2010, 10:05 PM
It's showtime

PuPu
03-20-2010, 10:07 PM

True, though in this case it's just a popularity contest among the forum staff rather than the entire forum.

Once a newbie thread has been posted, each contestant has 36 hours to welcome that newbie.

sooo tempted to make multiple accounts right now

Shlup
03-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Well we're not going to knight someone we don't all like, duh.

Raistlin
03-20-2010, 10:37 PM
So not only to we have to listen to Shlup, but we have busy work? Boo. Bring Del back!

some fat guy with cheese
03-20-2010, 10:40 PM
This sounds exciting. I'm ready!

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Aww, I didn't notice the sign-ups. There should have been an announcement! *bitches forever*

Momiji
03-20-2010, 10:48 PM
No confessionals to read in the end? But how will we know everyone's bitter feelings for their opponents?

I kid, I'm psyched and ready to go. :)

Goldenboko
03-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Does the newbie thread thing count "I'm back" threads? :0

some fat guy with cheese
03-20-2010, 10:51 PM
But how will we know everyone's bitter feelings for their opponents?
I hate you!

Flying Mullet
03-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Will there be a bikini contest?

Goldenboko
03-20-2010, 10:53 PM

I don't think there should be. It wouldn't be fair to my opponents.

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Also, I don't like the way you have phrased this as a "Free-for-all". This is supposed to be a competition, yes, but we aren't just fighting eachother. We are supposed to work together to find the best out of all of us, which is why I liked round two last time, where we split into teams to rate the members of the other teams.

Momiji
03-20-2010, 10:56 PM
I hate you!

At least this allows us to talk it out! Why do you hate me? I enjoy cheese. :p

qwertysaur
03-20-2010, 10:58 PM
I hate you!

At least this allows us to talk it out! Why do you hate me? I enjoy cheese. :p
He doesn't share :p

Momiji
03-20-2010, 10:58 PM
That explains it. :(

Flying Mullet
03-20-2010, 11:02 PM

I don't think there should be. It wouldn't be fair to my opponents.
I'm not competing so I'm okay with this. :p

rubah
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
This is what I want. (http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/music/rubah - bad romance.mp3)

Rantz
03-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Also, I don't like the way you have phrased this as a "Free-for-all". This is supposed to be a competition, yes, but we aren't just fighting eachother. We are supposed to work together to find the best out of all of us, which is why I liked round two last time, where we split into teams to rate the members of the other teams.

I actually kind of agree with this.

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Also, more ranting.

I don't like the look of this first task. We shouldn't be picked based on our creative skills, we should be picked based on our people skills, and leadership skills, and our ability to follow the rules. This first task doesn't seem to have anything like that, unless you are trying to see what the members look for in a Cid's Knight, but if that's the case it would have been much, much better to just ask that direct question.

Psychotic
03-20-2010, 11:16 PM
we should be picked based on our people skills, and leadership skills, and our ability to follow the rules.You know what else is important besides those traits? Someone who knows how to have fun. ;)

NOW GO AND HAVE FUN OR ELSE

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
we should be picked based on our people skills, and leadership skills, and our ability to follow the rules.You know what else is important besides those traits? Someone who knows how to have fun. ;)

Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules. I don't know how this task will show any of that.

Freya
03-20-2010, 11:28 PM
I dunno I wouldn't want to have to deal with an unfun CK. They'd be funsuckers. Suckers of the fun. They would make this place boring and... un fun.

Momiji
03-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Just hush and enjoy it. An all-serious contest would be pretty dull, y'know? :p

Goldenboko
03-20-2010, 11:29 PM

Yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules. I don't know how this task will show any of that.

Also, more ranting.

I don't like the look of this first task. We shouldn't be picked based on our creative skills, we should be picked based on our people skills, and leadership skills, and our ability to follow the rules. This first task doesn't seem to have anything like that, unless you are trying to see what the members look for in a Cid's Knight, but if that's the case it would have been much, much better to just ask that direct question.

To be fair, they may say that the least best will be eliminated, but that can be complete BS to make us work hard. You missed the sign up, you're pissed, we understand, but Shlup is trying the her best and none of us (but one lucky one) will find out how the victor was really decided. If it makes you feel any better, I still love you.

Psychotic
03-20-2010, 11:34 PM
You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules.Those are some nice ideas, but nope, sorry, we only pick people based on how fun they are and nothing else. We have an index ranging from "NOT FUN" to "CID'S KNIGHT" that we use to grade all applicants. Trust? Love? Rules? What the hell is all this nonsense? You're crazy. Stop being crazy.

...although crazy can be fun, so maybe that's your angle. You're a sly one! Full marks!

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Actually, I'm not at all angry that I missed the sign-up. I just kind of said "Aww, oh well". And I'm not trying to be mean to Shlup, I am just posting what I am thinking. Isn't that what we should all do?

Psychotic
03-20-2010, 11:36 PM
No. You may only think staff-sanctioned thoughts. :colbert:

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 11:36 PM
You as the staff shouldn't be looking for people just because they are fun. You should look for people who others are comfortable with, who they can trust, and who they can love, but will still follow the rules.Those are some nice ideas, but nope, sorry, we only pick people based on how fun they are and nothing else. We have an index ranging from "NOT FUN" to "CID'S KNIGHT" that we use to grade all applicants. Trust? Love? Rules? What the hell is all this nonsense? You're crazy. Stop being crazy.

...although crazy can be fun, so maybe that's your angle. You're a sly one! Full marks!

Above: People skills

People skills lead to trust...

Trust leads to respect...

Respect leads to love.

Psychotic
03-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Now you're sounding like Yoda. He's a pretty fun dude. I'm putting you through to Round 2! 'grats!

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2010, 11:45 PM
I certainly don't know what they talk about in the Site Staff forum, but I'm looking at it as a test of effort. It's easy to just make stick figures in MS Paint or slap together what's technically a haiku. Maybe they want to see who actually tried.

Or maybe it's just for fun.

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Psy also follows the rules(Most of the time). So Psy Follows the rules, people are comfortable with him, he is trustworthy, respectable, and I love him. Sounds like a perfect mod to me.

But then there is Del, a much more serious person(but still with a sense of humor). He also follows the rules, and he is also trusworthy, comforting, respectable, and lovable.

Being constantly funny and jokey are fun, but thats not all people skills are. People need to be helpful, and strong, and nice as well.

Lawr
03-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Secondly, there are no confessionals.
The one thing that I was looking forward to the most. :(

Fourthly, this competition has one rule that applies through the duration of the competition and can get you eliminated at any time: Once a newbie thread has been posted, each contestant has 36 hours to welcome that newbie. Any competitor caught not welcoming a newbie within 36 hours will be immediately eliminated. This applies to any newbie thread posted after this thread is submitted.
Mother of Goooood.

Psychotic
03-20-2010, 11:53 PM
I certainly don't know what they talk about in the Site Staff forum.Like we let those orange titled squares anywhere near our secret treehouse. :colbert: All they talk about is Baloki. Seriously, I've seen their forum. It's wall-to-wall threads about Baloki. Not even joking now!

Anyway, if anyone is really genuinely worried that we are going to pick a CK based on their poetry skills, fret not. We all have many values in mind about what would make a good addition to staff. We're not entirely basing it off this task, so relax and have fun!

leader of mortals
03-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I know that Psy, but to have task 1, and the original elimination to be based off that just seems a little odd to me.

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Whoops! Well you all know what I meant.

PuPu
03-21-2010, 12:20 AM
I know that Psy, but to have task 1, and the original elimination to be based off that just seems a little odd to me.

But we all know what it's really based off, no matter what they decide to call it.

Bunny
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I could've won this if I wasn't busy having fun at Disneyland.

The Man
03-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Eliminated ~
The Manwat

Fonzie
03-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Eliminated ~
The Manwat

<a href="http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...asselfreed.gif">wat</a>

The Man
03-21-2010, 12:46 AM
I didn't sign up for this. If I'd seen the thread in time I might have but then again I'm probably not going to bother signing in on a daily basis so I probably wouldn't have.

Now that I think about it though it probably just means that even if I had signed up the contest would've been rigged to ensure that I didn't win.

Del Murder
03-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Wow not as many people involved as in previous years. Also where's their shiny title?

Also, more ranting.

I agree. I didn't want this to be the first task, or a task at all, but it seems I was outvoted, yet again.

demondude
03-21-2010, 12:56 AM
This first task is where the ones that have no chance (like me) are taken out before the real shiz begins. xD

Lawr
03-21-2010, 12:57 AM
This first task is where the ones that have no chance (like me) are taken out before the real shiz begins. xD

I thought your drawing was quite accurate to be honest.

Cuchulainn
03-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Did I not say take my name off cause I';m not demeaning myself to perform like a shameless, prideless performing chimp?

I thought it would just go to someone who deserved it not the seal who juggles the ball the most for your entertainment. Plus I'm a wee bit drunk right now and weas at my nephews 18th who spent the night hugging the toilet drunk. I videoed it. Damn right Facebook all the way.

Yeoooo

rubah
03-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Eliminated ~
The Manwat

<a href="http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...asselfreed.gif">wat</a>

pasta fail

Rantz
03-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Eliminated ~
The Manwat

I put you in there just to make sure!

Goldenboko
03-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Actually, I'm not at all angry that I missed the sign-up. I just kind of said "Aww, oh well". And I'm not trying to be mean to Shlup, I am just posting what I am thinking. Isn't that what we should all do?

Does this mean you don't love me? :(

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 03:26 AM
LoM, wtf, you're not even in the competition why are you trying to act all uppity? Don't you know that's someone else's job?

And no, we should not post what we are thinking, because frankly, your indignation can be beat.

Shlup
03-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Wow, some of you really know how to make a game fun, huh? I'm not even going to address the individual "just saying my opinion durp dee durr" comments. This is how the game is going and if you don't want to play then, just like every other game, you don't have to.

Yes.

Bunny
03-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Shlup you should've came to Disneyland with me.

~*~Celes~*~
03-21-2010, 04:22 AM
:excited:

03-21-2010, 05:02 AM
Wow this is much more intense than last time!

Also, I'm hungry...

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 05:36 AM
And no, we should not post what we are thinking, because frankly, your indignation can be beat.

So we should put up a facade? We should lie about our true feelings, just to make sure we please everyone?

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 05:41 AM
So we should put up a facade? We should lie about our true feelings, just to make sure we please everyone?

Yes. It's worked so far.

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 05:48 AM

Yes. It's worked so far.

Well then, I am sorry. I should have realized your superior beliefs and should have never questioned anything our staff has made.

oddler
03-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Make me a Cid's Knight and I will ban leader of mortals. :choc2:

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Well then, I am sorry. I should have realized your superior beliefs and should have never questioned anything our staff has made.

It's too late. Even your own unconscious has given away evidence of your crime.

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 06:18 AM
Unofficial test for the Frocobos: How would you deal with the conversation between me and Tav? Edit a post, make a post telling us to calm down, and banhammering me are choices that come to mind for me.

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 06:21 AM
"Us."

"Telling us to calm down."

Last I checked, I was acting civilly.

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Ok, change that option to "Tell me to shut the hell up", I guess. But last I checked, I was also acting civilly.

PuPu
03-21-2010, 06:38 AM
That's an easy one that even I know the answer to.

Post "Stop arguing LoM and Tav" as a warning.
The next person to respond to the other gets his post edited, just on principle.

qwertysaur
03-21-2010, 06:39 AM
I'd just say take it to feedback if you have such an issue with how Shlup has chosen to run this. :p

Laddy
03-21-2010, 07:08 AM
I wanna win!

Madonna
03-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Aw, I miss out! I hope this is entertaining to watch; ShlupQuack's posts certainly suggest so!

Freya
03-21-2010, 07:19 AM
I would say LoM stop being a negative nancy and Tav to stop being a poopie head. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Del Murder
03-21-2010, 08:22 AM
I would go make some popcorn.

Rodarian
03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow, some of you really know how to make a game fun, huh? I'm not even going to address the individual "just saying my opinion durp dee durr" comments. This is how the game is going and if you don't want to play then, just like every other game, you don't have to.

Yes.

Dammit...*runs to Square*

Shlup
03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
leader of mortals, it's time to stop talking now. You've done quite enough :bou::bou::bou::bou:ting all over the fucking game I'm running. Thanks.

Shlup you should've came to Disneyland with me.

Well way to invite me after the fact! Jeez!

Baloki
03-21-2010, 11:29 AM
This is worse then Land of exDee :S

I demand BoB be banished from this place, that'll fix things :D

Edit: Also shouldn't you make it if an existing CK doesn't post in a welcome thread they get demoted, just to even the playing field :p?

Shlup
03-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I'll consider it.

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Make me a Cid's Knight and I will ban leader of mortals. :choc2:

Make me a CK and I will ban myself.

edit: Can I still be on the list of contestants. I didn't really know what was going on yesterday, I was a little out of it. Please?

If you plan to say no, please don't kick me in the nuts like last time. :p

demondude
03-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Time to do some sucking up to get ahead of the game. :shifty:

I was wondering Del, have you been working out? You have been looking really muscular lately, but I guess you can't let Psychotic steal all of the attention! I mean geez, look at those guns. And Shlup baby, can I call you baby? Yeah sure! Shlup baby, you are looking bee-yew-ti-ful today!

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2010, 02:07 PM
I vote dd off the island.

Baloki
03-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Come on guys, I did 50 welcomes in less time it takes for you to do this dance! *whips*

Psychotic
03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I vote dd off the island...and into my bedroom.

As far as I'm concerned, DD is through to the next round. Good show, sport!

Baloki
03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
He's always stealing my Psy away from me :(

*collects more tears in his meet jar*

Flying Mullet
03-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Come on guys, I did 50 welcomes in less time it takes for you to do this dance! *whips*
And I vote Baloki be eliminated for not following the rules and blindly posting spam in all of the Wonder Square threads rather than taking the time to find out which newbie threads had been created in the last 36 hours from Shlup's post and posting in those. Being on staff is all about disciplined laziness, not working a lot from lazy logic.

Rodarian
03-21-2010, 03:42 PM
And I vote Baloki be eliminated for not following the rules and blindly posting spam in all of the Wonder Square threads rather than taking the time to find out which newbie threads had been created in the last 36 hours from Shlup's post and posting in those. Being on staff is all about disciplined laziness, not working a lot from lazy logic.

See he was manufacturing posts.. I do have some sort of life outside this realm...

Half the time I'm rushing back in here to post, in order not to get eliminated...

Breine
03-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Here we go again! :)

Seriously, whoever decided that Confessionals are not going to be part of this competition anymore, deserves a big fat kiss.. right on the lips! Nobody read them anyway (I think).

Marshall Banana
03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I think I read all of them!

ALSO, LAST TIME, I POSTED IN MURDER'S CONFESSIONAL, BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE MY OWN, AND HE DELETED ALL OF MY POSTS. :kaocry2:

Goldenboko
03-21-2010, 03:54 PM
I didn't read any because I'm lazy. :)

I like this way, now instead of secretly saying we're going to undermine each other, we just do it! :)

Madonna
03-21-2010, 04:19 PM
I think I read all of them!

ALSO, LAST TIME, I POSTED IN MURDER'S CONFESSIONAL, BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE MY OWN, AND HE DELETED ALL OF MY POSTS. :kaocry2:But the confessionals were so cool; Del Murder must be made of marble and ice to dispose of your posts in such a way! http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/_leech/kaocrazyloveleft.gif

Even now I get a pleasant chill when I re-read Rantzien's post proclaiming his like of my confessional! What a dreamboat!

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Shlup, I'm not ":bou::bou::bou::bou:ting on your game". I was only posting my thoughts on the first task, which caused people to attack me. I'm not saying you are doing a bad job, and I don't know how this first task is really going to go, I just don't like the look of it, and decided to post how I didn't like it. How is this wrong?

Baloki
03-21-2010, 05:15 PM

Your just jealous because your not still on SS :p

Madonna
03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
And Baloki has not only boned himself, but has now caused other people to continue posting in old introduction threads! Amazing work of the fox!

Baloki
03-21-2010, 05:29 PM
You have to admit though, activity there just increased 5 fold ;)

Madonna
03-21-2010, 05:37 PM
I was not complimenting you, dear Loki!

The activity is the product of a ShlupQuack Decree and people being unable to take the time to discern, versus the inadvertent work of a spammer!

Baloki
03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
I never send you were complimenting me dear Lynx :)

Goldenboko
03-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I just figured I'd hit everybody. Just to be safe. :)

Baloki
03-21-2010, 05:41 PM
That's harsh *gets an ASBO against you*

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Well at least they'll get bonus points for their enthusiasm!

~*~Celes~*~
03-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Super Smash EoFFers Brawl, anyone?

demondude
03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Hopefully people will forget to post in newbie threads so there are about five finalists left after this round. :D

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Well unless some newbie comes along and actually posts one I don't think it'll be an issue!

Lawr
03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Hopefully people will forget to post in newbie threads so there are about five finalists left after this round. :D

This applies to any newbie thread posted after this thread is submitted.

No newbie threads have been created since this one, Champ. :up:

demondude
03-21-2010, 06:43 PM
http://gallery.nofactzone.net/albums/userpics/normal_headdesk.jpg

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 06:48 PM
http://gallery.nofactzone.net/albums/userpics/normal_headdesk.jpg

:colbert:

I really like the part with the newbie threads. I think newbies will be more willing to stay if they have a big, warm welcome.

Fonzie
03-21-2010, 06:53 PM

Pssh, way to do the bare minimum there douche. :colbert:

Lawr
03-21-2010, 07:00 PM

Because welcoming new members is what moderating a forum is all about. http://i49.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/260fuyc.jpg

Fonzie
03-21-2010, 07:10 PM

Because welcoming new members is what moderating a forum is all about. http://i49.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/260fuyc.jpg

No, welcoming members shows that we care that they joined our forum in the first place. In doing this, it also shows that we actually do remotely care that they choose to join our forum and not another down the road.

Also, if a person doesn't even have 10 secs to welcome a new member then I hardly doubt they have the time to actually moderate a forum 100% such as this.

http://i49.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/260fuyc.jpg

Lawr
03-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Ok congratulations. (http://i42.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/mv4zkg.jpg)

Baloki
03-21-2010, 07:12 PM
If only we all cared about the Front Site as much as th... *gets shot*

Edit: NB: Anyone who participates in this but doesn't have time to add at least one new thing to the front site before being disqualified is loosing their SS title, good luck my loyal minions :D

Fonzie
03-21-2010, 07:15 PM
If only we all cared about the Front Site as much as th... *gets shot*

Edit: NB: Anyone who participates in this but doesn't have time to add at least one new thing to the front site before being disqualified is loosing their SS title, good luck my loyal minions :D

Since when have we had a frontsite? :p

edit: oh you :P

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Man, I quit just in time, then.

Baloki
03-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't think your safe Trav *shakes paw*

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 07:26 PM
So I'm going to be rushed back onto SS instead? I'm not even participating in this farce.

Baloki
03-21-2010, 07:33 PM
So I'm going to be rushed back onto SS instead? I'm not even participating in this farce.

Nah, I was more thinking a nice day at a relaxing spa for you tbh :(

Fonzie
03-21-2010, 07:35 PM

Nah, I was more thinking a nice day at a relaxing spa for you tbh :(

I hope they serve him some of that high-quality Midol that they're known for there. :3

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I have had cramps recently, but that's because I was beating the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of people with my haxx0r ninja skills. Stealth can be very stressful.

Fonzie
03-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Stealth can be very stressful.

So can menstruation! :jess:

Tavrobel
03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
I guess I'm just one of your run-of-the-mill reverse traps.

Shlup
03-21-2010, 09:54 PM

Seriously, whoever decided that Confessionals are not going to be part of this competition anymore, deserves a big fat kiss.. right on the lips! Nobody read them anyway (I think).

Thank you! I tried to keep up with the other CK competitions but it was like, fuck, I could be reading an ACTUAL book instead of this. But I think I'd rather have a life. For this competition you have to be on every day but you can still have like a real life.

Shlup, I'm not ":bou::bou::bou::bou:ting on your game". I was only posting my thoughts on the first task, which caused people to attack me. I'm not saying you are doing a bad job, and I don't know how this first task is really going to go, I just don't like the look of it, and decided to post how I didn't like it. How is this wrong?

Okay thanks for sharing when no one asked for your opinion perhaps next time you can check out bored.com or something, see you later. *waves*

Shlup
03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
The following people have been eliminated due to failure to complete task one:

rubah
SammieBabe
bipper
Jowy
I'm my own MILF
smittenkitten
Blue Harvest
Orestes
Jess
PureMourning

Goldenboko
03-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Jess
Hey! Her prediction of forgetting the first round and losing because of that came true!

Psychotic
03-21-2010, 10:11 PM
btw everyone I was deadly serious when I put leader of mortals into round 2.

Shlup
03-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Deadlines mean nothing to some people!

Not that I didn't add two people late into round one, but they at least asked nicely to be added! Jeez.

Awrini
03-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm impressed with myself for actually completing the first round.

Lawr
03-21-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm impressed I wasn't on vacation for this first round like last time.

Awrini
03-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Saglet, your avatar is still on fire.

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 10:36 PM
btw everyone I was deadly serious when I put leader of mortals into round 2.

I didn't really want to sign up this time, but if you want me to, that's fine, I guess. Personally, I would rather see someone else like AK or Freya(Lekana:mad2:) win, because I think they would be better than me. They are both funnier than me, and I think they would be better.

Edit: The above sounds kind of weird coming from a guy with a pedobear set, doesn't it?

And Shlup, I didn't mean to disrespect you, or your strategies. I guess I just need to learn when to keep my big mouth shut, or at least be a little less harsh when giving my criticism. I am sorry.

demondude
03-21-2010, 10:39 PM
AK?

win?

Goldenboko
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
AK?

win?

He was in the competition? I thought he was just confused in his drunkenness.

Breine
03-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Thank you! I tried to keep up with the other CK competitions but it was like, smurf, I could be reading an ACTUAL book instead of this. But I think I'd rather have a life. For this competition you have to be on every day but you can still have like a real life.

Yeah. It's definitely much better like this. Not that I didn't enjoy reading some of the Confessionals, but it was just a lot of text.

Marshall Banana
03-21-2010, 10:44 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/thegummiway.jpg

Goldenboko
03-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Gummi beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTSZZgCUik)

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm just gonna rock out on my English flute now.

Shlup
03-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi, spam, go away. Shoo!

demondude
03-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Are you still eliminating 5 contestants?

Shlup
03-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Five? We're eliminating three. We are currently deliberating.

demondude
03-21-2010, 11:10 PM
That's what I meant. :colbert:

Shlup
03-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Those numbers do look an awful lot alike.

Momiji
03-21-2010, 11:41 PM
And Baloki has not only boned himself, but has now caused other people to continue posting in old introduction threads! Amazing work of the fox!

The sly bastard.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/1248715399_arctic-fox-hunting.gif

Baloki
03-22-2010, 12:37 AM
I approve of that gif ^.^

Freya
03-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Freya(Lekana:mad2:)

Why do I have angry face next to my name?

leader of mortals
03-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Because I liked the name Lekana?

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Liekana, ammirite?

Freya
03-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Well I like Freya :colbert:

leader of mortals
03-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Meh, I still love you.

Jiro
03-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Hi I just woke up what is going on :confused:

Shlup
03-22-2010, 01:45 AM
We're waiting for Del and BoB to quit playing FFXIII for five minutes so they can put in their votes for the three people to be eliminated, then I'm putting up task two.

Tavrobel
03-22-2010, 01:52 AM
fail m0ar kthxbai

oddler
03-22-2010, 02:19 AM

This is not a Mafia thread, Jiro. :greenie:

Vermachtnis
03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Am I a Knight yet? I really wanna see if it's possible to ban myself.

Jiro
03-22-2010, 02:59 AM

This is not a Mafia thread, Jiro. :greenie:

##Vote: oddler

He's obviously trying to confuse the town. He's a dirty mafioso. :greenie:

oddler
03-22-2010, 03:05 AM
So am I closer to being a Cid's Knight or further away? :tongue:

Goldenboko
03-22-2010, 03:14 AM
We're waiting for Del and BoB to quit playing FFXIII for five minutes so they can put in their votes for the three people to be eliminated, then I'm putting up task two.

Don't you mean stop drafting for the California Angels? xD

Ouch!
03-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Now that I finally have time to read the rules for this tournament, it seems like almost every effort has been made to squeeze the fun out of it thus far. Well done!

oddler
03-22-2010, 03:21 AM
There's only as much fun as we, ourselves, can shove into it. *shoves*

Shlup
03-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Not that I agree this isn't fun, but since when is being a CK supposed to be fun anyway? If you want to be a CK I think you should have to work for it.

Ouch!
03-22-2010, 03:27 AM
I'd certainly hope being a CK is fun. If not, can't say I understand why anyone would be remotely interested in the position. I get paid to work. If I'm doing work for free, it better be fun. Maybe I'm just crazy.

leader of mortals
03-22-2010, 03:49 AM
I'd certainly hope being a CK is fun. If not, can't say I understand why anyone would be remotely interested in the position. I get paid to work. If I'm doing work for free, it better be fun. Maybe I'm just crazy.

It's more about becoming a more recognized and respected member of the community.

And banning some of the dumber people, I guess.

Tavrobel
03-22-2010, 03:52 AM
It's more about becoming a more recognized and respected member of the community.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/9/9e/HA_HA_HA%2C_OH_WOW.jpg/500px-HA_HA_HA%2C_OH_WOW.jpg

Jiro
03-22-2010, 03:55 AM
It's about the prestige, man.

oddler
03-22-2010, 03:56 AM
The feeling of being a Cid's Knight would change from person to person, I'd assume. Some would accept the position for the popularity, some would accept the position for the fun of it, for the experience, a sense of pride, a feeling of empowerment, for the chance of gaining position to easily better the site, or any combination of those reasons not excluding others not listed. Come on, now. :choc2:

Ouch!
03-22-2010, 03:57 AM
I get enough epeens through Xbox Live and muhmorpuhguhs, thanks.

leader of mortals
03-22-2010, 04:01 AM
I get enough epeens through Xbox Live and muhmorpuhguhs, thanks.

Then don't be a Cid's Knight?

Shlup
03-22-2010, 04:03 AM
That's not going to be a problem for him.

Ouch!
03-22-2010, 04:04 AM
I made that decision last night when I went to bed instead of writing a poem. Wish I could say Disney World was awesome today, but we got rained on after about noon. :|

Jiro
03-22-2010, 04:05 AM
But what about tradition, Ouch? :(

Shlup
03-22-2010, 04:06 AM
I can't say I blame you. There's not much I wouldn't do for a chance to go to Disney World.

oddler
03-22-2010, 04:07 AM
I made that decision last night when I went to bed instead of writing a poem. Wish I could say Disney World was awesome today, but we got rained on after about noon. :|

Something always happens there with weather. When I went, it was all kinds of like 105 degrees outside. Simply sweltering!

Ouch!
03-22-2010, 04:08 AM
Disney World for free, Shlup! For free. Well, not free including food or the gas for the drive up, but otherwise, totally awesome and free.

Also, tradition is over-rated. I'm sure you'll all be fine without me.

Raistlin
03-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Not that I agree this isn't fun, but since when is being a CK supposed to be fun anyway? If you want to be a CK I think you should have to work for it.

Yeah, you sure did a lot to be on staff. :p

Shlup
03-22-2010, 04:46 AM
I did! You don't even know the things I had to do. :crying:

Raistlin
03-22-2010, 04:50 AM
I was going to say that working under someone might have been difficult for you, but then I remembered all of your experience doing just that (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2703090-post56.html).

Psychotic
03-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Am I a Knight yet? I really wanna see if it's possible to ban myself.It's not. :(
I get enough epeens through Xbox Live and muhmorpuhguhs, thanks.Remember that time I got a killing spree entirely on you? Man that was the best. You just didn't learn. :greenie:

Shlup
03-22-2010, 05:06 AM
I was going to say that working under someone might have been difficult for you, but then I remembered all of your experience doing just that (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2703090-post56.html).

:stare:

Del Murder
03-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Hey I'm not playing it that much. Mainly studying for an exam to better my career and my life.

I just want to apologize to everyone for my lack of involvement this year. I mean, after seeing what we've put out, I'm seriously really sorry. :p

Lawr
03-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Whaaat's the next taaask is it more poems or something?

Psychotic
03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Ha! Nothing of the sort! You'll have to write either a play or an opera.

oddler
03-22-2010, 06:08 AM
So in other words, a long story or a long poem? :jess:

Shlup
03-22-2010, 06:16 AM
I just want to apologize to everyone for my lack of involvement this year. I mean, after seeing what we've put out, I'm seriously really sorry. :p

For the record, I asked you to at least help me.

Whatever. I think this is better than the previous version, where you almost literally had to have no social life at all to keep up with everything. Task 1 was fun and you know it!

Raistlin
03-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Task 1 was fun. What's my reward for winning it?

Shlup
03-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Every day you remain unbanned is a reward.

~*~Celes~*~
03-22-2010, 06:30 AM
I happen to like this version so far :colbert: Being required to have a confessional was rough especially when we were required to update. ;/

Raistlin
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Really, you think I'm a reward to have around? Aw, Shluppers, I knew you cared. :love:

Jessweeee♪
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
I thought they were fun, but I did pretty bad on some of the challenges for them because I'm not very verbal xD

The Man
03-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Eliminated ~
The Manwat

I put you in there just to make sure!

So just to confirm, this means I couldn't have won the contest? It's probably for the best I didn't bother signing up then :monster:

Psychotic
03-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Yeah, we had a debate about whether to allow you to actually participate and become a CK, but you lost it by one vote...

The Man
03-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah, we had a debate about whether to allow you to actually participate and become a CK, but you lost it by one vote...

I see what you did there :monster:

Psychotic
03-22-2010, 06:50 AM
I thought you might like that one :aimkiss:

Rodarian
03-22-2010, 11:30 PM
What confessional.. I just came back from a beer pong party...Plus I'm rolling a joint and now there is a creepy geko looking at me! *ick*

Plus I'm ':bou::bou::bou::bou:ting' bricks cause I'm a whole bunch of ppl are getting eliminated!!:eek:

Awrini
03-23-2010, 02:59 AM
So don't lie, who missed my inane rants? I'm back to posting semi-regularly. =P

Shlup
03-23-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm not going to lie, I totally miss your avatar when you're gone.

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2010, 03:05 AM
That avatar just makes me angry :(

Shlup
03-23-2010, 03:09 AM
*snip*

Jiro
03-23-2010, 03:16 AM
You're helping them? How the smurf am I meant to beat any of these guys legitimately? I thought you loved me :cry:

Lawr
03-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Hahaha thanks Shlup I owe you one. You can sack tap me if you want I don't care.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 03:35 AM
Well, fine, if you guys are going to be that way about it! No links to newbie threads for you! Cid's Knights must be vigilant!

blackmage_nuke
03-23-2010, 07:50 AM
I wouldve joined up if i had bothered to read sticky threads

Why didnt you send out one of those annoying PM's to previous contestants!?

Shlup
03-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Because I have a life.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 08:06 AM
I gotta go with Shlup on this one.

blackmage_nuke
03-23-2010, 08:30 AM
brown noser

Rodarian
03-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Phew what all did I miss.... Next Task already?!

Jiro
03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Looks like I'm exerting my authority already. Heh, :smug:

But seriously, I was only playin' Shlup.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
But seriously, I was only playin' Shlup.

Nobody manipulates Shlup!

Smite him down, Shlup! Wait, that was the other one. Nevermind.

PuPu
03-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Jiro
Moon Rabbits
Xaven
Rodarian
some fat guy with cheese
Freya
Aerith's Knight

I have a feeling that these people won't make it.

Fonzie
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Jiro
Moon Rabbits
Xaven
Rodarian
some fat guy with cheese
Freya
Aerith's Knight

That's a little harsh to post up there, dude. xD

oddler
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
I know. I feel so left out that I wasn't on your list. :(

Flying Mullet
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
With no confessionals this time around you have to be up front and say it to everyone.

Pheesh
03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Someone should have started up a betting pool.

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Jiro
Moon Rabbits
Xaven
Rodarian
some fat guy with cheese
Freya
Aerith's Knight

You're awful! Simply awful!! *runs off crying*:kaocry2:

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Take no heed of the rejects. If they knew what they were talking about they wouldn't have been eliminated.

Freya
03-24-2010, 07:41 PM
I hope the next task isn't as time consuming because tomorrow I have a 16 hour drive back to oklahoma. If it is, I might miss out and have to drop out cause I wont be able to do whatever!

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I hope the next task isn't as time consuming because tomorrow I have a 16 hour drive back to oklahoma. If it is, I might miss out and have to drop out cause I wont be able to do whatever!

Luckily I'm in one of my, "I don't care leave me alone" moods toward my classes, otherwise I'd be doing the work they assigned and wouldn't have time for this xD

PuPu
03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
You're all probably wondering why I selected those people up there.

Well, it starts with this:

Once a newbie thread has been posted, each contestant has 36 hours to welcome that newbie.

And then, to this post:

Yes.

Now take a look at this:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/130492-im-back.html

It's been over 36 hours and those seven people did not welcome me back. According to the rules, you are all eliminated. ;)

Sabotaging attempt successful, Raistlin.

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 09:22 PM
You were gone for 8 hours, not years (you posted at least 150 times before that thread, over several months). I hope Shlup disqualifies Raistlin for this obvious sabotage.

PuPu
03-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm extremely mad right now

lol

Oh no, somebody's mad at me!

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm not angry at you, I find a little sad, but meh, your time to waste. I would however be angry at an admin who'd take that seriously.

PuPu
03-24-2010, 09:41 PM
your time to waste.

Says the guy continuously spending the past few days on EoFF for a blue title.

I would however be angry at an admin who'd take that seriously.

I hope you didn't actually think this would happen.

Psychotic
03-24-2010, 09:42 PM
PuPu, stop making people mad because the whole point of EoFF is to be nice to people. I will have to edit all of your posts to say lovely things about kittens and rainbows because that is how we operate around here.

demondude
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
shut up, Psy.

FIGHT!

Psychotic
03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
I take a dim view of moderator sass and you will be prosecuted to the full extent of internet law.

PS: Wasn't that shorter than 12 words? :greenie:

demondude
03-24-2010, 09:48 PM
your mum's shorter than 12 words.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't posts in Wonder Square and Frocobo Stables not count, anyway? :p

EDIT: Wait, DD was eliminated, so it doesn't matter, anyway. :p

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 09:49 PM
I take a dim view of moderator sass and you will be prosecuted to the full extent of internet law.

Posts in this thread don't count, iirc. :greenie: I am so going to pay for this in Halo, aren't I? :eep:

demondude
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
I got eliminated because one of my links was broken. :catfight:

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM

Posts in this thread don't count, iirc. :greenie: I am so going to pay for this in Halo, aren't I? :eep:

I wouldn't put you in the cage for it (I'd let paul do that), but I might splatter you in a mongeese. :)

But I'd do that anyway.

Psychotic
03-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Well shut my mouth!

Shlup
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Okay, PuPu has made me lawl. I admit I am tempted to just eliminate all of those people but I really want to live to see tomorrow so no. xD

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 09:58 PM
PuPu, stop making people mad because the whole point of EoFF is to be nice to people. I will have to edit all of your posts to say lovely things about kittens and rainbows because that is how we operate around here.

PuPu was mean to me!! :kaocry: cause he says I'll get eliminated soon!! Waaaahhh

PuPu
03-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Well that was fun. Successful joke topic was successful.

I was pretty surprised that my topic didn't get locked/deleted sooner. I had thought that the staff either didn't notice it, or noticed it and didn't care. Still, I was curious as to what would happen. Anyways, I don't have anything against those people that were on the list. They just happened to not post in the topic.

Good luck to those still in the competition. Yeah, even you, AK and Rodarian.

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Yes, I know :p And Paul would oh, so happily do that, too. Just as he has done the past 1million+ times. :greenie:

EDIT: @AK

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Good luck to those still in the competition. Yeah, even you, AK and Rodarian.

:colbert: Thank you!...

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 11:12 PM
PuPu why wasn't I on your list? You didn't seriously think my refusal to welcome you was just my quirky way of saying hi was it? :nonono:

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
I can only imagine how long it'll take this one to be tallied up completely :| Poor Shlup has her work cut out for her.

Lawr
03-25-2010, 02:15 AM
I can only imagine how long it'll take this one to be tallied up completely :| Poor Shlup has her work cut out for her.

So do we?

~*~Celes~*~
03-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Maybe, but she has to read over every single post and determine the quality.

Xaven
03-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Just search for posts by a given user in all forums except Adventure forums. If the post on the bottom of the page (being 50 per page) is after the start time, you pass. xP

~*~Celes~*~
03-25-2010, 02:38 AM
has to be 12+ and not spammy quality too, don't forget. :colbert:

Xaven
03-25-2010, 02:41 AM
has to be 12+ and not spammy quality too, don't forget. :colbert:
That's for opportunists to warn you over, trying to eliminate the competition! xP

Freya
03-25-2010, 02:42 AM
You already passed that part! now it's just them deciding who to eliminate. They already know you got the 50 posts.

~*~Celes~*~
03-25-2010, 02:43 AM
That and to promote actual thought-out posts instead of lazy half-arsed ones!

Marshall Banana
03-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Conciseness is a virtue, I think.

Xaven
03-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Conciseness is a virtue, I think.
And clarity. :p

Shlup
03-25-2010, 04:57 AM
That's why I set it up for you guys to be able to narc on each other. Something I learned as a teacher: get the kids do do as much of the work for you as possible, and grade work as you go not just at the end.

This competition is all about efficiency.

Lawr
03-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Yeah guys it's all about efficiency; getting the largest possible spike in activity in the shortest amount of time.

~*~Celes~*~
03-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Well you have to figure, activity really isn't all that great around her, except for the Ciddies when EVERYONE is suddenly online and refreshing the page so often that the forums break from time to time. So, using this to boost activity was a good idea imo.

Momiji
03-25-2010, 05:06 AM
Activity is a good thing for all parties involved. I have yet to understand why so many people are bitching about this. I've been having so much fun in this competition that I haven't really even bothered visiting the other sites and their forums that I frequent these past 2 days. With all of these new threads comes a bunch of discussion opportunities, when frankly, really interesting threads have been rather sparse lately.