PDA

View Full Version : Makin' games makin' money

Jiro
03-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Imagine you have a crack team at your disposal. Imagine you have all the funding in the world. Imagine you have thousands of nerdy fans squealing your name while adjusting their glasses. This, my friends, this is your destiny.

What genre of game would you most like to create?

Slothy
03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I like this topic.

Turn based strategy, but only because I'm actually designing a turn based strategy game already.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Uhh... Probably MMO. A super cute and sexy MMO with strawberries.

And Disney Rock Band.

VeloZer0
03-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Strategy RPG. I love some SRPGs to pieces, but the bulk of the games are a *meh* to me. Taking a crack at the genre to make something truly amazing would be awesome.

Rantz
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
A role-playing game of the Baldur's Gate flavour, I think.

bipper
03-23-2010, 06:54 PM
MMO

Vermachtnis
03-23-2010, 07:12 PM
An RPG, but your team of six would set on a 5x3 grid. You can attack the enemies anywhere on the grid, but some weapons would do more damage. And there will be a few of campaign missions that'll play out like a traditional tactical RPG. Also there will be private actions type of thing that will net the team some combination attacks and effect how they feel about each other. And it'll be hard, as in your first MegaTen game hard.

And then for the final battle you got into Outer Space to beat the Eldrich Abomination at a game of Golf! Just kidding, but if it's my game, I'll put a golf minigame in there.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
I think I would love to create a shooter game with a good backstory. Like Halo, but a little more story, as it were. Something like Mass Effect. It would combine the story effects of having a whole world (or universe) planned out, with every place having its own backstory, and then creating a quest inside that world. It makes for the best books, so why not a game?

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 12:30 AM
This is a tough one because I'm a fan of a lot of things.

Probably something similar to Harvest Moon, only more to it than the normal "plant, water, harvest" type stuff. There would be special equipment besides the hoe, axe, scythe, etc, but you would have to do certain things to get them.

Sounds a lot lamer on paper :p

Another option is making an RPG, something similar to Morrowind and Oblivion because I love more involved games like that. It makes you think more.

Freya
03-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Maybe an RPG. I like the whole bioware good evil thing so i'd probably add that in there. And make it have epic monsters, like giant guys like in shadow of the colossus.

Jiro
03-24-2010, 04:02 AM
I would love to make a fighter. I don't play them that often, but I would love to try and find a way to open the genre up to people like me who aren't initially captured by the idea. And designing characters would be damn awesome.

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 04:07 AM
A good FPS would probably net me the most money and acclaim, but I'd probably want to make an RPG. Maybe something with a similar battle type to Kingdom Hearts.

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 04:59 AM
I always imagined that a Pokemon MMO would be the best thing ever. Trainers could battle with each other randomly, imagine playing Pokemon Red, but all the random trainers where real people! I think it would be awesome.

VeloZer0
03-24-2010, 05:14 AM
That does actually sound really cool.

Freya
03-24-2010, 05:19 AM
I would play your pokemon game Gobo. I always wanted to run into actual people when I was playing the original pokemon's.

Lawr
03-24-2010, 05:20 AM
I'd take the entrepreneur route and make an MMO! Having money means I get to make more games, and all those loyal fans means I can milk those games I created with that MMO money!