PDA

View Full Version : the bouncer

Moon Rabbits
03-22-2010, 06:36 PM
http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/44/the-bouncer.442924.jpg

this game sucks. discuss.

Flying Mullet
03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I bought it when it came out because it was made by Square. It was alright at the time, but then new games came out for the system which clearly outclassed it.

Elly
03-23-2010, 12:29 PM
i still go back and play it, i love it, my only regret is that i missed out on getting the Strategy Guide & Soundtrack when my local Game Stop had them, way back then...

Jiro
03-24-2010, 05:50 AM
I saw SquareSoft and was excited. I saw Squall(?) and was excited. The game kind of blew chunks but I enjoyed it regardless because that's how devoted I am, Square.

Mercen-X
03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
There's a certain character I can't use to beat the game from the start (I think it's Sion). Unfortunately, I can't use him to beat Dauragon's final form either (after gaining all kinds of upgrades and new moves) so there's always going to be at least one scene I can't frickin' watch. No wait, I've seen Sion's ending, it must be... Volt? How the hell can I not beat the D-man with Krueger? That's total :bou:!

Kyros
03-25-2010, 03:12 AM
I thought it was easy to beat it with everyone :P It was fun but super short.

~*~Celes~*~
03-25-2010, 05:53 AM
I don't know but the guy on the cover? I'd do him.

I've never heard of the game before though.

Mercen-X
03-28-2010, 07:00 AM
I started writing a fanfic combining the characters of The Bouncer with those from Ehrgeiz. I just kind of figured it was the only way either game would get any extra coverage.

lol: By the way, Kaldea, Mugetsu, and Dauragon (changed "legally" to Drakon Cross) survive thanks to Django's interference... Mugetsu joins forces with Ken Mishima to form a large corporate militia but betrays him to take control of the whole thing.
Yeahp, everyone's got their tale to tell and that's as far as I got (haven't even decided if it should be a fighting game or a fighting game yet :p). Maybe it would just be some kind of movie.

Sword
04-09-2010, 03:49 AM
I love this game. The characters are cool and interesting.

Mo-Nercy
04-09-2010, 04:35 AM
You lie. The game was great in the context of it being one of the first games released for PS2. It really showed off the capabilities of the system.

It was really short though. If you skipped all the cutscenes, you could finish the game in 1 hour. But the idea was for you to play over and over again and beef up your characters levels/stats and unlock boss characters for versus mode. But that idea didn't really fly with someone like me, who only used Kou (one-armed Dauragon in Versus mode though).

LunarWeaver
04-09-2010, 06:24 PM
This game killed my white blood cells and made me forever ill.

Mercen-X
04-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I need a re-release of this game with a cheat engine so I can leizure through it because I'm too damned lazy to do things the tactically precise way that every other damned gamer seems to just randomly stumble upon.

vinnie's mini's
04-10-2010, 09:33 PM
the guy on the cover? I'd do him.

Agreed. :omghey: :love:

Zeromus_X
04-14-2010, 12:57 AM
I saw my friend playing this once a long time ago. It looked okay.