PDA

View Full Version : Locked away!

Freya
03-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Alright a lot of people have finished this game. I want to know what you think this game had done right and wrong.

What should be carried on, what should have been improved, what should they just completely ignore and hopefully never come back to ever again?

I think how super linear it was was irritating. Well not so much the maps but not being able to pick my leader. I understand they may want you to try every character single player or whatever but I would prefer to have had others be my leader than the ones they give me.

I did love how they actually tried to humanize these characters a lot. It wasn't so much of "This guy likes shooting things so he joined your party!" Now of course the FF's have tried doing this for a while but they really made it with this one.

Loony BoB
03-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I liked the characters. The story was neat. The battles weren't bad, although I do enjoy how every FF tends to have variations so I'm not sure I want them to continue with the same thing again. I think the maps could do with a bit more work, but not too much... nothing like XII, anyway. More sidequests would be nice. Even in chapter 11+, I didn't feel there was much to do than battle. I did like the shop system, but I think I'm in the minority there. I would like more interaction with NPCs and I would like the ability to jump. I don't expect to see the latter even in FFXV, though. :(

Aruu
03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
What FFXIII did right

* Gave us a diverse cast of characters that act fairly realistically to the situations around them.

* Gave us a new, interesting battle system that draws from past Final Fantasies, but also puts a new spin on it to match with the pace of the game.

* Gorgeous music that again combines the softer melodies of the past FF's, but including a different sound to fit the tone of the game.

* Gave us little flashbacks to the characters before they met, so we can see a little more of them.

* AWESOME voice acting. There's not one voice that sounds out of place.

What FFXIII did wrong

* Too. Linear. For most of the game it's walk, fight, walk, fight, walk, cutscene, walk, fight, walk, boss, switch to a different set of characters. And repeat.

* No decent sidequests.

* No towns.

* Barely any interaction with NPC's so far.

* The main romantic pairing has an absolute muppet of a girl with as much personality as a paper doll. Seriously, Squenix, way to take a step back in time when you've had awesome love interests since Terra :/

* Surprisingly irritating monsters with no real way to fight them. Pulsework soldiers? Are weak against lightning. You get two characters who can't learn lightning at that point in the game. It leads for.. fun.

Freya
03-22-2010, 10:45 PM
I was very impressed with the voice acting compared to the previous game that have had it.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 01:22 AM
In quite a few battles they mistook "baddie with several million HP!!!!" for "challenging battle."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, though, I go to FFs partially for the linearity, so that certainly didn't bug me.

Haven't quite finished the game yet though. In the last "dungeon," I believe.