PDA

View Full Version : How about some Taito reppin' here?

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-22-2010, 08:07 AM
For the record: this thread is NOT about a Digimon yaoi ship that consists of Taichi and Yamato; this thread is about Taito, who gave us The Legend of Kage, Lufia, and Space Invaders.

As for arcade games, it has Chase HQ, Space Invaders, and Battle Gear.

So, what are your favorite Taito games?

Momiji
03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Bubble Bobble, Bubble Symphony, and Bubble Memories (as well as the Bust-a-Move games) come to mind, as well as Darius Gaiden and G-Darius and Gekirindan. The Fairytale Story doesn't get enough love either, and I adore that game.

Taito games are hit-or-miss. From my experience, they either are fantastic, or they suck.

JKTrix
03-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Maybe this early DS gem would have gotten some more love if it had Daddy Squenix's name on it

http://i41.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/ajw9sj.jpg

This came out in Japan mere months before the takeover was 'official', but it was in progress at the time.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-27-2010, 06:09 AM
Personally speaking, I LOVED:

Darius (forgot which installment) -- the fact that you can use your enemies as an assist feels rather gamebreaking

The Legend of Kage 2 -- New storyline in Chihiro

Space Bust-A-Move -- Just loved that Bust A Move gameplay

Space Invaders Extreme 1 & 2 -- Space Invaders... as bullet hell!

Battle Gear -- just pure racing

Momiji
03-27-2010, 06:12 AM
That'd be G-Darius.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Taito shipping like most fangirl shippings make me cry
I need to play more Taito games :p

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
04-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Also, I just DL'd Bubble Bobble from the VC to my Wii.

Now, I hope that Taito would put in titles like Rastan, Darius, Asuka & Asuka, Psychic Force, and hopefully, Lufia II, seeing that the remake is an Action RPG, while a lot of us grew up playing Lufia II as a traditional (read: full-party, turn-based) JRPG.

Polnareff
04-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Get Taito Legends 2 for PS2. Full of Taito goodness. About 40 games' worth, in fact. :eek:

My favorite Taito games are:

Bust-A-Move 4 (Puzzle Bobble 4)
Psychic Force 2
Violence Fight (it kinda sucks but it's hilarious)
Darius Gaiden
Gekirindan
Lufia II