PDA

View Full Version : When shopping for things you like...

Momiji
03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
...do you like going to a store to buy it, or do you prefer shopping online?

I prefer buying things online, because it's so convenient.

Freya
03-22-2010, 05:33 PM
I don't like to completely absolve my self from socialization so I always go places. I people watch and old people scare and fascinate me and there are a bunch in Oklahoma so I tend to stare often. Which I guess might scare others.

Fonzie
03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't like to completely absolve my self from socialization so I always go places.

lol

Also, I like to go out and buy things since I'm so terrible inpatient when it comes to waiting for things. :(

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Shopping online allows me to shop for nerdy T-shirt. :p

Merk
03-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I hate talking to people I don't know, but when shopping for clothes I still prefer going to the mall. But for everything else, I'm all about online.

Rantz
03-22-2010, 05:46 PM
I like the excitement of waiting for a package, wondering if it's going to arrive today, and finally finding it on your doormat. :D But mostly I shop online for convenience, yeah.

Psychotic
03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
It depends. If I know I'm going to be out and about that day anyway I'll just get whatever I want in a store, otherwise I cba to go all the way down town just to buy one specific thing so I'll get it online.

Zeldy
03-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Nah, shopping online would mean I have to wait. I am very impatient. I would rather go to the store and buy it first-hand.

Fujiko
03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Online (most of the time).

Breine
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
I do nearly all my shopping in stores, unless it's cheaper online (or naturally, if it's something that can only be bought online or if it's just that much more convenient).

I like shopping in actual stores.

Imperfectionist
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Nah, shopping online would mean I have to wait. I am very impatient. I would rather go to the store and buy it first-hand.

Word.

Chloe.
03-22-2010, 10:13 PM

This.

And also, when buying things like clothes it is always better to be able to see the actual product infront of you and try it on or whatever, before you buy it. It's not the same online. This doesn't mean that I don't ever buy online though, I just prefer to go to the shop. :p

Shlup
03-23-2010, 12:20 AM
I prefer to shop online. I don't like physically digging for stuff I want, especially clothes. I bought five things online last week. xP

Raistlin
03-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Online, because I'm lazy.

Bunny
03-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Online. I hate being around other people.

bipper
03-23-2010, 12:29 AM
When shopping for things you like do you like going to a store to buy it, or do you prefer shopping online?

Depends if I am shopping online or at the story when I see what I like and I have the funds available. That or I Wynona Ryder and gtfo.

It is harder to shoplift online. The best I can do is right click on an image and save image as. :(

NorthernChaosGod
03-23-2010, 09:00 AM
It depends on what the item is, I almost always try on clothes before buying them so I mostly get all that in-store. Also, if I just have to get something in my grasp as soon as possible I will go out and buy it, otherwise I prefer to shop online.

I just bought a new phone online earlier. :cool:

Jess
03-23-2010, 07:59 PM
I just love shopping! Online or not.

Mostly, I'll go to the shops and have a look around - I like to try clothes on before buying them most of the time.

Although, if I know the exact thing I want, I'll buy it online. I hate it when I go to the shop, know what I want and it's not there so I go home and buy it online. Wasted journey! :jess:

Ashi
03-23-2010, 09:42 PM
I prefer going to a store and getting what I want :eek:
Certain genres of books/games aren't as easily available close to me so I end up ordering them online anyway.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't think I'll buy much irl anymore. I bought an mp3 player online, didn't cost much, and worked for over 8 months, and still works, somewhat. Then I bought a new mp3 player for the same price last week, and has already stopped working. Ugh.

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I haven't had much experience with shopping online just yet, but if there's something that I want and it's only online, I'll most certainly buy it online. Besides that, I'll only shop online if there's something I want and I can wait for it and don't feel like going to the store for it.

Rodarian
03-23-2010, 11:34 PM
I usually like to physically see the merchandise before I make any purchases... Use to be big on Ebay before but these days I would rather look at something in plain sight... Especially clothes because times you may not get what you asked for like for instant knock off designer clothes and bags.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 01:05 AM
I like walking and driving around, so I go in and physically grab what I want to buy. However if it's a popular game or something I don't want to go all the way to Gamestop just to find out they sold out I:<

Momiji
03-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I do like going to stores to pick up stuff. When Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver came out, I went to GameStop that morning to pick it up!

However, if it's something in particular that I don't know if I'll be able to find in a local store, I definitely will buy it online. Certain games and anime DVDs come to mind. (Seriously the stores around here charge you over twice as much as what I could likely find online!)

Jiro
03-24-2010, 03:54 AM
I have an old person's distrust of the internet when it comes to shopping. I realise it's irrational but I'm more than happy to make the trip to a store. If something can't be found then I will turn to the internet (although usually I just give up :()

Lawr
03-24-2010, 04:46 AM
My mom loves that shopping online stuff. I've never done it before but I like the idea, except for clothes shopping. I'm like 5'3" so there's a 93% chance I'm going to order something that's too big so I'd rather try on a really good looking shirt, and then get disappointed, and then get a lesser good looking shirt that fits.

Xaven
03-24-2010, 05:14 AM

And also, when buying things like clothes it is always better to be able to see the actual product infront of you and try it on or whatever, before you buy it. It's not the same online. This doesn't mean that I don't ever buy online though, I just prefer to go to the shop. :p
Both of these~! I can't buy anything without trying it on now! Too many experiences in the past with clothes not fitting when another item of the same size and brand did fit in the dressing room. Each items must be individually scrutinized!

Also, no one has mentioned returns! I could never be bothered to actually ship an item back to a manufacturer because it didn't fit right or had immediate problems. Stores can be revisited!

Vćrn
03-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Depends on how badly I need what I'm looking for and how available it is around where I am. Sometimes I'll do some Christmas shopping online, sometimes I'll get something for someone's birthday, sometimes I'll buy myself some shiny trinkets, but that's about it.

juliawells
03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
It's not the same online. This doesn't mean that I don't ever buy online though, I just prefer to go to the shop.

bankrutpcy lawyer Riverside (http://www.bankruptcyattorneyincalifornia.com)