PDA

View Full Version : Pink Hair

Laddy
03-22-2010, 08:38 AM
I love the designs for the most part, but Serah and Lightning's pink hair irks me in what are otherwise relatively realistic designs.

While the other characters look like real people this "strawberry blonde" crap is seriously off-putting and I do not like it.

Discuss design flaws in characters, if applicable. :D

Shlup
03-22-2010, 08:42 AM
I like their hair. Okay Serah's is a little trailer park but whatever.

I can't decide if I would prefer Sazh's fro to be round or not. I go back and forth on it.

Hope's scarf is totally prissy.

Lightning's skirt laces down so, like... she must shave.

Fang's hair is... I don't know. Weird greasy mullet thing. Her outfit is fab though.

The hair in Snow's face drives me crazy.

I like Vanille's outfit, but it kind of irks me that no one blinks an eye at this totally tribal-dressed girl walking around Cocoon.

And that's a complaint about everyone. I'm spent.

Loony BoB
03-22-2010, 08:55 AM
I was wondering about the Vanille thing, too. I figured it's because if a Japanese girl wore something like that down mainstreet Tokyo, nobody would probably bat an eyelid, either. :p Let me know if that's true or not by doing just that, Shlup!

Shlup
03-22-2010, 09:04 AM
That's a good point. I wonder what the Harajuku of Cocoon is...

arcanedude34
03-22-2010, 01:29 PM
The only character I really have a problem with is Hope and his stupid scarf and color scheme

Ontibile
03-22-2010, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't call Serah's hair trailer park so much as, she got bit on the head by the 80's.

My main problem isn't her and Light's hair color, but rather the cut. They should tag team smurf slap the person who cut their hair. That's a terrible cut on anybody.

theundeadhero
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Pink hair is relatively realistic. I've known several people with pink hair.

No.78
04-12-2010, 08:09 PM
The hair is fine, this is fantasy remember.

I like all the designs, Hope did strike me as a Kingdom Hearts character when I first saw him, though. He looks a bit like his mum dressed him, you know?

demondude
04-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Why does Hope's hair stick out at the back so much? xD

arcanedude34
04-12-2010, 09:50 PM
The hair is fine, this is fantasy remember.

I like all the designs, Hope did strike me as a Kingdom Hearts character when I first saw him, though. He looks a bit like his mum dressed him, you know?
Haha, that was actually my first thought. Like "Sheesh, I wonder if his mom picked that out for him? :roll2"

Mo-Nercy
04-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Why does Hope's hair stick out at the back so much? xD
It's a lot like Tidus' hair in that respect.

Rye
04-13-2010, 01:11 AM
I like the cute almost natural looking pink. It looks like it should occur naturally! I wish it did!

Raistlin
04-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Serah's hair bugged me more than Lightning's, and not because of the color. Shlup is right that it is totally trailer park. But she was not around for it to actually bother me.

Hope's scarf is my only aesthetic complaint. It's retarded.

VeloZer0
04-13-2010, 02:08 AM
I didn't pick up that they had pink hair until I read this thread. I never paid much attention, I guess my brain just registered it was an effect of the lighting. Then again, I've never been one to be a details person.

Mo-Nercy
04-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Unless Frocobo is super-well-trained for it's age, I suspect that Sazh is carrying a lot of bird poop in his hair. I would have liked to see that depicted in the design.

VeloZer0
04-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Chocobo's don't poop, that is common knowledge.

kotora
04-13-2010, 03:12 AM

shouldn't be much of an issue since she wears those bicycle shorts under het skirt.

and yes looking under Lightnings skirt was probably the most interesting part of FFXIII

thehairguy
04-13-2010, 05:16 AM
Serah and Lightning's hair isn't pink ;)! It's a beautiful strawberry blond! I am a stylist and I totally do color like that on women who want strawberry blond...although I am a little confused on their cuts...Lightning's is cool how she pushes it all to the side...but uhh Serah's is all razored off in the back except her ugly side ponytail coming from the center of her head haha. But I really like Hope's hair! It's the coolest Ash Blond ever! Vanille's to me is the most "unrealistic" color. Her's is pink lol. I agree that Fang's is a greasy 80s mullet...lol.

Rodney
04-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Pink hair is relatively realistic. I've known several people with pink hair.

Also, Reina had pink hair, as I recall.

theundeadhero
04-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Yup.

Loony BoB
04-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Chocobo's don't poop, that is common knowledge.
Then what was "that smell" in chapter... 6? 8? :p

demondude
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Vanille's menstrual fluids.

Shlup
04-13-2010, 07:19 PM

shouldn't be much of an issue since she wears those bicycle shorts under het skirt.

and yes looking under Lightnings skirt was probably the most interesting part of FFXIII
No, I mean the top. Like straight down from the belly button, where it's laced.

Vanille's menstrual fluids.

:eep:

arcanedude34
04-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Just realized that Serah shares the same phonetic name with the princesses from FFI, III, and IX. Think there's anything substantial to this, or just a coincidence?

VeloZer0
04-14-2010, 03:40 AM
Four games? Sure hope not.
With that revelation maybe I can consider it to be a real Final Fantasy title (you know, with lack of fanfare and all :D)

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2010, 04:38 AM
Just realized that Serah shares the same phonetic name with the princesses from FFI, III, and IX. Think there's anything substantial to this, or just a coincidence?
I would've thought that was obvious.

Only if that's not the case would I be surprised.

arcanedude34
04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Well my first thought when I saw the name Serah was "Well that's an odd way to spell the name Sara/Sarah. Cwazy Japs." Wasn't really thinking etymology so much.

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Well, if I'm completely honest, I didn't do a whole lot of pre-release research on the game and didn't know who Serah was. I didn't read the instruction manual and just jumped straight in with subtitles off. So when I first heard Serah's name, my first thought was "like Michael Cera?"

No.78
04-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Sarah and Serah are distinctly different sounding phonetically. :P

Maybe it's an american thing...

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Depends on if you're pronouncing Sarah like Sah-rah or Seh-rah.

kotora
04-14-2010, 05:06 PM

not in the game they're not.

No.78
04-14-2010, 05:19 PM

not in the game they're not.

Sara is never said in the game, they didn't have voice actors?

But yeah, for me, Sarah is like Sair-ah while Serah is like seh-rah.

arcanedude34
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Here in America (TM) we're lazy and slur our words a bit more than you fancy Brits do, so both (at least where I live, in New York) are pronounced Sair-ah