PDA

View Full Version : Ride those Chocobos, baby!

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
I mean seriously, how many of you actually bothered with the chocobo treasure hunting unless you actually had to.

I can't be the only who thought that was like blitzball in FFX.

But theoretically, for those who have bothered, what did you gain from the experience?

Rantz
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Fun! Great rewards! Superb music! Treasure hunting! YOU'RE RIDING A MOTHERFLIPPING GIANT CHICKEN LOOKING FOR TREASURE

I play it every time. :D Sometimes I open up an old save file just to play some gorram Hot&Cold.

Flying Mullet
03-22-2010, 04:18 PM
I found Chocobo Hot and Cold much more enjoyable than Blitzball. One of the things that kept me going was the fact that the points I won could be exchanged for items and equipment. Add in the fact that Chocobo Hot and Cold yields a lot more loot than Blitzball, and it was a no-brainer for me.

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
But you do realize that if you spend the exact same time leveling up as you do doing that game, it'd most likely help you more, right?

Marshall Banana
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
It's one of the funnest Final Fantasy side quests. It's not as rewarding as Triple Triad, but it's cuter.

Tobi likes it, too! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK3tz3zxgrs)

Flying Mullet
03-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Tobi likes it, too! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK3tz3zxgrs)
:love:

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Your animals are disturbed. Adorable, but clearly disturbed. xD

Hot and Cold is a fun side quest. That, on it's own, is reason enough to play it. It's also the only way to get some of the best stuff in the game. There's a second reason. Either way, it's entirely optional so it seems meaningless to moan about it.

Also: Fat Chocobo.

Freya
03-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Chocobo hot and cold was the best evar! You just have no taste AK :colbert:

charliepanayi
03-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Fun! Great rewards! Superb music! Treasure hunting! YOU'RE RIDING A MOTHERFLIPPING GIANT CHICKEN LOOKING FOR TREASURE

Seconded. My favourite sidequest/mini-game in any FF game by a mile. Digging up chocographs is always great.

Breine
03-22-2010, 09:25 PM

I play it every time. :D Sometimes I open up an old save file just to play some gorram Hot&Cold.

This!

I mostly did it for the items, though, since there are some really good ones to be found. Also, it's a pretty enjoyable mini-game if you want to kill some time.

Depression Moon
03-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I think you'll be surprised AK most people here loved that sidequest as so do I. The only thing that bugs me is that it'll be impossible for me to get that ultimate item for getting top score in that game. I think it's a robe, all I know is that playing Hot & Cold is the only way that you'll get it.

charliepanayi
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
I think you'll be surprised AK most people here loved that sidequest as so do I. The only thing that bugs me is that it'll be impossible for me to get that ultimate item for getting top score in that game. I think it's a robe, all I know is that playing Hot & Cold is the only way that you'll get it.

You mean Robe of Lords, the item that you can buy with 10,000 Chocograph points?

Depression Moon
03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Is that the top prize? Then yes if so.

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
So I am the only one. :(

*sniff*

Rantz
03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
I get one or two Robe of Lords from Hot & Cold in most playthroughs! xD You can also steal one from Ozma and one from Quale. I think there is some other way to get one, too.

Goldenboko
03-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Chocobo Hot and Cold was sex and win. Get out.

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Nobody cares what you masturbate to, Boko.

Freya
03-23-2010, 12:01 AM
i don't think I ever go the Robe what's so special about it?

Raistlin
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Chocobo Hot and Cold is way superior to Blitzball.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Everything's superior to blitzball. It was just an example of a useless side-part of a game.

leader of mortals
03-23-2010, 02:18 AM
I loved Chocobo Hot and Cold, and I didn't think anyone hated it. I guess I'm wrong.

Jiro
03-24-2010, 05:43 AM
Chocobo Hot and Cold got really annoying at some points, bu that was mostly because I just really wanted to advance the story (but also really wanted to max out my found chocographs for that point). Other than that, I loved it:D

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Chocobo hot and cold is delightful.

Kyros
03-31-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't get how anyone could ever have a problem with chocobo hot and cold. Through it you could get AWESOME gear while playing through the story. I had a robe of lords by disc 3 which was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! You get tons of accessories/ore, armor, Zidane's ultimate weapon, and access to mr easy kill Ozma through it. It's not complicated and requires little effort to do too so what's wrong with it?

*Laurelindo*
04-04-2010, 12:46 AM
But you do realize that if you spend the exact same time leveling up as you do doing that game, it'd most likely help you more, right?No, because you don't get stuff like the Ragnarok from fighting battles. :p

That's what I specifically love about Chocobo Hot & Cold - the kick when you dig up something extra useful.

Quindiana Jones
04-04-2010, 10:59 AM
The Robe of Lords can be stolen from Ozma, Quale and Hades. Hades can also synth it from a White Robe and a Black Robe. You also get it for delivering 12 Stellazio to Stella. It teaches Reflect-Null and Concentrate and gives you 100% immunity against Wind.