PDA

View Full Version : Resonance of Fate Review

ANGRYWOLF
03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Resonance Of Fate Video Game, Review | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-resonance-of/63360)

I wonder if anyone is interested in this.The combat seems hard and the story didn't get the best but it seems to have had a lot of thought put into it and seems more western than your typrical jrpg.

:D

I Don't Need A Name
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Looks like I will be checking this game out, like I thought I would be.

It's been a while since I've been provided a challenge :jess:

VeloZer0
03-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Never heard of it before. Looks interesting. Only problem is that I have 4 RPGs I haven't even gotten to play sitting on my shelf, so I probably won't be getting to this for a while.

Mirage
03-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I've been waiting for this for some time. Definitely going to buy it when i can afford to.

Rase
03-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Been keeping an eye on this. I have too much on my plate of life right now, but I'm definitely going to try this when I get the chance.

Jessweeee♪
03-22-2010, 03:26 AM
I was secretly hoping this would be a Threads of Fate sequel when I saw the title :(

NeoCracker
03-22-2010, 05:53 AM
I picked it up the day it came out, though I"m not likely to play it until I"m past FF XIII and GoW III.

Zeromus_X
03-26-2010, 09:02 AM
VALKRYRIE PROFILE 2 WITH GUNS

Want to pick it up sometime, but have yet to even play SO4: International or FFXIII. It definitely looks more promising than tri-Ace's last couple of games.

Vyk
03-30-2010, 04:44 AM
I'm currently playing through this game. Dodged FFXIII to check out a quirky underdog with some heart. So far I love the game. I'm on Chapter 2 right now (third chapter of the game [there's a prologue]). That GT review is what prompted me on the game and I went right out and rented it. I could use an off-beat JRPG to get me back into gaming. The review was right. The main story sort of takes a back seat. Which is kind of a refreshing change of pace. Its like playing through a quirky awesome anime. It took me a while to get the full swing of the battle system. But now I'm pretty beastly. I'm only renting the game right now. But if it can hold the course I'll probably be buying it this weekend. Might finally give FFXIII a whirl after that

Jiro
03-30-2010, 05:51 AM
I saw it in a store like three days ago, didn't even remember this thread xD. I'm really curious to see how it's received, seemed pretty interesting to me.

NeoCracker
03-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Only played the Prologue, and the battle system is pretty rad so far. Kind of like the overworld being comprised of Hexes too.

Depending on who is leading, they'll say different things when you click on stuff.

It'll be a couple days before playing again, as I said I need to beat a couple other games. THough I'm right at the end of XIII, and GoW III is done, so it shouldn't be long before I get full swing into this game.

Vyk
04-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Chapter 4 of 16 and 20 hours in and still falling more in love with this game. I think I enjoy playing with their clothes a little too much though xD But I'm really starting to get the mechanics of battle. Once you start getting a plethora of throwing items and extra bullet varieties and abusing the Tri-Attack option, the pace of battle changes drastically, and it so much fun @.@;

Rad Bromance
04-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Does this play like a turn based RPG or an action RPG?

Vyk
04-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Turn-based action? The enemies wait while you decide what you're going to do but once you decide, they do whatever they want. You can kinda move around at will and shoot. But there's a time limit and you get hugely rewarded for not doing that. So its best to treat it more like turn-based. The turns work out kinda like old Final Fantasy Active Time Battles. And harder enemies are very strategic. But with the right strategy you can take down enemies four times your levels

Rad Bromance
04-07-2010, 01:44 AM
I can't for the life of me get the battle system down or how the world map works.

The tutorials are frustratingly terrible.

Vyk
04-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Well for the most part, with battles you want to abuse the hero-action button. For a round or two (or more, later in the game), and cross paths as often as possible to build up points. And then use the tri-attack. Early in the game I suggest having Zephyr at the top of your order list in the menu. That puts him in the middle during battle, behind the others. So you get a resonance point from his first hero action, and he can mow down enemies pretty effectively and the other two can finish off the damage he'd cause. Once you get the hang of it you can build better strategies later. But yeah. It took me a while to get the hang of the battle system, but once you come to terms with it, its fun. Most just hero action after hero action and then massive abuse of the tri-attacks

But if you have any specific questions I'll answer as best I can

I'm not sure what's got you with the world map. Other than everything's essentially "locked" and you have to open it up by placing hexes on paths to open up areas

Rad Bromance
04-08-2010, 01:50 AM
How do you perform a Smackdown attack?

NeoCracker
04-08-2010, 03:13 AM
During a Hero action, knock an opponent into the air.

Proceed to jump and fire at them when you are over head, knocking them into the ground.