PDA

View Full Version : Yeah Gurl! TOTAAAALLLLY~

Laddy
03-22-2010, 08:41 AM
I love going to a hair salon and queening it out with my hairdressers!

Who dosen't? NO ONE THAT'S WHO!!!

Do you like salons? Discuss.

Shlup
03-22-2010, 08:49 AM
I think I've been to a salon like twice. Unless you count Great Clips, which I don't.

I dunno... I do like getting my hair cut.

Freya
03-22-2010, 08:54 AM
They always cut off too much of my hair and it seems like none i've been to know how to treat my curly hair so they always smurf up my haircuts.

I'm trying to grow mine out long but I do need a trim soon so I hope this next time I go they don't butcher my hair. I might have to beat a hoe if that's the case.

Miriel
03-22-2010, 09:51 AM
The salon I go to gives me a latte (or tea or water) as soon as I enter the waiting area. Then they start off the session with a complimentary massage, I usually choose the face or scalp one. So relaxing! Makes me doze off for a bit. :p

The salon I go to has 3 levels of hair stylists, and I go with the cheapest ones cause they do fabulous work, and I don't really need a master stylist to trim my hair. I used to hate getting my hair cut until I went to this place. Now I enjoy it.

Breine
03-22-2010, 11:13 AM
haha xD @ thread title

Anyway, I haven't been to a salon in ages. For like the last two years I've just let my hair grow, and when it becomes too long I just cut it with a machine myself. It's easy and free! :)

Also, hairdressers don't know how to cut long hair on guys properly.

Pheesh
03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Are there seriously any guys in existence who don't flirt with their cute hair-dresser? I like mine, she's pretty funny, even if she does like... *shudder* ...nickelback.

Imperfectionist
03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Aaah i'm scared of hairdressers.

Like Freya, i'm trying to grow my hair out, but it needs a trim and the front needs feathering again but they always cut off so much and my hair length just ends up back up where I started! I mean it always looks nice but corrrr.

Rantz
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I've never been to a hairdresser (or more accurately, never had my hair cut by one). I've been doing the same thing as Breine forever with the buzzer, only lately have I dared trying my hand at using scissors to trim my hair when needed. It's honestly not that hard as long as you have two mirrors and aren't looking for the COOLEST CUT IN SCHOOLEST~

Rodarian
03-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I go to a 'Gentlemen's' Salon where they primarily cater towards yuppies and older guys...I usually stay quiet when I get a haircut... the only time I chit chat is before or after my hair cut... Honestly I would rather have my stylist to focus on my hair rather than gabbed... They might cut my ear off if they got distracted!!:eek:

Momiji
03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
You can give details of how you want your hair cut to a run-of-the-mill barber, and they'll still fuck it up. Salons do it right, so I go to them. I always tend to get the hairdressers that talk too much, though. Just do your thing so I can pay you and leave. :p

Mo-Nercy
03-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I go to a great hairdressers called 'Hair Opera'. It has automated glass doors!

I love the whole experience of getting my hair washed, cut and styled so much that 9 times out of 10, I'll feel so relaxed that I'll begin to doze off. And I'm a guy, so I'm only there for like half an hour.

Unfortunately, I can never style my own hair the way they do it. I don't know whether it's the specific brand of wax they're using that gives the better result or whether I'm doing it wrong, but it annoys me that my hair only ever looks exactly the way I want it to for half a day.

Bastian
03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I HATE getting my hair cut because of all the pointless small talk and chatter. It makes me anxious just going there because I don't want to have to deal with it. But I do like the facial and scalp massages! :D

HOWEVER, I think that's just because I don't go to expensive places much. I've done a tiny bit of acting and modeling and I notice that those hairdressers don't engage in stupid small talk.

lunaj
03-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I cut my hair with a vacuum cleaner

Zeldy
03-22-2010, 08:26 PM
This thread has reminded me that I need to ring and book an appointment for Friday. I'm just so petrified of making phone calls.. :{

meh, I'm indifferent. I hate making that awkward conversation with them, and I have to stare at myself in the mirror for hooooooours.

Chloe.
03-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I haven't been to a hairdressers for ages, my mum's friend is a hairdresser so she comes to our house and does our hair, and she doesn't charge much! I always disliked going to the hairdressers though, for the same reason that Zeldy said, the awkward conversation. They would always ask silly questions about my life and I would just want to sit there quietly and relax. :(