PDA

View Full Version : What weapons are you using?

Raistlin
03-22-2010, 08:39 PM
What weapon have you been leveling up for your main characters, and why? The weapon of choice says a lot of things about your play style and how you're using the characters (or about how apathetic you are).

For Hope I have the Hawkeye, which is currently starred at stage 2 (named something else, obviously -- Eagleton, I think). I like it's high magic stat, which is all Hope uses. I think the Vidofnir was a decent alternative, but it's a ~200 or so magic stat difference in the end.

For Fang, I use her Taming Pole, which I only recently found. It has Stagger Lock, but I'm not concerned because she's usually a Commando anyway (though I did teach her Fire so I could use Rav/Rav/Rav to build up stagger, which I can still do). I use her for debuffs, so I like the good magic stat as well. It's also starred on the second stage (Venus Gospel).

For Lightning, I'm waiting on the Lionheart for the stagger bonus. Currently I use the Gladius, which was a mistake (she was primarily a Commando until Fang came along), but I'm not wasting the gil on a second temporary weapon.

Discuss weapons.

VeloZer0
03-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I've mostly gone with weapons with pure stats over ones with bonuses, as the specific effects of the bonuses are extremely poorly documented. I briefly tried to search for actual numbers to go with the in game descriptions, but no dice. Which is a shame, as the target time for an encounter is based on your stats, so having ability bonuses is more beneficial for getting higher battle ratings.

NeoCracker
03-22-2010, 08:54 PM
As soon as she's a stronger Commando, I'm switching in Vanille with the Debuffing weapon she has. It's currently Level 22 at it's second stage.

Sazh is on his Deneb Duelers, second stage in the 40 level range.

Snow, again in the 40 level range, the second stage of Power Circle.

Really, Sahz and Snow are set for high physical and damage output, though I avoided going Sacrifice Circle on snow cause I still need a viable Sentinal.

I was thinking of doing the same for Vanille, but I figured I might as well improve her Debuffs to keep a bit of a variety, as well as the shear use of debuffs.

With LIghtning, since she's still in the party, I have her starting weapon maxed in it's second stage.

Raistlin
03-22-2010, 11:09 PM
As soon as she's a stronger Commando, I'm switching in Vanille with the Debuffing weapon she has. It's currently Level 22 at it's second stage.

Am I reading this right -- are you trying to use Vanille as a Commando? :confused:

I've mostly gone with weapons with pure stats over ones with bonuses, as the specific effects of the bonuses are extremely poorly documented.

I pretty much made the same decision, with the aforementioned exception of Lightning and Lionheart (and quicker staggering = more damage anyway).