PDA

View Full Version : no name.

Moon Rabbits
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
http://www.unlimitedmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/433_profile_img1_noname.jpg

OPINIONS ON NO NAME FOOD ? or by extension, non-brand name things in general.

Mo-Nercy
03-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Depends on if it's an ingredient, a condiment or a ready-made item.

If it's one of the former two, I'd probably consider it but only if it's significantly cheaper than the brands I prefer. If it's something like a box of cereal though, I'm less inclined to buy it. I'm not sure why I think this way. =]

lunaj
03-22-2010, 06:46 PM
As long as it's not from china or mexico

Madonna
03-22-2010, 07:19 PM
No Name is a private label brand not offered where I am located; I cannot have an opinion! I like private labels in that they offer a similar product to a big name brand, giving people chances to stock up on the names they trust and then purchase other necessities whose names are not so important!

While a store brand is normally considered of lesser quality to a more popular brand, many of them are manufactured in the same facilities and the difference can be negligible! One needs to shop smart and save where one must!

Shlup
03-23-2010, 12:03 AM
As long as it's not from china or mexico

Soda from Mexico is the best 'cause it has real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. It's delicious.

I don't care about a brand or name or anything; I look at the ingredients and price.

Xaven
03-24-2010, 10:07 AM
I admit I'm more attracted to brand names, but then again I'm also more attracted to healthy things. Healthy things with friendly producers who aren't giant, evil corporate monsters!

I expect most people are attracted to name brands, but I don't have evidence of my own to back up such a proposal. We all like to eat familiar things. Keeps us from getting poisoned in the wilderness! xD

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't care about a brand or name or anything; I look at the ingredients and price.

My mom does that with some of the grocery items. Especially for paper napkins or paper towels..In fact we usually shop at Costco or Bulk Barn because of lower price index for unknown brands...

Casey
03-25-2010, 01:37 AM
It depends on the ingredient and how healthy it would be beneficial.

rubah
03-25-2010, 01:39 AM
sometimes I buy generic xD

this makes me just think of No-Ad sunblock