PDA

View Full Version : Deeper Character Creation

Laddy
03-22-2010, 08:56 AM
One thing that irked me about FF1 was lack of ability to modify character beyond class and name.
I wouldn't want anything too advanced, but maybe gender and color choices maybe?

Disucss what you would want in character creation.

oddler
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Dude, character creation and unique customization is a mad selling-point for me. Anything and everything you can do to make a character your own, I'm all for it.

Simply for FF I, I accept that it was made when limitations were pretty steep so I'm not too peeved that we only had so much customization. Still, I'd like for FF to revisit that sort of party creation and use a "Warriors of Light" setup in a story again so you could actually set up your guys how you wanted. :choc2:

Laddy
03-22-2010, 10:55 AM
OR GIRLS! D:<

Xaven
03-22-2010, 01:58 PM
No girls allowed in 1987.

Color choices would be fine, I suppose! I do love coordinating outfits in video games!

VeloZer0
03-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I was under the impression that FF was ahead of the pack for customization in 1987. I could be wrong, I'm not exactly an NES RPG aficionado.

Pallet swaps on the NES sprites would be cool, and certainly feasible by NES hardware.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 01:30 AM
I love character customization... except in FFs. In FFs I'm totally fine with what they give me, even in the first one. They were just little blobs anyway.

Except for Tidus. :|

theundeadhero
04-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Don't forget that you also had to choose what magic each character learned and the order you bought them in determined the order they would appear in the menu :p

qwertysaur
04-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Changing the color of the different class outfits? A purple Knight and a green Red Wizard :p

Realm25
06-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Well, even in the Final Fantasy MMO (11) the character creation wasn't that impressive. Infact, it was down right weak.

As far as the older games go, 3 and 5 were excellent in the way they let you pick and choose class options. Typically though I play FF games for the story and game-play. I could careless what their facial features look like.

Tokimadoushi
06-03-2010, 07:21 AM
No girls allowed in 1987.

Color choices would be fine, I suppose! I do love coordinating outfits in video games!

Would have been pretty cool if you had different sprites for different genders, for example a male fighter and a female fighter, thief, monk, etc.
Would've sorted out the lengthy debates on the internet about White Mage's gender :roll2

Imagine Black Mage wearing a dress with long hair poking out the back :D