PDA

View Full Version : ivalice is merely okay.

Moon Rabbits
03-22-2010, 06:44 PM
http://eightwaymovement.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/vagrantstory-boxart.jpg

what is your favorite game that takes place within the ivalice world?

also i have never played a tactics game and am wondering if they are connected story-wise at all or if i can just choose a random one to play and be okay with that okay.

VeloZer0
03-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I've only gotten half way through Vagrant story, and a million times through FFT and I have barely seen any connection.
I haven't played FFTA or TA2, but I haven't seen and connection from FFXII to Vagrant Story or FFT.

Don't chose randomly, FFT is miles ahead of FFTA

oddler
03-22-2010, 09:07 PM
You are toying with me, Moon Rabbits! Give me Vagrant Story now! :mad2:

It's hard to say. I really like the gameplay aspects of XII but I'm a sucker for Tactics' storyline. :choc2:

ANGRYWOLF
03-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I think it does a good job explaining the connection..Supposedly at the end of FFXII Balthier goes off to Bethla..which would be another connection..:)

Skyblade
03-27-2010, 04:59 AM
I've only gotten half way through Vagrant story, and a million times through FFT and I have barely seen any connection.
I haven't played FFTA or TA2, but I haven't seen and connection from FFXII to Vagrant Story or FFT.

In some ways, but not all. FFTA has far better battle mechanics.

Wolf Kanno
03-27-2010, 10:46 AM

Well... VS takes place in the Kingdom of Valendia which is the region where the Archadian Empire is located in FFXII, there are several references to both Delita and Agrias as well. The Delita one being very interesting as its a reference to where he is buried in Ivalice.

That's to name a few. Its where TA fits in is the tricky part.