PDA

View Full Version : The glory of cheese!

some fat guy with cheese
03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
What else would you expect from me? I am here to discuss the glories of cheese with you today. Cheese is the food of the gods. It goes good on everything and can be applied to every course of every meal, from cheesesticks to cheesecake.

Please discuss your favorite cheese-themed dishes here and maybe I'll even learn about a new dish or two to enjoy! :D

Pheesh
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Fondue!! Zomg!! So delicious. There's a recipe for a 4 cheeses fondue in my family that is just godly.

Also, cheese soufflé is pretty yummy.

But let's be honest, apart from the havoc it wreaks on your digestive and bowel systems, cheese is definitely the food of the gods.

Flying Mullet
03-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I just had cheesecake for dessert last night, and it was scrumdiddilyumpcious.

Mozzarella sticks are awesome, as is plain mozzarella topped with basil and drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Freya
03-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Cheese is omg amazing. I put cheese on so much of my foods.

bipper
03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
I am from Wisconsin.

I make a dish we call "Bipper Chicken". It is like a chicken Alfredo, only the Alfredo is Havarti cheese based and baked in the middle of a chicken breast cooked in olive oil. The dish is then flamed or grilled slightly. The outside of the thing is wrapped in two slices of bacon and topped with cheddar Cheese. As it starts melting you place on a small bed of alfredo noodles.

Prior to eating you slit your throat, because :bou::bou::bou::bou: is that good.

Flying Mullet
03-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Wow, that does sound good. :)

Shlup
03-23-2010, 12:42 AM
UNF! I could go on forever about cheese. Cheese cake is among the best desserts, cheese can top any meal, cheese is a great snack, cheese is... cheeeeeeese.

Love it. All kinds.

Raistlin
03-23-2010, 01:48 AM
I like cheese, but I don't like cheesecake.

Clouded Sky
03-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Cheese is delicious.

I'm not sure what it was called, but it was like a thin crepe-y pancake with red bean paste and cheese and it was the best desert ever. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, let me know, because I want to make it!

rubah
03-23-2010, 04:53 AM
I have some brie I need to eat <3

and I would probably ummmm do terrible things to get some more Comté.

oddler
03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Cheese should have its own food group. Split it from Dairy. Or just knock Fruit out and replace it with Cheese. Cheese should also be a part of the nutritional daily values chart on the packages for foods. I, personally, would like to know how much cheese a given item has in it so I can base my purchases around buying ones with a higher concentration of cheese. :)

Flying Mullet
03-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Cheese should also be a part of the nutritional daily values chart on the packages for foods. I, personally, would like to know how much cheese a given item has in it so I can base my purchases around buying ones with a higher concentration of cheese. :)
Agreed.

Meat Puppet
03-23-2010, 02:08 PM
What else would you expect from me?
I interpreted your name to imply chronic masturbation.

Breine
03-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I love all kinds of cheese!

Cheese and chocolate are like lovers to me.

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 11:42 PM
I LOVE cheese. Though i really haven't had that many different kinds just yet, I can say that Mozzarella is my favorite ever. Provolone and Swiss are also pretty amazing, and Brie is pretty good, but I've only had it twice that I can remember.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I really like the cheese Port Salut. It's an old cheese, not quite Brie, not quite normal cheese, and you put it on crackers. It's basically a Brie cheese that tastes delicious, without having to look at mold!

Xaven
03-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Why has no one mentioned pepper jack? Or any kind of jack! All jack cheeses are wholly superior~!

You guys~!

Freya
03-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Oh yeah type, I love havarti cheese! But down in oklahoma they don't have it in the stores and it frustrates me. It's so tasty and I have ot get it when I visit wyoming. :(

Zeldy
03-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Coloured mild cheddar or gtfo.

Imperfectionist
03-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Oh man cheese is so good :D I can't eat pasta or spagetti without loading on like half a block of grated cheese.

Also, cheese and bacon NOMNOMNOMNOM :drool:

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 12:37 AM
I love ordering white queso (why isn't it ever queso blanca?) with chips at a Mexican restaurant. I used to get these shrimp quesadillas at a nearby Mexican place, but there is too much queso so I can't ever eat more than a couple of pieces or so.

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Another cheese worth mentioning is something called Nail cheese, translated from dutch. It's pretty old cheese where basically nails made from spice were hammered into it. The taste of those spices then get inside the cheese, pretty awesome as a snack.

Lawr
03-24-2010, 01:46 AM
I heard white people love cheese...The prophets were right.
Look at you with your vinegar and spice nails!

On a less serious note; I really like cheesecake and also that queso dip you use for tortillas, but not too much. I get sick of cheese really quickly.

Fried chicken, however. :)

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Favorite... cheese... item...? *does hard thinking*

Macaroni and Cheese (http://www.macaroni-and-cheese.net/wp-content/uploads/macaroni-and-cheese.jpg) or Nachos (http://thehostess.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/ca_bc_nachos.jpg) probably takes the cake for my favorite cheese centered dish. However Provolone is the best sliced cheese!

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm going to make a confession now and none of you will believe me...

..I've never had cheesecake.

Cuchulainn
03-24-2010, 02:03 AM
When I visited America that's all I ever seen in your food. Cheese with everything. Not even refined or quality cheese, no, it was that disgusting & bland 'STANDARD PROCESSED YELLOW :bou::bou::bou::bou:'.

What's up with that?

take away cheese & ketchup for American's and they may lose weight.

We have a swear filter because we don't want people using those words. Going around the filter gets you a warning. ~ShlupQuack

Momiji
03-24-2010, 02:06 AM
I love cheese. It's one of my favorite foods. It can make a normally unappetizing entrée appealing.

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 02:07 AM
When I visited America that's all I ever seen in your food. Cheese with everything. Not even refined or quality cheese, no, it was that disgusting & bland 'STANDARD PROCESSED YELLOW :bou::bou::bou::bou:'.

What's up with that?

take away cheese & ketchup for American's and they may lose weight.

"American Cheese" is convenient for things like cheeseburgers, which really don't deserve a great cheese on it, but other than things like that I would never pick "American Cheese", not when there are so many options like Provolone or Cheddar.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 03:01 AM
The cheese I use in my sandwiches really depends on the meat and how many vegetables are in there. If it's pretty much a salad I use swiss, anything else I like provolone! Sometimes pepperjack, but I don't really like spicy foods ;_;

Agent Proto
03-24-2010, 03:35 AM
I'm sad that I can't enjoy cheese as much as I want to. :( It's on the list of foods to avoid since I have kidney failure and currently on a renal diet. Though I tend to ignore the diet and have some cheese, but I have to watch how much cheese I have since it's supposedly bad for me. :/

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 03:41 AM
I'm sad that I can't enjoy cheese as much as I want to. :( It's on the list of foods to avoid since I have kidney failure and currently on a renal diet. Though I tend to ignore the diet and have some cheese, but I have to watch how much cheese I have since it's supposedly bad for me. :/

That sucks :(! Obviously I can't totally relate to having Kidney failure, but I can at least sorta share your cheese related woes as I'm pretty lactose intolerant and I'm really not suppose to eat much cheese either, I do anyway because cheese is worth bad gas, but that wasn't the original point of my post! :(

Agent Proto
03-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Well, I can enjoy provolone cheese as much as I want. It's safe for me. :D

Momiji
03-24-2010, 03:47 AM
What makes provolone different from the other cheeses? Does it not have something the other kinds do?

Jiro
03-24-2010, 03:48 AM
I've always been quite the fan of cheesecake. It's by far my favourite cake type food.

I also love cheese on vegemite sandwiches. If you haven't done this, then you are missing out!

Laddy
03-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Ew. Vegimite.

Meat Puppet
03-25-2010, 08:17 AM
a cheesecake is neither a cake nor a tack

Rodarian
03-25-2010, 02:46 PM
I love extra cheese on my pizzaa.. Yummy... Plus lasagna or Spaghetti and meatballs of chicken Caesar salad with cheese.. Ooooh the goodness of it all....

Parker
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
I didn't like cheese for a long time, but recently it's grown on me. I didn't have pizza until i was like 20 years old. I missed out!

The idea of cheese soup still repulses me though.