PDA

View Full Version : Good things about Dirge of Cerberus

Jessweeee♪
03-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Lord knows there's enough bad things to fill up the rest of this forum. I couldn't even bring myself to actually finish it. Instead I looked at someone else's playthrough!

This thread is about the positive things about this game!

Positive item #1: Cid! He is the only cool person in this whole game. Thank you Cid for making this game suck a teensy bit less.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 08:08 AM
It ends. I don't think this game should have ever been made :(a

Clo
04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
I liked the actual atmosphere of the game. Like, the settings and the mood and all that. :D

PeneloRatsbane
04-27-2010, 02:15 PM
that bit where Vincent gets all fashion police on Reeve, its like have you looked in the mirror? you're rocking the gothic tramp look.

Seeing Shelke get slapped in the face

Learning more about Lucrecia, her fall from grace and how niave Vincent is when it comes to her. In fact it really takes Vincent down a few pegs.

Yuffie's mutilation of Cait Sith's mog by turning into an outfit.

Cloud looks a bit more cheerful than usual

I quite like the WRO and how out of all the other members of the group Reeve chooses Yuffie to work for him and hold a position of power, lol he really is a bit mental, like that bit when there is a robo-Reeve

I liked the redeisgn of Chaos.

Hollycat
04-27-2010, 03:36 PM
I was expecting something like crisis core, so when i put it in and it was a fps, i immediatly returned it. The good news, the cutscene looked good

BarelySeeAtAll
04-27-2010, 08:23 PM
There's some real cutish British WRO member who's awesome. I love him. He makes the game.

Chloe.
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I like the bit where Vincent is talking to Cloud, Tifa and Barret on his phone :p

Mo-Nercy
05-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Reeve having a major role in the game was pretty cool. He's far more interesting than Cait Sith.

vinnie's mini's
05-07-2010, 08:22 PM
For me it would have to be Vincent, seeing as he's my favorite (No duh :P ).

I also feel a little proud of myself for finishing it, seeing as it was my first ever shooter game (I know most of you will probably think its a bad choice and what not), normally any shooting game scares the life out of me but seeing as Vincent was there and I wanted to see more I got braver and was able to carry on :jess: .

Yeah. I'm a fangirl.

PeneloRatsbane
05-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Reeve having a major role in the game was pretty cool. He's far more interesting than Cait Sith.

I've recently come to appreciate that rather eccentric chap, plus his goatee is sexy

York Azelas
05-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Dirge of Cerberus put a whole new spin on the final fantasy games by creating the first 3rd person shooter of the series. the story was good and had a great choice of characters but lacked in the gameplay. it was restricted roaming but very little interaction with the environment. the weapons were cool to but i felt there should have been more then three. I also felt that there should have been more limit break characters to play as instead of just the Gallian Beast. there also should have been other characters to play as besides Vincent and Cait Sith. all in all, it was a creative game but i think the final fantasy games are better played as the original style and not as a shooter.

Sephex
05-26-2010, 04:46 PM
My favorite thing: The time I got drunk while watching my friend play it. The game was more interesting to me then since everything looked so over the top. When I sobered up, I was no longer entertained.

Fynn
05-26-2010, 07:29 PM
The music. Hamauzu blows my mind.

Saber
07-05-2010, 11:09 PM
The fact that chapter 1 is your best choice for reaching level 99.

The story seemed right to me. They didn't add stuff that didn't seem to fit. It made sense to me.

The scene with Cloud and Gang right after the airship part.

The achievement I got by maxing out my guns. (F the ultima weapon)

The best part is that it was the first final fantasy shooter!!!

The only thing it needed was a better materia system.

Kenshin IV
10-11-2010, 07:09 AM
I honestly tried, but there are no redeeming qualities to this game. Not only is it a poorly made product, but it continues a horrible trend of the company just churning out poorly made and unnecessary spin-offs of their past successes.

In other words, getting you to pay for shoddy work by just slapping a familiar title on the box and using familiar characters.