PDA

View Full Version : Favourite bad graphic

demondude
03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
I know the graphics in this game were revolutionary, but we all know that now some of the graphics look ridiculous. What is your favorite bad graphic?

It is either Vincent's ridiculously pointy shoes or the sticky cheese on Cloud's head.

PuPu
03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
The characters' missing hands

Vermachtnis
03-23-2010, 12:47 AM
The characters' missing hands

I second that, block hands where the best.

MJN SEIFER
03-23-2010, 01:09 AM
I still think it looks revolutionary. (I'll let you have the hands though).

line_genrou
03-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Aww,I love those blocky figures.They look so cute LOL

>_<
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
The hands never bothered me, but Clouds popeye-like forearms will always nibble on my annoyance gene - particularly when his answer to every other question or situation is to extend them and shrug as if to say...

"What do you expect me to do about it? I've got unnaturally proportioned forearms, for gods sake. Seriously, what can a guy do with forearms like these!" :|

No wonder he was a psychological wreck. :)

Rantz
03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I like it when they run and their speed has no relation to their running animation so it looks like the floor is really slippery.

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Whats funny for me was that I bought 8 before 7... So you should have seen my face when I so the characters models milling around.. I was like..."They look like Lego Men/Women" It took some getting use to but after a while I tend to see them as they were illustrated..

as for bad graphic... I definitely think it was the hands of everyone character. Plus their tiny forearms!

cloud21zidane16
03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
The hands never bothered me, but Clouds popeye-like forearms will always nibble on my annoyance gene - particularly when his answer to every other question or situation is to extend them and shrug as if to say...

"What do you expect me to do about it? I've got unnaturally proportioned forearms, for gods sake. Seriously, what can a guy do with forearms like these!" :|

No wonder he was a psychological wreck. :)

I loved all his poses and stances, especially when you get to see them all at once in Temple of the Ancients.

MJN SEIFER
03-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Like I say, the hands were really all that mattered to me - sure games have better graphics than VII these days, but VII is still one of the top tier positions of graphical brilliance in my book - I still find myself in awe of it when I play - it's just got a sort of "atmosphere" to it. It was great for it's time and still holds out.

Oh and...

the sticky cheese on Cloud's head

No offence, but it still looks like hair to me. Each to their own.

Breine
03-26-2010, 12:42 AM
I like it when they run and their speed has no relation to their running animation so it looks like the floor is really slippery.

Hahaha, yes! xD

It's funny 'cause it's true!

I also really dig that move Yuffie does, where she punches the air like 4 times quickly in a row. What's up with that? xD

P4ine
03-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Definitely the hands. Bricks for the win.

Which is why I sometimes felt sorry for the enemies when Tifa punched them over and over again. That must've hurt.

MJN SEIFER
03-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I also really dig that move Yuffie does, where she punches the air like 4 times quickly in a row. What's up with that? xD

What about that "angry dance" that Barrett does sometimes? :cool:

Mo-Nercy
03-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Barrett's gun arm looks almost exactly like his real arm xD

Something that surprised me and amused me immensely when I first played the game was how the party would be having a deep conversation about something, and then when it was over, two of them would just walk purposefully toward Cloud and disappear inside him. As if they're figments of his imagination and he had been talking to himself the whole time.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 08:06 AM
the fact that the sister ray is not actually pointed at northern crater. :p

Jiro
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM

The sound effect doesn't match the animation either. I always got a kick out it xD

Omni-Odin
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
the fact that the sister ray is not actually pointed at northern crater. :p

You just blew my mind!!! Where the HELL is that thing pointing?!!

qwertysaur
04-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Slightly off to the side of the Northern Crater. :p

MJN SEIFER
04-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm spoiling the fun slightly I know, but don't you think that the cannon side of the cannon can be moved/aimed? I mean it was originally Junon's main defence line, so it could probably be manipulated to point at various directions.

No.78
04-04-2010, 11:37 PM
The FMV's where they're still just tiny chibis made me facepalm.

MJN SEIFER
04-05-2010, 09:04 PM
The FMV's where they're still just tiny chibis made me facepalm.

Actually, there has never been any chibi design in FFVII other than fan art. I know you are refering to the standard non-FMV style graphics of the characters - they aren't chibis, far too big for that.

No.78
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
SIGH, but you know what I mean, right? :P

MJN SEIFER
04-05-2010, 11:56 PM
SIGH, but you know what I mean, right? :P

Yeah, I just get a bit predantic sometimes.

nirojan
04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
THEIR FREAKIN EYES!!!! and the absense of a mouth. unproportional feet for most characters (especially Vincent, although he's like that for AC as well so mabey that was intended). And my god does Safer Sephiroth look Hideous! Actually most monsters do....but he takes the cake!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Sepher Sephiroth is glorious.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/efuefu/sephersephiroth.gif

MJN SEIFER
04-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Why does everyone say they don't have mouths? They do - ok it's a line, but it's there.

Ontibile
04-07-2010, 04:08 AM
This isn't a graphic so much as a glitch, and I'm not sure if they fixed it in the PSN downloadable version or not but, beat the Jenova boss (forget exactly the name) that you must fight directly after Aerith is killed (before you lay her to rest). Yeah... beat that one with Vincent in the party.
This will happen:
YouTube - Funniest Scene In FFVII (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQlRQswWD7U)

I was laughing so hard I missed out on what was going on.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-07-2010, 06:28 AM
I've never even seen that in the original version, and I've used Vincent.

demondude
04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Just looks like the whole murder gave him a stiffy. :/

arcanedude34
04-09-2010, 04:23 AM
I hate that Yuffie punch thing! It's so... random!

As far as bad graphics, I'm gonna hafta go with all the enemies in the game. All of 'em. They're REALLY bad here. Bizarro Sephiroth looks like he ate too many Cheetos and got fat.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-13-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't care if anyone's said this already ;D

I loved it when they blinked so mechanically. :)

Eaglegun
04-14-2010, 07:13 AM
I agree that the lego sprites appearing in the fmvs was awkward. So was the way the party walked up to cloud and merged with him before setting out. The graphics in the final fight with Sephiroth(the one on one fight) were great. They looked as good as VIII to me. VIII had textured character models, but VII made it awesome without textures. At least in the final fight anyway.

Brennan
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
That Don dude preparin to GET IT ON!!!!
*Pelvis thrust*

black orb
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
>>> I love FF7 graphics :love:..:luca:
http://www.xkstation.com/capturas/Cap12_817.jpg

Savannah
04-18-2010, 09:29 PM
I started my first replay this weekend after beating it 6 years ago. And I love Tifa's silly pyramid boobs!

Rad Bromance
04-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Barret's field character model.

It's adorable. :D

Mo-Nercy
04-19-2010, 12:36 AM
This isn't a graphic so much as a glitch, and I'm not sure if they fixed it in the PSN downloadable version or not but, beat the Jenova boss (forget exactly the name) that you must fight directly after Aerith is killed (before you lay her to rest). Yeah... beat that one with Vincent in the party.
This will happen:
YouTube - Funniest Scene In FFVII (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQlRQswWD7U)

I was laughing so hard I missed out on what was going on.
That was great. I loved this comment on the video especially;

i see why aeris was out cold on the ground, that [smurf]er round housed her!

Jiro
04-19-2010, 02:36 PM
They all look waaaaay too muscular because of the blocks

Clo
04-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Oh man -- the graphic with Tifa kneeling down in front of Cloud in Mideel as he made those noises. :jess:

EDIT: Ahh! Vincent's leg looks hilarious in that video!