PDA

View Full Version : Berserkers!

Xaven
03-22-2010, 01:47 PM
How often do you use berserkers in the game? They're useful when you want to turn your brain off for a bit and gain some EXP, but what about strategic use? Or, are they really just the antithesis of strategy? xD

I imagine Loki and the rest of the furry fandom use them quite often, but their reasons (sexy wolf Bartz and saucy Reina tiger x'D) are not so relevent.

VeloZer0
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
I think the costumes look stupid, so no. :D
Personally I like a lot of strategy in my games, so I tend to avoid them. I'm sure someone could make use of them just fine though.

Wolf Kanno
03-23-2010, 12:35 AM
They are mostly useful early in the game when you start winning the Death Scythes off the enemies by the first airship dock. With these weapons, you can instantly kill the stupid Metal Squirrels and get a crap load of APB for the early parts of the game.

There is a bit of strategy with them cause several of their weapons do special effects and so they can end up working into some nasty parties once you get the right equipment set up. They are a very underrated job class imo. :colbert:

Vermachtnis
03-23-2010, 12:52 AM
I learned the hard way, not to take them into the fight with Gogo. Differently not my brightest move. The Earth Hammer was fun, it randomly used Quake.

rubah
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
the most famous use of berserkers, in my mind, is when jason (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/Relena%20Peacecraft.html) used them to macro his way to level 90+ in order to chart the exponential EXP required to gain levels. (it is exponential, btw)

They're alright, especially in early game when you get some poison axes :D

bipper
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Historically, weren't berserkers just warriors who went into battle Bare skinned, or wearing a single pelt on their head. They would strike at night and cause large amounts of chaos. I really think games screw with this.

i.e. we need naked sprites.

VeloZer0
03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
i.e. we need naked sprites.
They were probably naked in the Japanese version.