PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Valentine you lucky duck

Unbreakable Will
03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Got his own spin-off game. I figured this thread belonged in this forum because I want to know what provoked Dirge of Cerberus in FFVII. His lines were funny at times and he was a kick ass support character to have.
So what do you think/know it was?
Was it:
A. His Coud-dwarfing emo-ness?
B. Funny lines and hinting of a backstory?
C. Huge Vincent fan base?
D. Mr.Dolphins plan all along?

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 06:26 PM
He was one of the only ones where you don't really know much of the backstory. Makes sense, no?

Unbreakable Will
03-22-2010, 06:27 PM
True, but I still wasn't expecting a game based off of him, but then again with all the VII propaganda why should I expect any less? Still a good game imo.

Crop
03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I was never interested in Vincents chatacter, I didn't know anyone really was, I was shocked when they made a spin off game starring him.

I'd like to see a spin off game about President Shinra, and the Shin-Ra company in their early days. How they came to power and all that.

BarelySeeAtAll
03-22-2010, 08:40 PM
My longish answer: To be fair I think VII is quite a layered story, since every character has their own which - in themselves - could make for gaming.

But, admittedly they might be pretty bland since we've already got most of the characters (e.g. Nanaki's story. Dunno about anyone else but Cosmo Canyon bored me to tears. And Cid's story is also another I wouldn't want to come back to) but what happens to them in the future and blahblah, guess that interests some people?

Vincent's character just so happened to be one of the most mysterious ones, and I guess Hojo and his whacko-acts needed adding to. So, why not unveil a little of that mystery-man and crack-pot scientist with spin-offs? :) thus DoC was born.

My short answer: part of B; his wit didn't deserve a game ;)

Mercen-X
03-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Next we'll have a spin-off in the style of Fighting Force or Mortal Kombat: Special Forces and it will star... duh duh-duh DUH! None other than Mr. T, er Barrett Wall-ace.
The system will involve no Materia. It will allow the use of special abilities like his limits and some new ones and will involve being able to use the environment like being able to pick up and swing trash cans and throw stuff. He'll be working with AVALANCHE, the ragtag force he's put together to topple the darker regimes. I don't know if it'll be a prequel featuring Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge or a follow-up featuring an all new cast, but... who cares anyway?

BarelySeeAtAll
04-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Next we'll have a spin-off in the style of Fighting Force or Mortal Kombat: Special Forces and it will star... duh duh-duh DUH! None other than Mr. T, er Barrett Wall-ace.
The system will involve no Materia. It will allow the use of special abilities like his limits and some new ones and will involve being able to use the environment like being able to pick up and swing trash cans and throw stuff. He'll be working with AVALANCHE, the ragtag force he's put together to topple the darker regimes. I don't know if it'll be a prequel featuring Biggs, Jessie, and Wedge or a follow-up featuring an all new cast, but... who cares anyway?

UGH I hated the AVALANCHE thing. I like how they're more freedom-fighty, but the older meaner ones were better :|

I think that'd FINALLY kill FFVII for me. Barret was just one of those characters who'd need something BOOM-ish in order to get me interested in the SLIGHTEST.

I like this thread :greenie: just saying.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Vincent is a good character because of the slow-motion backflips he does when you first discover him.

Shiny
04-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Vincent is a good character because of the slow-motion backflips he does when you first discover him.

Omfg, I seriously thought I was the only one on the site who noticed that and laughed for 2 hours about it. Well I guess that still may be true...

Tifa also does a slow motion back flip in the same scene where she's wearing the cow girl hat and gets messed up by Sephy.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-02-2010, 03:04 AM
That was more like sliding backwards down a flight of stairs and hitting a bump than a real backflip, but I'll give her points for sympathy.

qwertysaur
04-02-2010, 04:13 AM
hahaha

No.78
04-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I would guess because he's the most popular character besides Cloud.

I have no statistics to back me up, but it's probably true. :P

qwertysaur
04-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Ask the fangirls

Jiro
04-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Could you imagine DoC set up with Yuffie throwing shurikens instead? That's why Vincent

Unbreakable Will
04-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Ask the fangirls
I've been called a Vincent Valentine Fangirl before... its both demeaning and true.

Could you imagine DoC set up with Yuffie throwing shurikens instead? That's why Vincent
Bwahaha

Ontibile
04-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Ask the fangirls
I've been called a Vincent Valentine Fangirl before... its both demeaning and true.

I've been called one and I'm proud of it. Why is it demeaning? He's hot.

... Then again, I also think Spock is hot. So maybe I have issues.

Shina Valentine
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Im extremely glad that he got his own game!I LOVE HIM!!!:love: He's my all time fave i'd be like instead of a weird ice cream commercials it'd be,"What would you do to get Vincent?"Would you kill someone?" "Yes,i would!" :mad:

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
The game itself wasn't great though. I suppose that doesn't really need to be said. The villains were all pretty one dimensional (though Nero and Weiss were cool-looking) and the new characters didn't cut it (seriously, Shalua was weird). I would've liked to see all the FFVII characters play bigger roles in the game instead of just all lumped together in one FMV. I liked the interactions with Yuffie, but it would've been nice to use her too or have her as a temporary supporting character.

Nevertheless, I still bought the game and had fun with it despite it's flaws. And the only reason I bought it was because Vincent was cool as. That scene of him in Advent Children fighting off Bahamut Sin mid-air with Yuffie was how I invisaged the game. It didn't quite turn out that way, but I'm not complaining (much). It's not altogether unjustified to give him the spin-off rights because of all the characters, he and Cloud are the two with the biggest connection to Sephiroth.

Mercen-X
04-14-2010, 07:56 PM

That was a forward flip.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Vincents cool, but I bought the game and hated it, should a made it Yuffie or Cid instead

BarelySeeAtAll
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Where the friggen hell were the damned Turks. I'm more SOLDIER girl but Turks are the fricken she-it, if they were having a break then they suck ass. Or were they tending to Rufus *rolls eyes*

I realise this is more of a " *_* VINCENT" thang, and that Vince was indeed part of the Turks, but the only link I make is the fact that you PLAY as a Turk in training. B-O-R-I-N-G. Turk Vincent < any other Turk.

Unless there is a hole in my knowledge about the Turks, someone better give a reason to their absence. Or else.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
The Turks belong to shinra, this takes place 1 year after advent children, and at this point Elena and Tsung may be dead, and that only leaves Reno and Rude, the body gaurds of Rufus

BarelySeeAtAll
04-14-2010, 08:40 PM
The Turks belong to shinra, this takes place 1 year after advent children, and at this point Elena and Tsung may be dead, and that only leaves Reno and Rude, the body gaurds of Rufus

..Tseng.

ShinRa is kinda involved too, though, don'tya think? They CAN pitch in every now and again. :eep:

PeneloRatsbane
04-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Why would Elena and Tseng be dead? They looked like they were getting better from their injuries in AC

Jiro
04-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Anything could have happened to them really.

Mercen-X
04-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Before Crisis is a GD joke. Why the hell would anyone..!?
The Turks definitely need their own title to feature in. Last Order gave me for like a short anime, OVA, movie, I don't care.

Clo
04-27-2010, 02:42 AM
Yeah, I think it was Vincent being hinted as an ex-Turk that made him so interesting. Because the Turks were so damn cool in FF7. I remember being very intrigued about this when I initially played it, eons ago.

black orb
04-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Why would Elena and Tseng be dead? They looked like they were getting better from their injuries in AC
>>> huh? I thought Tseng was killed by Sephiroth/Jenova/watherver in FF7..:luca:

Clo
04-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Actually, no. The Tseng thing was just a mistranslation. In the original FF7 text he survives.

black orb
04-27-2010, 03:08 AM
>>> Really? I didnt know that, the guy was almost cut in half with the Masamune, is hard to believe someone can survive that..:luca:

Drajeu
05-25-2010, 12:48 AM
I think was a combination of a little of everything.
Mysterious character.
Loose ends with Lucrecia and Hojo.
Good story line to build on.

In either case I'm glad they made DoC, the game is decent, would be great if it wasn't for the way the camera moved, but more than anything it adds to the FF7 storyline tremendously. I always felt Hojo and Lucrecia were way underplayed in FF7.
Speaking of Vincent, anyone else saw the similarities between Vincent and the dude from the anime series? (FF unlimited I believe).

Drajeu
05-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Must be a woman thing.
I have three daughters 12, 10 and 9, and they are as different as day and night. But they all agree on one thing, they love FF7. Strangely enough they all also agree on Vincent being the coolest character.

Ask the fangirls

I've been called one and I'm proud of it. Why is it demeaning? He's hot.

... Then again, I also think Spock is hot. So maybe I have issues.

MrsFairStrife
06-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Vincent is a really mysterious like character, and their have been so many suspicions on if he is sephiroth's father because he loved lucrecia. :love:
I think they started the game just because they wanted to add to ff7 like crisis core and all that. Just making unnecessary add ons.

Forsaken Lover
07-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Vincent's cool because he's got the whole goth vampire thing going on.

Who doesn't love capes? Capes are always awesome.

Also the best thing about Dirge of Cerberus was Vincent x Yuffie. It's so gonna happen.

PeneloRatsbane
07-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Also the best thing about Dirge of Cerberus was Vincent x Yuffie. It's so gonna happen.

Do you think so? Hmm she is definately in to him but not so sure about Vincent, he's a bit romantically inept bless him. It would be a bold move thats for sure.

Crossblades
07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
I have a question about Dirge of Cerberus. I have never played it, and I would like to since Vincent was one of my favorite characters from FFVII. However, I don't want to play it just for that reason. Should I bother playing it despite the fact that it's a shooter?

Christmas
07-17-2022, 11:47 AM
He got shrugged by a hot chick which 99% of the gamers experienced and can relate to. :(