PDA

View Full Version : Dollet

Xaven
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
On my latest runthrough (card quest run, incomplete as of yet) I visited Dollet for the first time ever after of the SeeD test! I was surprised that this place actually existed, having played through the game four times prior to this and being completely unaware that it was still there.

Have YOU ever been to Dollet? I'm proud to say that I have! Boy are their card rules funky. Took a while to get rid of them. -__-

Merk
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Dollet is an enjoyable town after the seed test. It was actually one of the first things I did after the Timber section, I ran up the train tracks to check out how Dollet looked. The only thing I don't like is that later In the game when you land the ragnarok on that plateau next to dollet, you can't enter from that satellite.

Xaven
03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
By entering via the satellite, I'm sure you also mean entering the town in the satellite area instead of the front gate. Well that would require creating an entrance/exit spot! Too much work for not enough people-know-it's-there. xD

Rantz
03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I go there every time before I go to Galbadia Garden! Typically visit a few more times afterwards too.

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Once, wasn't much to do though.

Xaven
03-23-2010, 05:07 AM
There's a LOT to do if you're doing a perfect card run, I've learned! xD

Mo-Nercy
03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah, you need to go to Dollet to get the Siren card. It's also the key location involved in the Card Queen Quest.

There's also not one, but two Timber Maniac magazines to be found, as well as a humourous little demonstration of the Galbadian Army's ineptitude if you get past the soldier guarding the entrance to the Communications Tower.

And @ Merk, there's nothing in the Communcations Tower anyway except a Blind draw point (I think). The only monsters to fight are Anacondours and Geezards, which can be easily encountered in a lot of other places. So I guess Square didn't see much point in giving us access back into it.

Oh, and the music in Dollet is nice.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
There's a LOT to do if you're doing a perfect card run, I've learned! xD

I'd be found dead with a banana up my bum before I waste time on that. I dislike that game and it's random rule with a vengeance.

cloud21zidane16
03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I always go to Dollet straight from Timber to collect cards, Timber Maniacs and theres the mini sidequest involving the painting:)Quite and enjoyable town.

Breine
03-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Yeah, you need to go to Dollet to get the Siren card. It's also the key location involved in the Card Queen Quest.

Yup! - the card rules there suck, though.

Also, it's just a nice town to walk around in.

Lawr
03-24-2010, 04:04 AM
I go there every time before I go to Galbadia Garden! Typically visit a few more times afterwards too.

For...sight-seeing? Do you go to the beach because it reminds you of your long lost brother or something?

I'd seen someone go to Dollet after the mission but I didn't see a point in going so I never have after when I needed to.

Jiro
03-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Dollet was one of my favourite cities in the entire game. I'm... not really sure why. I do love the kids playing hide and seek though.

Xaven
03-24-2010, 04:30 AM
Hey, hey, hey~ Siren's card is plenty good!

But, yeah, I don't see a real reason to return after finishing the card and magazine collecting business.

Rantz
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM

For...sight-seeing? Do you go to the beach because it reminds you of your long lost brother or something?

I'd seen someone go to Dollet after the mission but I didn't see a point in going so I never have after when I needed to.

Apart from the brother thing there's also a few sidequests, like the Card Queen sidequest and the thing with the dog and getting the two Timber Maniacs in the hotel and the pub, and you can get the Siren card and some stuff from the pub owner.

And also there's a guy in drag at the pub and a sort of amusing scene if you go back towards the communication tower.

Lawr
03-25-2010, 02:33 AM

Apart from the brother thing there's also a few sidequests, like the Card Queen sidequest and the thing with the dog and getting the two Timber Maniacs in the hotel and the pub, and you can get the Siren card and some stuff from the pub owner.

And also there's a guy in drag at the pub and a sort of amusing scene if you go back towards the communication tower.

Oh man sidequests! Just kidding Rantzien kid you're alright you're alright.

BG-57
04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Dollet is the place that I'd most like to live in any FF game. It has a nice European small town ambiance to it.

Getting all the Triple Triad cards were essential to me, so I spent time here.