PDA

View Full Version : Swimming

Laddy
03-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Spring is coming soon here in the States and I love to swim!

What do you think about swimming? What do you swim in, where do you swim?

Freya
03-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Gawd these GC titles are so boring.

I like to swim but i'm very out of shape now because i've been sick for the past yearish. Soooo I don't swim as much as I'd like.

I also am afraid of deep water so I don't swim often where I can't see or touch the bottom.

EDIT: Also public pools are gross too many little kids pee in them. If I could ever get a large pool when I own a house I will.

Lightening
03-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Swimming is great for surviving when you're in water and stuff. I prefer freshwater.

Shlup
03-22-2010, 08:51 AM
I love to swim and am super excited. Just before it started getting cold last year I moved into a nice big house with a pool. Every morning I'd wake up, open the big French doors from my bedroom to the backyard, and jump right in the pool.

I'm looking forward to doing that again.

Freya
03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
If I could ever get a large pool when I own a house I will.

I moved into a nice big house with a pool.

:colbert:

Shlup
03-22-2010, 09:02 AM
If it makes you feel any better it's not my house and I have no children and will be in my late 20s as of this coming Sunday.

Freya
03-22-2010, 09:03 AM
That does warm my heart slightly. Thank you.

Shlup
03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
As long as my homelessness and empty womb comfort someone, it's almost very slightly worth it. :<3:

Freya
03-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I just now thought of an even more amusing response than my one before but I can't edit it now since you replied and I think others would think it was distasteful of a comment but i'd be rolling on the floor in bits of laughter :/

and yeah... swimming... I like giant water slides too. VROOM VROOM fast. I kinda get a little bit of adrenaline rush.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I haven't really went swimming in ages. Last August, when I was home, I went into the river for a bit, but that time aside, I haven't done much swimming. Fresh water > salt water!

I've been meaning to get a membership at the local YMCA and start doing laps. I've been meaning to do so for like 4 or 5 years now :P

Oh, I am hydrophilic, if you haven't noticed. I LOVE WATER. Why else would I be the summoner of Leviathan?

Aydin
03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I love swimming, however, I have to wear an oversized T-Shirt everytime I swim. :P

Also, I prefer freshwater like most of the people here.

NorthernChaosGod
03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Swimming is rad, I've already started going to the pool again. :cool:

I just wear trunks.

louby_4eva
03-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I can't swim :( I do go 'swimming' though, I take my awesome float so I don't die :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Breine
03-22-2010, 11:10 AM
I love to swim, be it in the ocean, pools or whatever. It's always nice!

Jiro
03-24-2010, 03:59 AM
I don't usually like to swim, I'm not the biggest fan of water. But when it's hot and I have friends with me, it can be fun!

Lawr
03-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Swimming pool games are mad fun especially swim-wrestling. Like I go up on someone's shoulders and someone else does the same on another person then we try to knock each other over however we can. It's good fun.

But I almost drowned a long time ago once when I was a kid. (Not while swim-wrestling!)

Xaven
03-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Let's see. The last time I've swum was... summer of 06! It's been a while!

Pools are fine. I have no experience with rivers or lakes though, so I can't say what freshwater is like.

I hate the beach, salt water sucks, ew ew ew.

And I wear board shorts. :D

Swimming pool games are mad fun especially swim-wrestling. Like I go up on someone's shoulders and someone else does the same on another person then we try to knock each other over however we can.
You mean chicken fights? Those are fun yes! But I'm tall, so I'm always bottom. Boring~~

Zeldy
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
I looove to swim! I went swimming for the first time in about 3 years the other week, I loved it, to me it just feels so natural. I'm a very confident swimmer, my Dad had me being trained when I was little. I'm a pretty fast forward-stroker-er! Breaststroke is my favourite though. :bigsmile: Now that I've finally joined the gym (I work there, I had no excuse not too, I GET IN FOR FREE but I still put it off for months), I'll be swimming alot more!

If you believe in superstition, the fact that I was born in an un-popped water sack made me a "water baby" and I therefore found swimming so so naturally easy, my first breath was underwater afterall!

oddler
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Uh, well I swim in trunks and I swim in a pool... normally. But swimming is pretty rare in general for me. I guess I actually swim in an ocean or in a lake just as often as I do a pool.

G13
03-24-2010, 01:44 PM
I swim in the nude. It freaks out the neighbors. :smug:

Momiji
03-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I haven't been swimming for nearly 5 years now.

I'm fine with that, really. I don't like going outside for extended periods of time.

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm a leisure swimmer and absolutely love it when I'm on a beach or a nice clear fresh water lake to swim in....

But then I somewhat paranoid that something is lurking beneath the waters and then I immediate head closer to shore...

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Aha! One of my favorite things! We have a pool in the backyard and I love jumping in, especially after a walk or whatever which has caused me to become overheated and sweaty! I'm also going to try and make a goal to do a certain amount of laps a day because the opportunity will be robbed from me in college :/

oddler
03-24-2010, 08:34 PM
But then I somewhat paranoid that something is lurking beneath the waters and then I immediate head closer to shore...

I freaking hate that feeling. Last time I went to an ocean, there were crazy amounts of jellyfish washing ashore left and right of where we were. And a dead baby shark. Made me kind of uneasy. :\

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I LOVE swimming! I haven't been swimming in years though. I usually wear a one piece, thinking maybe a tankini with a skirt bottom when I have the money.

I usually swim in public pools because the nearest watersource is the Maumee River and iirc it has pollution problems too often for my liking :\ I guess I could go to Lake Erie...

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 08:43 PM

I freaking hate that feeling. Last time I went to an ocean, there were crazy amounts of jellyfish washing ashore left and right of where we were. And a dead baby shark. Made me kind of uneasy. :\

No kidding it would make one feel uneasy...My brother stung by a jellyfish at Daytona beach in 1992..We rushed him to the hospital right away...While he was being treated, we heard on the news that there was massive of people being stung my jellyfish at the very same beach...

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 08:45 PM
My mom was stung by a jellyfish once.

Is it true that simply peeing on the wound heals it, or is that an old wives tale?

oddler
03-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I think that's supposed to ease the pain, not cure the hurt.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Is it true that simply peeing on the wound heals it, or is that an old wives tale?

That would be incredibly amusing, in public no less.

'OH MY GOD I WAS STUNG BY A JELLY FISH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGGHH'

'Quick! Take off your swimsuit and pee on it!'

'....what?'

'Yeah! I heard it works!'

'...I-I don't feel comfortable doing that...'

'Do you want it to feel better or not?!'

'Y-yeah, but...'

'Do it!'

'No! You pee on it!'

'Okay.'

'W-wait! What are you-- god your aim sucks-- IT'S NOT WORKING'

It's all an elaborate scheme to totally make fun of you while you're in pain, I bet. :p

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
It wouldn't surprise me xD I can't even remember where I heard that from. Maybe it's on Snopes?

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Lol, I think pee does actually help. That or vinegar, which they usually keep handing on the lifeguard towers around here.

I swim in the nude. It freaks out the neighbors. :smug:

Yudge.

Chloe.
03-24-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't like swimming, the thought of drowning petrifies me. :( I especially hate it in the sea because it's just so big and you don't know what's out there.

In relation to the whole jellyfish peeing thing, I remember an episode of friends where Joey had to pee on Monica because of that. xD

Zeldy
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
My mom was stung by a jellyfish once.

I've been stung by a jellyfish, whilst out snorkeling in Spain! The Spanish lifeguard rubbed some creme on it or something, I was too busy thinking I was going to die to know what the creme was. The person didn't speak a word of English either, except for "MEDUSA. MEDUSA" and would then grab her arm, to show me that the jellyfish was nicknamed the Medusa for the way it latches on to people.

Rantz
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I love swimming In money And also in water.

Peegee
03-25-2010, 07:35 PM
As long as my homelessness and empty womb comfort someone, it's almost very slightly worth it. :<3:

You're awesome. Just reminded me of this one time when I was telling Ashley she could rent her womb out for monies and she seemed genuinely interested in that prospect. Did she ever do anything except google ?

PS you should rent your womb out until you're ready

NorthernChaosGod
03-25-2010, 08:50 PM

You're awesome. Just reminded me of this one time when I was telling Ashley she could rent her womb out for monies and she seemed genuinely interested in that prospect. Did she ever do anything except google ?

PS you should rent your womb out until you're ready

Dibs!