PDA

View Full Version : My Ivalice Circle Isn't Complete

oddler
03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
I need to play Vagrant Story through to the end, especially now that I've finished other Ivalice games like FF T and FF XII. I remember this game being so banging but I never got to get all the way through because it wasn't mine. I'd borrowed it off my cousin who WANTED IT BACK. WHY WOULD HE DO THAT? I WANTED TO PLAY IT. STUPID.

So like, what's the easiest way to find a game as old as this? Not too big on the idea of having to EBay or whatever online but it looks like I may have to do so. I've looked around in some gaming stores around here but hardly any have a Playstation section anymore. xD

If you don't feel like helping me, then just talk about your thoughts/experiences with the game and watch as I weep with jealousy. :cry:

Mercen-X
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I remember finally beating this Poltergeist-thing that reminded me of the "Nimrod" Sentinel from X-Men. Or it might've been the boss right after that. All I know is that I haven't played since... I haven't been able to find the game anywhere. I should've bought it when I had the chance.

Marshall Banana
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Necronopticous bought this for me last month, so you should ask him!

It's a fun game, but kind of confusing. Jeremy explained weapon affinities/classes to me, so I didn't make the mistake of using one weapon to kill every monster. I can't imagine how frustrating the game would be for someone who didn't know from the beginning.

I've yet to finish it. I dropped it to play FFVII for now!

VeloZer0
03-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I could send you my copy, I have no intentions of ever playing it again. And if I did I would just emulate it.

I really loved the story and setting of the game, but found the game play to be just a huge drag. If only there was a god mode cheat so I could ave just blown through to see the ending :)
In retrospect I should probably just consult YouTube.

Wolf Kanno
03-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Playstation Store would be the easiest assuming you had a PS3 otherwise I would try sites that may have old title but isn't run by people in the knowing.

I felt it was an awesome game, almost an RPG version of Metal Gear set in Ivalice. I loved combat and Ashley and Sydney are some of the best protagonist/antagonist in any JRPG. Still waiting for that sequel but with Matsuno no longer at SE, I can't say how I would feel about a sequel without him.

I'm still hoping one of the FFT titles will have Riskbreaker as a job class. :cool:

Elly
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
i baught this game when it first came out, i remember the commercials for it, and i clearly remember them advertising it as the first in the "Risk Breaker" saga, it would have been nice if they continued it with a sequal or two...

oddler
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
I've yet to finish it. I dropped it to play FFVII for now!

Understandable. :cool:

I could send you my copy, I have no intentions of ever playing it again.

Holy crap, PM me and we'll talk. :choc2:

I haven't been able to find the game anywhere. I should've bought it when I had the chance.

I know what you mean!

Playstation Store would be the easiest assuming you had a PS3 otherwise I would try sites that may have old title but isn't run by people in the knowing.

Nope, no PS3 for me.