PDA

View Full Version : How much do you quest?

some fat guy with cheese
03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Especially in the lower levels, how many quests do you do? With the option to take those "quests" from the books to defeat so many monsters for bonus experience, it seems like the lower-level quests are now a waste of time and only hinder you from advancing your character to a high enough level that you can start to party effeciently and enjoy the game more.

Is there anyone here that has had characters in the lower-levels recently and has spent time, for example, with the Onion Brigade?

Del Murder
03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I did SOB when I first started the game but that was a while ago. I did a lot of the Windurst quests actually, though most of them were dumb.

Ouch!
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
I do quests only as I need the rewards for said quests. I used to do quests to build fame, but these days that's a moot point.

oddler
03-23-2010, 12:00 PM
I have a binder full of pages for quests across all nations that I worked on while I was still playing. I actually made it a point to go through and try to complete as many as possible. Fame was never an issue, that's for sure. :monster:

Yeargdribble
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
I ended up doing something similar to oddler. The problem is that the game gives pretty much no reward overall for questing most of the time. However, I think this made my questing more intrinsically motivated. Ultimately I did it for the story and that was great. But honestly, aside from that (and the odd item here or there that specifically useful) questing is useless, especially at low levels and especially for level.

Even before Fields of Valor the quests were pointless. You gained no XP and were more likely to lose it attempting a quest. Surprisingly few quests in the game are friendly to people under level 10 and many of them seems safe until you accidentally pop an NM 10 levels higher than you with no warning.

KentaRawr!
06-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Earlier on in the game, I really didn't care about leveling. It was all about making the quest list fill up.