PDA

View Full Version : 'Fauna'

Rodarian
03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
You know lately I've been getting sad that we humans don't care enough about about the wild life...Thus many of truly wondrous creatures are endangered of becoming extinct.:(

Through poaching, encroachment , harvesting and everything between them.... I don't want my kids to experience, life......without any of our indigenous lifeforms....Books and zoos are one thing, but knowing that they still walk the earth brings more comfort than feeling bitter that they 'once' roamed....:(

Right now my biggest passion is towards tiger conservation (I'm part of WWF and National Geographic Wildlife Preservation)

Tell me your thoughts fellow EyesOn...

Freya
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I read the titled and thought Sauna and was all ready to discuss about sitting in a hot steamy room from the lack of experience of ever being in one.

My father hunts so i'm not so "OMG DED ANIMALS OH NOES!" But that's generally more common animals. Other things like certain endangered creatures, yeah those make me sad. I can understand hunting an animal when it's in abundance but to hunt something that there is hardly anything of? Yeah that is just toolish.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Being a country boy, I've been hunting before, even learned how to use a gun. That being said, I am pretty much against all hunting except for subsistence (I find both moose and caribou tasty), however hunting as a sport is ridiculous and barbaric. :/

Mo-Nercy
03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I feel you on that. I've just recently watched Earthlings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkLt88_u5lQ). I didn't think it would've been possible for me to cry watching a documentary before, but this film had me in tears within the first 10 minutes.

I actually got the link from squiike on EoEO (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/130118-animal-cruelty-within-largest-industries-world.html). It went pretty much ignored though.

You know, Roda. Reading that you're so passionate about tiger conservation has actually triggered a memory from my childhood. I was probably only about 6-7 and I was on vacation in China with my family. I remember having a photo taken with a presumably heavily sedated tiger. I was able to touch it, put my hand in it's mouth and go nose-to-nose with it. I thought it was awesome at the time, but geez... that poor tiger. :(

BarelySeeAtAll
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't want my kids to experience, life......without any of our indigenous lifeforms

Bet no one thought like that when they killed off the dinosaurs :mad:

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 06:22 PM
It's a form of natural selection. We win, animals lose.

I'm gonna go punch a whale in the face now.

Psychotic
03-22-2010, 06:52 PM
New species are being created all the time thanks to evolution, though! So it evens itself out.

Madonna
03-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I personally have an agenda against vegetarians; why are they eating all the food for our food?! How about you quit eating the environment, vegetarians!? The only things I wish to conserve are all the bullets we need to execute these ecological criminals!

Breine
03-22-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm against hunting, and would never participate in it. Also, lately I've been seriously contemplating becoming a vegetarian, both for health, moral/ethical and environmental reasons.

Bastian
03-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm against hunting, and would never participate in it. Also, lately I've been seriously contemplating becoming a vegetarian, both for health, moral/ethical and environmental reasons.

Welcome to the DarkLight Side! ;)

I'm a tree hugging vegetarian and I like my animals nice and non extinct. Except the stinky ones.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 12:15 AM
I think it's sad when a species is endangered because of humans, but if it's because of other animals or whatever then... that's nature. *shrug*