PDA

View Full Version : Back When Bosses Were Challenging

oddler
03-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Playing this game, I realized that preparing for a boss encounter was tantamount. Some of the baddies in this Final Fantasy were ridiculously tricky or just plain overpowered. The battle with the four crystal-like things that have different elemental properties comes to mind first for me. That freaking fight got on my nerves so badly. (It's been a looong time since I played it so I don't remember the name of the boss or the context of the encounter.)

Which boss battle was the most taxing for you to get through when you played this game? :mad:

Shin Gouken
03-22-2010, 10:16 PM
wow when i first played this game... that's going back too far for me to remember :(

Obviously omega and shinryu took me a few tries each to figure out, other than that i don't think anything gave me that much trouble.

But there are tonnes of memorable bosses in this game. I loved dividing your party to take on Minatauras and Omniscient, one of which was a physical attacks only boss while the other is magic only. Any fight with Gilgamesh was also memorable.

To keep on topic (sort of) During my solo character, no mixing job classes challenge, i found Gil Turtle to be one of the most challenging battles.

Omni-Odin
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I found this job system to be the best(except for in Tactics), and you really have to use the correct jobs for every boss battle or else you're screwed.