PDA

View Full Version : I WANT YOU...

Unbreakable Will
03-22-2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.osucascades.edu/sites/default/files/images/uncle_sam.gif
To decide if FFIX is the best Final Fantasy of all time.

Here are my reasons why:

Amazing storyline
Characters are in-depth while not overly complex
Vivi is the cutest Blackmage that you've ever seen. :colbert:
The chocobo side quest is both fun and worth it in the end and brings more life to our favorite pack-animal xD
Battle can be both easy and challenging without being overly repetitive due to the enormous amounts of different monsters.
Zidane is a monkey-boy with a tail...:D
Is FFIX the best? Why or why not?

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
:quina:

Depression Moon
03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Of course it's the best and you listed almost all the reasons why.

No.78
04-02-2010, 05:24 PM
It is to you, but not to the universe.

heutenitaz
04-28-2010, 05:47 AM
There are so many humorous moments in the game, but at the same time, many emotional moments as well. Throughout my journey, I connected with the characters, as they truly came alive for me. Few games were as engrossing as this, as it really captivated me with its fantastic story and entertaining twists.

Skyblade
04-28-2010, 05:56 AM
Nope.

Why? Excalibur II. Completionist's nightmare.

PuPu
04-28-2010, 06:25 AM
No. Better FFs exist.

Final Fantasy VI is the best and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Nope. I like FFXII.

Hot Shot
04-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Nope. I like FFXII.
:nonono:

I really wanna say FFIX is my favourite because it feels like such a magical world and the characters were so colourful and interesting without being annoying (except Quina and, to a lesser extent, Eiko). Kuja is undoubtedly the best FF villian in the sense that he was a victim of his own fate and fought tooth and nail to defy it. And this game brought it back to the classic 'crystal' FF with the storyline, the world and the fact that they have clearly defined classes (unlike FF 7, 8 and XII, I'm not sure about XIII because I haven't played it) But unfortunately, it is only my second favourite FF.

FFX is my favourite because it has a superior battle system, a deeper story which made me get lost in the world of Spira and the characters seem less cliched and more fleshed out in the sense that they have more complexities in their personalities.

Vivisteiner
04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
:mad2:

I really wanna say FFIX is my favourite because it feels like such a magical world and the characters were so colourful and interesting without being annoying (except Quina and, to a lesser extent, Eiko). Kuja is undoubtedly the best FF villian in the sense that he was a victim of his own fate and fought tooth and nail to defy it. And this game brought it back to the classic 'crystal' FF with the storyline, the world and the fact that they have clearly defined classes (unlike FF 7, 8 and XII, I'm not sure about XIII because I haven't played it) But unfortunately, it is only my second favourite FF.

FFX is my favourite because it has a superior battle system, a deeper story which made me get lost in the world of Spira and the characters seem less cliched and more fleshed out in the sense that they have more complexities in their personalities.
lmao :p

Good one!

Oh wait. You're not joking? :eek:

Character for character, mano-a-mano, FFIX's characters easily outgun FFX's. (Well, except Quina but s/he is just for lulz). And plot-wise I'd say FFX is more cliched and predictable than FFIX for sure, even though I loved both plots. I could go for some long-ass post now but exams are coming up. I'll at least wait to see if you're joking or not...

But yeah, IX is best.

Garnie
04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
I preferred X over IX and VII over X. But only VII for the story only as I'm a fan bird lol. I did like IX it was funny and Zidane was a cool character but I do think X is better.

Imperfectionist
04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Kuja is in IX. This is a strong argument for its awesomeness.

Freya
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
without being annoying (except Quina and, to a lesser extent, Eiko).

*High fives*

I like the more light-hearted attitude they took while still conveying a serious story.

While I feel X had a good story and was engaging, I think that IX was the end of the text era of FF so it's not that best to compare. Sometimes you can just get more out of some dialogue if you hear it rather than read it. But while saying that, I think that the dialogue was awesome in IX.

I just love me some IX :jess:

Marshall Banana
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
The cutest and most entertaining and sensical save points.
Moogles with personalities.
The level one Ozma challenge!

:eiko:

G13
04-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Kuja is in IX. This is a strong argument for its awesomeness.

:erm:

IX's a great game! I love it. It's one of my top five favorite FF's.

Clo
04-28-2010, 11:53 PM
In the rest of the world, everyone seems to ignore FFIX; on this forum, it seems to be the favorite. Or at least in my world.

Subjectivity should be mentioned. Really, everyone's going to like something for such an array of reasons. Each Final Fantasy offers so many different things to like and dislike.

Personally, IX is up there for me. Up there. :p

Mo-Nercy
04-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Yeah, it's pretty good. I'm not overly keen on replaying the old school era FFs. I've played through them a few times and I haven't got the bug to play them again. As for FF7 and 8, I replay them frequently. They have the greatest nostalgic effect on me because they were my first FFs.

For some reason, I don't play FF9 so much. But every time I do replay it, I say to myself "Why don't I play this more often?" I consider it my second or third favourite.

No.78
04-30-2010, 01:40 PM
It really depends on the person. IX is probably my 2nd favorite FF, or very high up there. But nothing will top X just because of the stuff in that game that appeals to me individually.