PDA

View Full Version : we are all the sameeee!

Moon Rabbits
03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.onelastcontinue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/final-fantasy-vii-200804300438567861.jpg

do you prefer ff's in which your characters are entirely indistinguishable from one another with the exception of a few things like weapons and limit breaks (ala ffvii) or that have specific roles they must adhere to (ala ffix)?

Merk
03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
I like to be able to pick who does what and gets what.

Rantz
03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Definitely like preassigned roles better! I feel like it fleshes out the characters more. Although I don't mind at all if there's room for customisation, but with an easily distinguishable (i.e. not just "X's magic stat is slightly higher so they're a mage type") base.

One system I'm very fond of is Baldur's Gate's, where you can tailor your main as much as you wish, and can then recruit whoever you like along the road, who are set character types, but still with some room to shape them yourself.

Crowseye
03-23-2010, 07:30 AM
I like having the flexibility to impose my own rules on the characters' jobs and/or ability development. I think that adds to the fun of the game.

So, I generally prefer the systems of, say, V, VII, VIII, and XII to those found in IV, VI, and IX.

blackmage_nuke
03-23-2010, 08:02 AM
I prefer to be guided but at the same time have the freedom to make the characters into anything i want. Thats why I actually like the sphere grid in FFX.

Rodarian
03-23-2010, 12:02 PM
You know I sorta like having characters with a preassigned role... It makes things easier cause then I can use and battle strategies more effectively!

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2010, 04:47 PM
FFX's advanced sphere grid would have been perfect. If only it were in the North American version ;_;