PDA

View Full Version : Flower~

smittenkitten
03-22-2010, 10:26 AM
http://thatgamecompany.com/wp-content/themes/thatgamecompany/_include/img/flower/flower-game-screenshot-1.jpg

What does Eoff think of Flower?

How awesome is this game, it's the first game I have bought on the PS3 and I love it. The music and the graphics is outstanding and I like how you tilt the controller to control the wind, you get so into the game. :mogumogu:

Yeargdribble
03-23-2010, 05:05 AM
It seems like every time someone discovers this masterpiece they post a new thread and I'm so okay with that. I wish everyone would go play flower. It's such a triumph to me. I have a huge thing for it and it makes me smile every time someone new finds it so exciting they have to post a thread about it.

Flying Arrow
03-23-2010, 03:47 PM
^ I was probably the previous person to do that.

But anyway, this game rules.

smittenkitten
03-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Lawl well I looked for a flower thread but I am obviously blind... oh well spread the lurve for Flower! :heart:

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2010, 11:21 PM
It seems neat. I'm really sad I can't play it :(

How's the soundtrack?

smittenkitten
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM

How's the soundtrack?

It really pretty you kinda make the music too every time you collect a petal it plays an instrument, ^^

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 02:21 PM

How's the soundtrack?

It really pretty you kinda make the music too every time you collect a petal it plays an instrument, ^^

Oh wow that's pretty awesome! I wanna plaaaaaaay ;_;! I probably won't get around to buying a PS3 until the next generation comes out :|

Dignified Pauper
03-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I love flower. I love being the wind and turning the landscapes into beautiful serene and artistic scenes.

Chloe.
03-24-2010, 10:07 PM
I saw this on PSN and thought about buying it, sounds like a lot of people like it. Can anyone tell me what you actually do on it? Something to do with flowers I'm guessing. :p

smittenkitten
03-24-2010, 11:16 PM

How's the soundtrack?

Oh wow that's pretty awesome! I wanna plaaaaaaay ;_;! I probably won't get around to buying a PS3 until the next generation comes out :|

Come to ours in August and you can play it! ^^

I saw this on PSN and thought about buying it, sounds like a lot of people like it. Can anyone tell me what you actually do on it? Something to do with flowers I'm guessing. :p

Basically... you start off with one petal and you move your PS3 control pad in the direction you want to move and to go faster you zoom out using the analog stick. It gets so addictive and you must collect petals from all the pretty flowers. You get lots of different types of flowers and it's like a story... well kind of in a weird artistic way! :jess:

VIDEO SPOLIER YOU LOOK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Here is a video of gameplay if you want to see exactly what it is like.

TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34QqGDAW06U)
IN GAME VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FRKGU9Zu_o)

Chloe.
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the info :) It sounds and looks pretty awesome, I might just have to buy it. ;p

Breine
03-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Always thought it looked kinda lame, to be honest. But now that everyone's praising it like there's no tomorrow, I'm suddenly interested in trying it.

Is it really that good?

Pheesh
03-25-2010, 06:52 AM
I'm kinda with Breine. It doesn't so much look lame, but isn't it the kind of game that you'd get bored of pretty quickly?

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-25-2010, 07:24 AM
One of the Trophies is for not playing it for two weeks, or something like that. :p

The gameplay only lasts about 2-3 hours as far as I recall and that is not attempting to get all the Trophies. It is quite the beautiful sensory experience and fun in its own way. :D

Yeargdribble
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
It's nothing action packed, but I think it's worth it for what it is. If you take your time you might be able to pull 3-6 hours out of it. Maybe 10 if you were trying for all of the trophies.

It's very relaxing. There's something really enjoyable about playing it. It's all Sixaxis controlled and it's incredibly responsive and intuitive (which most Sixaxis things aren't really). The way the camera moves and the way the petal reacts to your input draws you in quite a bit.

I just think it's something incredibly unique that everyone should experience. If they ever made DLC for it I would be first in line. I beat it long ago with all trophies and still go back to it on occasion just for a little chilling out.