PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Simpson returns to reality TV

SuperMillionaire
03-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Jessica Simpson is now hosting The Price of Beauty on VH1, where she travels the world and looks at what foreigners define as "beautiful."

She seems to be portrayed in a very intelligent manner, but I actually liked her dumber style in Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, when she was married to Nick Lachey of 98 Degrees; that was a really funny show.

"Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says 'chicken... by the sea.'" - Jessica Simpson, when confronted with a can of Chicken of the Sea tuna, Newlyweds, 2003.

Mo-Nercy
03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
I've never liked Jessica Simpson in anything I've seen her in. Though I say that without having seen Dukes of Hazzard.

However, this does seem like a pretty interesting show.

Breine
03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
The premise of the show sounds interesting.

Also, the whole "I'm blonde and should make dumb comments" act from Newlyweds was just annoying. Just drop it already, and act like yourself.

SuperMillionaire
03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I actually liked her dumb blonde antics on Newlyweds.

"I don't eat buffalo." - Jessica Simpson, when asked if she wanted buffalo wings.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Like Breine, I like the concept of this show. Jessica Simpson aside it sounds very interesting.

SuperMillionaire
03-23-2010, 01:26 PM
It's pretty exotic when you think about it...

Also, what's your favorite moment from Newlyweds?

Breine
03-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I actually liked her dumb blonde antics on Newlyweds.

"I don't eat buffalo." - Jessica Simpson, when asked if she wanted buffalo wings.

I guess they could be amusing sometimes, but it was just so obvious that they were planned and a way for the show to get more ratings. Just like The Osbournes and their swearing/crazy behaviour.

SuperMillionaire
03-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Yes, and that's why the term "reality TV" is not meant to be taken literally.