PDA

View Full Version : Down with Lactose

Xaven
03-22-2010, 11:22 AM
What are your favorite lactose-free alternative food items? I'm head over heels for soymilk! It's pretty much the staple of my daily diet! Cow's milk tastes so icky and makes your breath smell oh-so sicky!

My sister is a heavy proponent of hemp milk and soy cheese. Hemp milk is fine I suppose, but soy gets the job done just as well and cheaper from my experience. As for the cheese, I'm sure I'd love it if I ever got the chance to try it. I'm gonna have to steal some from her next time we meet.

Recommend some great products, everyone!

Slothy
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Ugh, I'd rather vomit than drink soy milk, and whole milk is awesome no matter what anyone thinks.

That said, it shouldn't really matter seeing as how with the proper diet you don't even need milk or other dairy or any substitutes.

Freya
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Ew. Milk milk is just fine for me xP

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty sure there is no lactose in a fishburger, but I'm not sure it'll help your breath.

Shlup
03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I tried to love soy milk but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the day. I've tried several kinds. I do like a lot of other soy things though, like tofu and soy chorizo.

I'm not lactose intolerant though, so I stick with regular milk and ice cream and stuff.