PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS

Rodarian
03-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I hated them!!

Honestly I found them so much of a nuance.....The ones I hated the most is the Emerald Weapon and Other One that Floats in the Air. They are always wiping my guys out when I barely even touched them!! How can I kill them... Can you tell me if I've been missing something..

Grrr it makes me soooo mad....:mad2:

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Actually, I thought they weren't too bad. If you levelled enough, that is.

seiferalmasy2
03-22-2010, 09:02 PM
They appear hard at first but they should have actually been twice as hard

Mercen-X
03-28-2010, 06:39 AM
I've never beaten Ruby and/or Emerald. However, Ultima is a fairly easy one in comparison. I'd rather face him ten more times.

Karifean
03-28-2010, 01:53 PM
They appear hard at first but they should have actually been twice as hard

I completely agree. KotR + Mime combo and you don't even closely need Underwater materia.

MJN SEIFER
03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Ultima(te?) Weapon* is pretty easy and somewhat fun to fight if you did it propperly (i.e, not using KoTR or a Megalixer) you could chase him around the World Map.

*I can never remember the correct spelling.

Mercen-X
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Japanese "Ultimate" (or however their Kanji allows), English "Ultima"; Personally, I like Ultima. Ultimate just doesn't sound creatury enough.
Anyone ever find it funny in Digimon when a creature called "Ultimate" could be surpassed by something called "Mega"? I personally never thought that made much sense. "Omega" works though.

MJN SEIFER
03-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Japanese "Ultimate" (or however their Kanji allows), English "Ultima"; Personally, I like Ultima. Ultimate just doesn't sound creatury enough.
Anyone ever find it funny in Digimon when a creature called "Ultimate" could be surpassed by something called "Mega"? I personally never thought that made much sense. "Omega" works though.

Thanks.

I noticed that too, I never thought it made sense either, though it could have been a translation thing - have to check on that. Thanks for making me think of one of my favorite shows there.:cool:

Sephiroth
03-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Japanese "Ultimate" (or however their Kanji allows)

Actually, no.

"Ultima WEAPON" is "Ultima WEAPON" in japanese. Or Arutema like we all know (you remember "A(ru)t(e)ma Weapon"?). And Diamond WEAPON is called "Diamo WEAPON" in japanese.

In Digimon there is an "Ultimate" level? In the german version the level before "Mega" is "Ultra". Like with the the Sayans. Super Sayan, Ultra Sayan, Mega Sayan.

MJN SEIFER
03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
In Digimon there is an "Ultimate" level? In the german version the level before "Mega" is "Ultra". Like with the the Sayans. Super Sayan, Ultra Sayan, Mega Sayan.

Yes, it is the "Ultimate" level in the translastion I have got.

This is may put us of topic, but you have intrieged me about the Sayans. In the US/UK translation the Sayans where just translated as "Super Sayan", "Super Sayan 2", "Super Sayan 3", "Super Sayan 4" (if you watched GT) pretty lame translation.

Edit: There was also something like an "Assending Sayan", which came between SS and SS2, I don't know what they were called in Japan, but they were those really useless ones that could barely move due and there for couldn't hit anyone.

Sephiroth
03-31-2010, 09:58 PM

Yes, it is the "Ultimate" level in the translastion I have got.

This is may put us of topic, but you have intrieged me about the Sayans. In the US/UK translation the Sayans where just translated as "Super Sayan", "Super Sayan 2", "Super Sayan 3", "Super Sayan 4" (if you watched GT) pretty lame translation.

Well in the german version it is:

1. Saiyajin ("Saiyajin" is the german word of "sayan")
2. Super-Saiyajin
3. Super-Saiyajin 2 and Ultra-Saiyajin (an Ultra Sayan is nothing but a Super Sayan 2 who focuses on pure strength and ignore their speed like Trunks and Vegeta do before the Cell Games, there are three forms, the normal Super Saiyan 2 is the final one)
4. Super-Saiyajin 3 also known as "Mega-Saiyajin"
5. Legendärer Super-Saiyajin (Broly)
6. Super-Saiyajin 4 - normally it would be "Giga-Saiyajin" but he is never called "Giga-"

But it is no Dragon Ball thread. I shouldn't have posted this.

MJN SEIFER
03-31-2010, 10:39 PM
(Hopefully) My Final Word on the matter.

Got it.

The "Ultra Sayajin" was the one that got translated as "Assending Sayan" over here I personally never liked the name, I think the translaors took it litterally as "the next level" and never corrected it (since they never really use it again once they discover it's weakness)

Maybe SS4 was never given a name because it was made by the GT script which is slightly non-canon because it was made by a different person?

Anyway - Sorry for going off topic.

Mercen-X
04-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Well, they're have been a number of prints of Ultima (both the WEAPON and the sword) being called Ultimate... but that's just sounds like such a generalized term. Anything could be the "Ultimate Weapon" or sword but then you'd wonder if it had a name. So if it's called the Ultima then suddenly it's got a name.

Christmas
04-01-2010, 05:40 PM
No dun, they are endangered species. You musn't kill them. :(

qwertysaur
04-03-2010, 04:45 PM
No dun, they are endangered species. You musn't kill them. :(
Tea party time :kaoclove: