PDA

View Full Version : Lady Luck smiles upon thee

Vermachtnis
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
How lucky would you say you are? I'd say I'm fairly lucky. I don't mean I'm walking down the street and a $100 bill comes and hits me in the face, but I do find change and stuff. Plus most of the time when I want something, I get it. This doesn't apply to stuff stacked against you like Claw Machines or Battle Frontier. Maybe it's more of a matter of timing than actual luck xD

Although me making it to round 2 was pretty lucky.

Freya
03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
When it comes to winning stupid things i'm lucky. Like I won a mountain dew WoW bag once. But when it comes to things that I NEED my luck just doesn't exist.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 12:11 AM
I don't usually win things, but I do think I'm lucky. I met the love of my life (totally gagged typing that though) in high school and we've been happy for nine years. We both lost our jobs, but thanks to the misfortune of BJ's elderly grandparents we have a beautiful house that we don't pay to live in because it's a favor for us to house sit for them. We had to put off our travels for a year because of the job loss, but because of the house sitting we're now going to Tokyo next month, and I really think we'll go to Europe next year.

And I found $5 on the ground outside of Wal Mart a few weeks ago.

oddler
03-23-2010, 12:11 PM
"Llonio said life was a net for luck; to Hevydd the Smith life was a forge; and to Dwyvach the Weaver-Woman a loom. They spoke truly, for it is all of these. But you," Taran said, his eyes meeting the potter's, "you have shown me life is one thing more. It is clay to be shaped, as raw clay on a potter's wheel."

I count myself lucky because it's a state of mind I enjoy. :choc2:

Loony BoB
03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I feel lucky. But I tend to believe that it's 90% because of the hard work I put into things that I feel that way.

Momiji
03-23-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm a lucky person. I go to college, have a roof over my head, and food whenever I'm hungry. Anyone who doesn't consider themselves lucky after that is mistaken.