PDA

View Full Version : This has convinced me.

Rebellious Eagle
03-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Final Fantasy VII - Wikiquote (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII)

I need to buy this game now, right? Even if it breaks my piggy bank?

Rantz
03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
It's definitely worth playing! ;D

oddler
03-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I've played FF VII probably over 10 times. 200 hours of fun for ~ $30?

Get it! Get it now! :choc2:

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Oddler, you can consistently beat this game in 20 hours? I normally spend like 40 hours each playthrough, but that might be because I have to do the side-quests...

Marshall Banana
03-21-2010, 11:11 PM
I spent nearly ten hours just in Midgar in my recent play-through. =O

seiferalmasy2
03-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Final Fantasy VII - Wikiquote (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII)

I need to buy this game now, right? Even if it breaks my piggy bank?

Yes. It is the greatest game ever made imho, although the translation job was mediocre.

Rebellious Eagle
03-21-2010, 11:47 PM
I guess "This guy are sick!" is a good example...
But it still sounds so funny. I like funny games. :D

Marshall Banana
03-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I like the translation! It's cute at times, and it's funny at times. Barret cracks me up the most!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/finalfantasy/ffvii10.png

oddler
03-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Oddler, you can consistently beat this game in 20 hours? I normally spend like 40 hours each playthrough, but that might be because I have to do the side-quests...

Nope, which even further explains my point.

G13
03-22-2010, 05:24 AM

You can beat it in 40 hours!? Good god I get 30 hours on the first disc! I'd do the bow smiley but I think Shlup deleted it.

MJN SEIFER
03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Go for it! I would heavilly recomend this game.

Momiji
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Go for it, but don't get your expectations too high. Mine were really high, and I was really disappointed because of it.

>_<
03-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Worth the price just for this quote alone...
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m433/muninart/Odds/ffquote_gawd.jpg

Beyond that, I think if you put all the over-hype aside, it still offers a rather intriguing story. The fact that it's told in a slightly convulted way actually works in it's favour, I think.

Rebellious Eagle
03-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Well, I've ordered it, and it's on its way from Oregon.
Every quote I've seen by Barret involves him cursing in some way, shape, or form...

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 02:49 AM
It's fun if you rename Aeris. Silly things like this will happen:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 06:30 AM
By the way, FFVII also contains some scenes that are creepy or horrifying.

For one, the scene in which Cloud and friends follow a trail of blood and murdered Shinra employees to President Shinra's dead body is really scary!

Xaven
03-24-2010, 06:41 AM

For one, the scene in which Cloud and friends follow a trail of blood and murdered Shinra employees to President Shinra's dead body is really scary!
Oh my, yes! I had forgotten about that! Hm, I don't think I can think of any other instances so creepy in a Final Fantasy game. Well, maybe Ultimecia's molted corpse thing.

Anyhow, now you can experience it all first hand, RE~. Don't forget to name your characters interesting things as Jesse♪ suggested!

Momiji
03-24-2010, 06:53 AM
I think Anima from FFX freaked me out more than anything in a Final Fantasy game. But yeah, there are a few creepy scenes in FFVII too.

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 04:32 PM

Oh my, yes! I had forgotten about that! Hm, I don't think I can think of any other instances so creepy in a Final Fantasy game.
And to think that they were asleep when it happened and so close by! Plus, the music is creepy. Eeeeeeek!

Rantz
03-24-2010, 05:09 PM

Oh my, yes! I had forgotten about that! Hm, I don't think I can think of any other instances so creepy in a Final Fantasy game.
And to think that they were asleep when it happened and so close by! Plus, the music is creepy. Eeeeeeek!

The music definitely makes that scene, it's so eerie. Really creepy, but one of my favourite moments of VII.

Merk
03-24-2010, 07:13 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/finalfantasy/ffvii10.png

Screen shots like this make me wonder why I don't play it 3 times a year.

oddler
03-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Screen shots like this make me wonder why I don't play it 3 times a year.

I agree; I actually regret starting a XII game now. I should've just replayed this one again.

seiferalmasy2
03-24-2010, 08:27 PM

That was jenova if I remember? Sephiroth carried it with him leaving a trail of blood?

oddler
03-24-2010, 08:32 PM
That was jenova if I remember? Sephiroth carried it with him leaving a trail of blood?

I never really thought about it but that makes a lot more sense. I just liked to think of it as a bloody path of carnage. :D

Rase
03-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Kind of a strange reason to push you over the edge in wanting to try the game. Hope you enjoy it though, just keep your expectations in check.

Sephiroth
03-24-2010, 08:50 PM
It's fun if you rename Aeris. Silly things like this will happen:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1

No wonder Aerith let herself killed by Sephiroth.

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM

I think so. Probably.

MJN SEIFER
03-24-2010, 11:56 PM
The thing is for me I wasn't aware the game was hyped when I got it - I just read a Walkthrough of the game, and it sounded cool, so I got it, and now it's one of my most favorite games ever. I didn't expect anything other than what I saw.

Rostum
03-25-2010, 12:07 AM
If you have a PSP or a PS3 you can buy it off PSN for only $10 I believe.

line_genrou
03-25-2010, 04:12 AM

I think the scene where Zack is shot in the freaking head is more horrifying.

asukaevaunit02
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Go for it, but don't get your expectations too high. Mine were really high, and I was really disappointed because of it.

Agreed, thought it was going to be awesome, by all that hype. I felt it was a big drag... I only finished just for the sake of finishing it, not because I enjoyed it that much...

Marshall Banana
03-25-2010, 06:26 PM

I think the scene where Zack is shot in the freaking head is more horrifying.
Oh, yeah! So is the destruction of Sector 7/the crushing of everyone in it!

Aerith's Knight
03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Thrown in some incest and you have yourself a Shakespeare play.

That scene with the pool of blood, I usually just rush through it. Too creepy to be allowed in a great game.

Christmas
05-11-2022, 11:45 AM
I sold my fleas and ticks to buy the game. Despite how much i loved the former, they have to go and fund my obsessions with SWORDS. :(