PDA

View Full Version : Vampires Don't Sparkle

oddler
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Castlevania.

I've noticed a lot of games in this series out and about. The last one I played was Symphony of the Night for Playstation and it is still one of my absolute favorite games. How many freaking games are there in this series now? Are they any good? What do you guys think of these games? What sorts of improvements or changes have been made since the Playstation era?

and second you are not thread started and to not a joke it is a what if

Rase
03-22-2010, 08:26 PM
There's something like 25-30 Castlevania games overall, depending on what you would consider a game in the series (Haunted Castle, Kid Dracula, etc). Since Symphony the series really started to sputter in my opinion, until Aria of Sorrow on the GBA. Since then it's been on the upswing overall, though Portrait of Ruin was kinda "meh".

VeloZer0
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
The only Castlevania games I really like have been the 'SotN' ish games. I loved SotN, Aira of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Eccelsia, but the old 'whip' Castlevania's don't appeal to me. Also not a fan of the 3D incarnations.

Moon Rabbits
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Castlevania is hardcore hit and miss. the 2d ones are usually better. i remember i played a ps2 one that really fucking sucked that i bought (B/c of fond memories of CV on the SNES), played for about an hour or two, then never touched ever again.