PDA

View Full Version : Bars

Xaven
03-22-2010, 12:53 PM
On a typical run of the game, do you pay any attention to side quest things involving rumors and jobs at the pubs? I payed casual passing attention to them the first time, did only the quests necessary for major side quests (like Cloud) the second time, and my third time I didn't do a thing! I suppose I just don't find them all that interesting, but I suspect my tastes aren't unique. How often do you ventures into bars?

Jiro
03-24-2010, 05:38 AM
I always try to do every mission. In TA and TA2 I use both save slots in case I fail a mission or miss one.

Kyros
03-25-2010, 03:02 AM
I do them b/c you get more money, jp, and characters.

Shotgunnova
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Skip 'em entirely. They offer nothing substantial and, unless two cities are right next to each other (like Goug/Warjilis during Chapter 2), the random battles end up as a huge nuisance. Just seems like a poorly-thought-out addition to the main story.

Nevermore
11-09-2010, 03:09 AM
I do them mostly for the artifacts and wonders, to see what other FF references I can catch. Money can be a pretty good incentive at times, near the beginning anyways.

VeloZer0
11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
I did them half-assed my first playthrough, 100% completion on my second and have never bothered since.

Roto13
11-10-2010, 04:07 AM
I would if there weren't any fucking random battles. Augh.
I always try to do every mission. In TA and TA2 I use both save slots in case I fail a mission or miss one.

If you fail a mission, you just have to wait for it to come up again in the pub. I've done all 300 missions in TA2 twice. :P And I think also in TA.

Skyblade
11-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Anyone who ignores the side quests is missing out on way too much content. Especially in TA2. More than 90% of that game's content is sidequests (the majority of which are beautifully written).

Del Murder
11-13-2010, 01:30 AM
In TA and TA2 the side missions are like over half the game, so you are not getting your money's worth if you don't do those!

In Tactics, I always do the pub missions because it's easy JP for the non-story characters. It allows me to level up jobs that suck in battle but have useful abilities, the most notable being Calculator.

Roto13
11-13-2010, 03:15 AM
In TA and TA2 the side missions are like over half the game, so you are not getting your money's worth if you don't do those!

That's an understatement. :P In TA2, there are 300 documented missions as well as about 100 more (monster encounters, brightmoon tor, Adelle's sidequests, etc.) that don't show up in your quest report. 20 of those are storyline missions. :P

Del Murder
11-13-2010, 07:50 AM
I covered my ass by saying 'like' over half :p.

Fate Fatale
11-22-2010, 09:20 AM
In the original Tactics, I feel like they were slightly useless. I rarely, if ever did them. The only good ones were the ones to get Cloud and Reis anyway. I think that the story was more than enough to hold my interest though. Sidequests = slightly unneeded in Tactics.