PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad!!

Rodarian
03-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Have you ever tried to play this game in real life, more so, what game it based off of?

To be honest I never really played as a side quest... My brother did though and he was pretty much a king at it!

oddler
03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I can't say that I did that with Triple Triad because I pretty much hated VIII. xD

But I did actually recreate the card game from "Tales of Destiny 2" called Whis. Laminated the cards and everything; that junk was hot. :choc2:

Kyros
03-24-2010, 06:15 AM
I loved triple triad and spent way too much time playing it. I pretty much got all the cards in the game, and loved using the same/plus rules with diff or all trade rules to get them all really fast and easy ^_^

Xaven
03-24-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm halfway through a complete card run at the moment, and I like the game much more than I ever did! :D

But. Playing it in real life would be a completely different story. o_o Who would you play with? Another FFVIII fan I suppose. I wonder how cards would be distributed. It just doesn't seem like a very fun game to play in person, to be honest! I know there are those online versions, so I dunno if you're referring to those. If so, yes I have played online. A whole two battles about 5 years ago. xD Can't say it was terribly interesting.

I loved triple triad and spent way too much time playing it. I pretty much got all the cards in the game, and loved using the same/plus rules with diff or all trade rules to get them all really fast and easy ^_^
Yeah, some of the rules are really fun to play with. However some (RANDOM. >:OOO) are demons sent straight from hell to steal all your beautiful unique cards! ;__; I think I like the Plus rule the best! It's so malleable!

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Playing Triple Triad in real life wouldn't be fun for me, because I wouldn't be able to mod the cards I'd win into items! That's the whole point of the game for me.

Kyros
03-25-2010, 02:54 AM
I worked around the random rule by turning all of my cards into items except the ones with A ranks. I would have 4-5 character cards pretty much every time this way.

Aerith's Knight
03-26-2010, 02:55 AM
I was a in a secret club that played triple triad in real life.

But I was kicked, beaten and left for dead when I proclaimed that I only play the random or direct rule.

I didn't report it in, because it was justified.

docta fizz
03-26-2010, 07:34 AM
I actaully Love tt, I used to play it online and was pretty beastly at it, but if you didn't go into the chat room I can see why it doesn't have much appeal. The strategy is imense. A good thinking game. Same and plus are awesome rules, the real kicker is a "random/closed" game those are the ones that will beat your face in.

Mo-Nercy
03-28-2010, 02:59 PM
I used to play it online. (http://www.ttadvance.ca/)
The guys behind this site created decks for all Final Fantasy games so there were a lot more cards to work with. It really gave me an appreciation of rules like Same, Plus and Random. Some people had some hardcore strategies worked out and would get you to play into their hands and then throw down something like Iron Giant (6,5,6,5) to flip everything.

docta fizz
03-29-2010, 04:12 AM
I challenge you to a duel! Ok so It's a little weird to challenge someone else to a triple triad duel online, and I may have a huge advantage in number of cards.... but i think it could still be fun.

I'll let you pick the rulesets and the cards, I think this could be great fun :D

rubah
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
In high school, I printed out all the cards and the board, and played with one of my fellow nerds.

We just did Random since obviously otherwise we'd just pick the character/GF cards, and we didn't do Plus+Same+etc. I figured you could sprinkle sequins on the board to do the elemental stuff. I had to write all the stats on the backs of the cards because it only printed on one side, so you had to see it when they flipped.

It was pretty fun :D I kept that set around in college although I never found anyone to play with again

Eaglegun
03-30-2010, 02:52 AM
I made a set of about 30 cards in high school, and played with some friends who thought it was fun. Most of then never played ff8.