PDA

View Full Version : Were you happy with the ending of FFX?

Fonzie
03-22-2010, 10:40 PM
I felt really sad that Tidus vanished and Luna was all alone. But, I also knew that this made it ending that much better. :p

Nebulance
03-26-2010, 02:44 AM
I felt really sad that Tidus vanished and Luna was all alone. But, I also knew that this made it ending that much better. :p

Who's Luna? ;)

But -- to answer the question -- yes, I think the ending is great. I think the whole storyline is brilliant, and keeps me coming back to the game over and over -- I'm currently switching between FFX and FFXIII right now -- I'm very into FFXIII, but the story of FFX always has me coming back.

pyrefly
03-26-2010, 03:00 AM
I liked the ending. I am not sure I liked that Tidas disappeared and that he was nothing but a dream but I always liked bittersweet endings.

But I'd like to say that Yuna wasn't alone. Even though Tidas disappeared he was always with her. She may not have been able to hug him or touch him but his memory was close to her heart. The part when she is standing on the pier and whistling breaks my heart every time.

Mirage
03-26-2010, 07:05 AM
FFX had the best ending that SE has ever managed to destroy.

P4ine
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Emotionally probably the best ending, because it's sad. The others had good endings- more or less.

Cyric
03-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Who's Luna?

I have no idea why I can't stop laughing at that. :lol:

LUNAR IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!! :mwahaha:

FFX had the best ending that SE has ever managed to destroy.

I admit, anybody that ever plays FFX, should be forced to wait 2 years before playing X-2. Or if possible, hide the existence of X-2 from them for 2 years. FFX's ending was phenomenal, the first game that ever had me in tears. FFX-2 gave closure to it.

Rebellious Eagle
03-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I was pretty unhappy at the ending; it seriously made me cry. xD I always liked happy, everything-turns-out-okay endings.

Shin Gouken
03-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Tidus should of a had a far bloodier more violent death.

Though Tidus didn't really "Die" he just ceased to exist anymore. And Auron didn't die because he was technically already dead. For a game that revolves around the "Spriral of death" i'm dispointed with the lack of death in the ending. You fight something as gargantuan as sin and everyone walks away without a scratch.

Ive never really been a fan of any of the Endings in Final Fantasy. Even V and XII, my favorite in the series had just "meh" endings. FFVII the (Probabley) most loved in the series has a really poor ending.

skillzboy4
05-16-2010, 03:02 PM
whoever was unsatisfied with the ending is a complete retard and does not know anything in quality storytelling.

Clo
05-16-2010, 04:28 PM
I loved the ending. FFX-2 took something bittersweet and made it into a freaking sitcom-esque storyline.

ANGRYWOLF
05-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I loved the ending. FFX-2 took something bittersweet and made it into a freaking sitcom-esque storyline.

I was happy players had a chance to save Tidus.

FFX-2 had it's moments and is treated unfairly, mostly by people who have never played it.

It is a tad hard through all the stuff you have to do to get 100%.

So I was happy with FFX's ending.:D

I Took the Red Pill
05-17-2010, 02:01 AM
yeah.

black orb
05-17-2010, 02:38 AM
>>> I barely remember the FFX ending, I have to play this game again..:luca:

LostAmy
05-19-2010, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I still cry every time I see it. The best ending to any FF IMO

Depression Moon
05-19-2010, 06:20 PM
I was satisfied with X

pyrefly maiden
05-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Is it bad that I bawled more at Auron leaving than Tidus? :p Although you do get hints that Auron is already dead earlier in the game (during the visit to guadoland). But I think the ending was fitting even if it was sad.

Karifean
05-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Although you do get hints that Auron is already dead earlier in the game (during the visit to guadoland).

...and Tidus officially is told that Auron is dead after the party fought Yunalesca.

I wasn't shocked or sad that Auron left. It was pretty clear from the moment I found out he was dead.

But the fact that Tidus left Spira still touches me. Best. Ending. Ever. (I liked that an FF ended in a rather sad way)

pyrefly maiden
05-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Yeah I know...I did play the game you know :P Just that hints were already dropped before they literally showed you what happened to Auron when he fought Yunalesca, so that in itself wasn't such a huge shock either. But even if I you knew something was coming doesn't make it any sadder.

Plus I LOVE his theme song. \o/

Dr. Acula
05-21-2010, 08:07 AM
I loved the ending. It was really sad! But it was also brilliant. I haven't had the chance to play X-2 yet, I'm not sure I will if it ruins the ending...

Jessweeee♪
05-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I wanted to cry but my brother was in the room and I was too embarrassed to cry in front of him. I think he did too, because we both just sat there like "omg this suuuuuucks I can't believe he died noooooo!" As far as I know FFX is the only Final Fantasy where the hero sacrifices himself.

(Please no NOT correct me if I'm wrong, because then you would be spoiling a game I haven't played but do intend to!)

BG-57
05-25-2010, 01:36 AM
FFX ended on the perfect note blending triumph and despair. I thought it was earned. Everything was leading up to the final scene. It was softened a bit by the bonus scenes with the summonable Fayth suggesting that Tidus would continue to exist, but insubstantially.

FFX-2 is a letdown when compared to FFX. If you can get past that it's actually quite a lot of fun. But by rights it shouldn't exist, since the best elements are not taken from FFX yet it wouldn't have been made as a stand alone game.

Shiny
05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
yeah.
That was so profoundly descriptive.

The ending was good because it wasn't all happy rainbows and lollies like so many other game and movie endings. The game did a good job at foreshadowing what was going to happen at the end so it was suitable that it ended the way it did. With that said, Suteki da Na did manage to sour the ending for me.

Arcturys
05-26-2010, 08:44 AM
It was bittersweet. I was shocked by the sad ending initially, and kept waiting for the "surprise - he's alive!" throughout the credits. I had only previously played Final Fantasy VII and IX, and of course we were eventually treated to the happy-ending-after-much-suspenseful-waiting in the latter. There were sad moments in VII as well, but over all the story had a happy ending. So with just those two under my belt at the time I first played X, I was definitely stunned by the ending. "What? That can't seriously be it? He's really just a dream, and is now gone forever?" Yeah, I'm a dude and I got tears in my eyes. I'll admit it. On the one hand, it was more "realistic" I suppose in that stories don't always have happy endings. But then we don't generally play fantasy games in order to experience real world unhappy endings, do we?

Anyway, on the topic of X-2 - since others brought it up - I find myself agreeing mostly with ANGRYWOLF. Almost everyone I've ever met that didn't like X-2 was either a guy, or they didn't even play the game or only played a little bit (i.e., got as far as dress spheres before saying "eff this!"). I'm not saying all guys don't like it, but most people that don't like it seem to be guys.

Anyway, I played thru X-2 twice just to get the perfect ending and - well - I went through more tissues on that one than I did with X. So personally, I loved both games, and have played through them a few times. Unfortunately, I never get the same feeling from the endings as I did the first time, but man I could hardly breathe I was so choked up when I finally got that perfect ending.

And in an effort to avoid spoilage while also defending SE against those that say they ruined X's ending... what's so horrible about being granted a wish? I mean it's a fantasy game after all, and magic abounds. We accept fantastic settings like the blitzball stadium and that people can turn into monsters if they aren't sent to the other side, but it's too hard to accept the fayth could use their immense magical powers to grant Yuna's one wish?

Arcturys
05-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Suteki da Na did manage to sour the ending for me.

Out of curiosity, what about the song bothered you? I'm not trolling, I'm just curious as to why it bothered you. I have mixed feelings myself about some of the music in FFX and FFX-2, and some other games now. Wondering if the reasons I didn't care for it are shared by others.

Rodney
05-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Yes, I did. First one in a while that made me tear up. (7's made zero sense to me, 8's was nice, but a bit expected, 9's was WAY too cheesy.)

PeneloRatsbane
05-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I thought it was the third saddest ending, because at the time I believed that the end of VII was that Holy killed all the humans and that all of the main cast, save for Red XIII were dead. I was left feeling like my heart had been pulled out. Plus i missed the after the credits bit on VIII and thought Squall had died.

So X wasn't as sad as that, but seeing as i had incorrectly interpretted VII's and missed a bit of VIII's, I'd say it was the most upsetting. Good though, good game but i just get bored when i get to the al bhed's camp and didn't want to play anymore

Toni
08-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Seeing Auron go made me cry. It was SO sad. I get teary now, but I cried over him... First game character I cried for... The Boss was the second and Snake was the third. T_T But, on topic, I liked the ending. A lot... I liked the tap that Auron did to Kimahri before he got sent. I REALLY HATED KILLING THE AEONS!! I grew fond of them...

Winter Nights
08-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Pre-credits ending? Yes, very satisfied. Post-credits ending? No, not at all. It cheapened what was a perfectly bittersweet ending.

ScottyRedXIII
08-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Is it bad that I bawled more at Auron leaving than Tidus? :p Although you do get hints that Auron is already dead earlier in the game (during the visit to guadoland). But I think the ending was fitting even if it was sad.

Of course its ok, he's the main reason i keep coming back to the game

blackmage_nuke
08-15-2010, 10:48 AM
I liked the ending, but I wouldve loved it if they played 'prologue' during Yuna's speech at the end

Mirage
08-16-2010, 04:11 AM
That would have been pretty bad, I think.

Haha_YouAint
05-30-2011, 12:52 AM
I got really choked up because I didn't think he would really disappear in the end. Most of the FFs have happy endings so I was really shocked and sad. Especially, when Yuna said "and the dreams that have faded....never forget them."

FFX-2 was alright but it didn't really do X justice. I mean I saw the happy ending I wanted to see but it just could've been so epic had they put more thought into it. Like when I first started playing and they showed "Tidus" in that sphere they found, I was like thinking they were on some Full Metal Alchemist shyt and he was in her world but he was stuck in some other dimension where summoners are still around and they had to go there to get him back. After I found out that it was indeed not Tidus and the story started taking another turn, I kinda felt letdown. I still loved the game and played it like 10 times though.

Edit: I've got a question. In X, there was a sidequest about Dark Aeons. I heard that when you beat them they tell you things afterwards or give you rare rewards or something. But one of them said something about Tidus will forever swim in an ocean after he fades or something along the lines of that, and that was supposed to explain the secret scene at the end of the credits.

Kyros
05-30-2011, 03:32 AM
I pretty much knew it was going to happen and probably would have been more disappointed had it not. Everything in the story said it should happen the way it did so if Square bs'd some way out of it that didnt make sense then I probably would have had more troubles with it. I'm not saying I wanted what happened to Tidus to happen, but if it didnt then imo the ending would not have been what it should have been.

Nebulance
05-30-2011, 11:55 PM
I pretty much knew it was going to happen and probably would have been more disappointed had it not. Everything in the story said it should happen the way it did so if Square bs'd some way out of it that didnt make sense then I probably would have had more troubles with it. I'm not saying I wanted what happened to Tidus to happen, but if it didnt then imo the ending would not have been what it should have been.

I agree -- I think the way it ended was perfect. Sad or not, those emotions were so real and believable. It was very impressive and I think more than any other game I've played, it has had a profound effect on me in much the same way a record by your favorite band would.

And that as they say, is that.

Darth Cid
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Were you happy with the ending of FFX?

Yes.

Topaz Flare
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
The story of FFX was sad all the way through imo, and the ending was no different. I felt sad, but that part after teh credits made me wonder "wtf are they implying?"

Namelessfengir
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
i was bummed by the forced relationship..... cuz frankly i prefer rikku just cuz shes insane and fun.... i wanted to see where the syopa cusatyo scene would end up....

but that aside it was a good ending but x2 while fun pissed me off because of the percentages. i think the best i got was 98% and i wasnt willing to play through a fourth time and finally youtubed the perfect end

Topaz Flare
06-20-2011, 06:02 PM
but that aside it was a good ending but x2 while fun pissed me off because of the percentages. i think the best i got was 98% and i wasnt willing to play through a fourth time and finally youtubed the perfect end

I lost my mind trying to get the perfect ending, I think I missed like 0.1% and I deleted the save and threw the game back into its bloody box!:jess:

Rowan
06-21-2011, 04:04 AM
I loved when Tidus gave Jecht a 'low five' when he was flying through the clouds at the end. That was probably what I enjoyed most about the ending. A pinnacle of the story, when the father accepts his son (vice versa). That made the ending perfect.

willene2011
07-28-2011, 08:26 AM
it's sad:p

BG-57
07-28-2011, 02:45 PM

I lost my mind trying to get the perfect ending, I think I missed like 0.1% and I deleted the save and threw the game back into its bloody box!:jess:

Even with a guide, it's almost impossible to get the perfect ending on the first try, simply because the game registers completion in tenths of a percent but displays it rounded to the nearest whole number.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Even with a guide, it's almost impossible to get the perfect ending on the first try, simply because the game registers completion in tenths of a percent but displays it rounded to the nearest whole number.

Not to mention the guide sold at most game stores has several mistakes and minor details left out. Use gamefaqs, folks!

Hot Shot
08-18-2011, 11:32 AM
One of the best FF endings alongside VI and IX.

Everytime I hear Yuna say I love you, it makes me so sad. And when Tidus apologises to her :cry:

Christmas
08-18-2011, 04:11 PM
One of the best ending ever! It promotes jumping off airship as a sport! I actually tried that last week! It was so fun. The landing part hurts a bit though! :bigsmile:

WhiteStorm
11-14-2011, 07:22 PM
FFX had the best ending of any FF game. It was different, it was sad and perfect... They were thousands years apart, so it was just fitting that he ceased to exist. I still don't understand why the need to make FFX-2. Yuna could have gone to see Tidus in the Farplane any time she wanted, right?

Bolivar
11-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Devastating, dude. The most emotionally powerful ending in FF to me. And I like a lot of the series endings.

Big D
12-06-2011, 06:21 AM
I loved when Tidus gave Jecht a 'low five' when he was flying through the clouds at the end. That was probably what I enjoyed most about the ending. A pinnacle of the story, when the father accepts his son (vice versa). That made the ending perfect.This. FFX's ending is strong throughout, but Tidus accepting his 'death' and then reconciling with his father is one of the best moments.
The story of FFX was sad all the way through imo, and the ending was no different. I felt sad, but that part after teh credits made me wonder "wtf are they implying?" Not sure which version of the game you played (PAL or NTSC), but if you beat the Dark Aeons in the PAL version, then revisit the Fayth in the temples, you get some hints about this. Shiva actually explains to Tidus that, once everything's over, they'll give him a gift - a dream of an ocean where he can swim forever.

DMKA
12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
It's probably got my favorite ending of any of the FF games. I thought it was perfect.

Laddy
12-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Yes. Tidus leaves.

Goldenboko
12-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I liked it so much I consider X-2 to be non-cannon :)

DMKA
12-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Yes. Tidus leaves.
ba-dum-tsh

chionos
12-13-2011, 11:33 PM
It's certainly the most unique of all the endings. The Father/Son theme was overdone at points in the game, but all in all FFX really pulled off something special.

Meltdown
12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
The music and visuals were just sombrely stunning and it really brought the whole story to a close, with Yuna resolving to never forget the people and friends she has lost... ***fast forward two years*** :[

TrollHunter
12-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Most emotionally powerful ending to a FF game I've ever seen.
It ended perfectly to me.

Laddy
12-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Yes. Tidus leaves.
ba-dum-tshNo. That's not a joke. I hated that fucker.

chionos
12-20-2011, 05:54 AM
I blame the laugh.

Laddy
12-21-2011, 12:22 AM
No, he was a whiny, shallow, self-righteous, stupid, unsympathetic douchebag whose daddy issues were seen as a better basis for a protagonist than the person who actually saved the world.

ScottyRedXIII
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Fan of Spoony then Laddy? lol

Laddy
12-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Fan of Spoony then Laddy? lolYes, but I actually enjoyed the game, I just always hated him.

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2011, 02:50 PM
I think Tidus is one of the best FF protagonists of all time. And the laughing scene was great. Especially the Japanese version where it sounds like they just released a crow into the recording studio.

Pete for President
12-24-2011, 01:33 PM
I think Tidus is one of the best FF protagonists of all time. And the laughing scene was great. Especially the Japanese version where it sounds like they just released a crow into the recording studio.

I should check out the Japanese version sometime.

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2011, 05:26 PM
FFX: Undub - 22 "Laughing scene" (Japanese) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/mAgVjH9V9Ps?t=7m25s)

Pete for President
12-24-2011, 09:28 PM
FFX: Undub - 22 "Laughing scene" (Japanese) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/mAgVjH9V9Ps?t=7m25s)

That does sound like a bunch of crows :shifty:

ScottyRedXIII
12-24-2011, 11:02 PM
think i would have preferred that laugh to the English dubbed one : /

Shiny
12-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I was alright with it up until Suketi Da Ne started playing. I cannot stand high pitched Asian female singers.

Old Manus
12-29-2011, 09:47 PM
I cannot stand high pitched Asian female singers.Christ, I thought I was the only one

Silent Warrior
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Add me to that list...

As for the cutscene, I do believe I felt that was one of the absolute best parts of FFX. SATISFACTION!

Darylisgogo
01-10-2012, 05:54 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Ok. I am a little foggy on the ending, but I do remember the basics of it. I just started this game again a week ago, and I am trying to get the sphere grid full and all the sidequest 100% complete, but i am near the end, so it is still fresh on my mind. One thing I can say is it would have been deeper and had a much more powerful of an impact on me if Yuna would have died.

Okay I know a lot of ppl who read this is going like "wtf?" right about now, but let me explain. I never cared for Tidus too much, partially because the English voice actor sounded obnoxiously annoying, especially in battles. He was never that likable of a character but the whole "he's just a fayth's dream" I never understood or cared for that explanation. It just didn't make sense to me. He keeps saying near the end "This is my story" since when silly? You're just one of Yuna's guardians. Of course he's the narrator, but for him to say that out loud to the rest of the party was just ridiculous. If it's anyone's story then it would be Yuna's story. I didn't mind Tidus fading away because I didn't even like the character to begin with.

On the first time through the game you keep thinking she is going to die and the closer you get to Zanarkan the sadder it gets and the music on top of it is just a tear jerker as you know its inevitable, but then the impossible happens and Tidus is just a dream since the beginning and Yuna doesn't have to make a sacrifice after all.

I actually grew to like Yuna and understand her character. It made me sad when I thought she was about to die. If it would have happened i might have cried, and that's why I think it would have been a better ending if she did make the ultimate sacrifice for the good of Spira. It would have been bitter-sweet, heart breaking and yet perfect imo. I know most will disagree, but I'm a sucker for sad endings and FFX's ending could have been so much better.

Jiro
01-10-2012, 06:22 PM
That certainly makes a lot of sense, but it does require you to feel nothing positive towards Tidus :p They could/should have played both angles and just had Yuna die anyway, which would have been a double whammy and everyone would have gotten an emotional ending. Unless they hated both characters in which case the emotion is laughter/joy.

G13
01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I really enjoy sad endings as well, but if Yuna had died, then, as the cycle goes, Sin would remain, which means Tidus would remain, and then look where we'd be. :irked:

crazybayman
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
because the English voice actor sounded obnoxiously annoying, especially in battles.

"SEYMOUR!!!!"

Though despite the minor irritations, I personally did like Tidus. And I found the ending to be pretty emotional.

But yeah, having Yuna die would have certainly been even more emotional. But then there wouldn't have been X-2.......wait a minute, that WOULD have been perfect. :kakapo:

Silent Warrior
01-24-2012, 04:14 PM
G13: FFX...-3? OMG, TEH HORR0RRR!!

crazybayman: Hey, didn't see your post until I'd written my above masterpiece. I agree, though what made me want to do brutal things to Tidus was the cutscene before smacking Yunalesca. ("But I want everything!")

Renmiri
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
No, he was a whiny, shallow, self-righteous, stupid, unsympathetic douchebag whose daddy issues were seen as a better basis for a protagonist than the person who actually saved the world.
Wow, you and I see the character so differently! I really fail to see why you find him a douchebag, shallow, unsympathetic.

If you want to get a measure of his character, remember the Luca Blitzball tournament: He is an extremely skilled athlete that has just made a tremendous difference in the team's performance, practically winning the game for them. Instead of basking in a justified public admiration he leaves and gives the chance for spotlight to Wakka, a guy he has barely met, and a guy who has been losing games for years, and who had nothing to do with their victory in the current game. Tidus leaves the field and let Wakka finally get the appreciation he has craved for so long. "It was his time to shine" he says. How many famous athletes / actors would do that for a perfect stranger ?

That scene alone proves he is a sensitive, decent guy who was sympathetic to Wakka's plea of wanting to retire from blitzball with a victory. Not only he helped the team achieve the victory but he made sure Wakka got all the credit and respect. A selfless generous act that shows a lot of character. Shallow ? What shallow person would let another take his spotlight ? Unsympathetic ? His selfless act then and there proved he is anything but.

After that scene, I was a Tidus fan, no matter how many whinny scenes came after. To me anyone plucked from their world and put on a world so different would freak out. His whining was him being human and not a cardboard hero that never has any doubts or feelings.

Ya he was self righteous and stupid sometimes. But he was right! It was stupid to care for Yevon's religious traditions while Yuna could be in danger. It was stupid to sacrifice a summoner every time Bevelle wanted a reprieve from Sin. The entire society revolved about a lie and Tidus had no sympathy for that lie. But if Tidus didn't rebel against that, would Yuna have rebelled ? To me his self righteousness encouraged her to examine her traditions and her faith in Yevon / Bevelle's crap. Without him clinging to his own view of what was right and what was important - keep Yuna alive while still defeating Sin - we would have had just another dead summoner and the cycle would have never been broken.

Also, his willingness to sacrifice himself did not just come out of the blue to a lousy character. It fits integrally to the type of person we see him being. Again I bring you to the Luca Stadium scene. He sacrificed himself there, to give Wakka the retirement exit he wanted. From the start of the game Tidus is selfless, sacrifices himself and puts himself in danger for others. It iis no wonder he does the ultimate sacrifice at the end. He could do no less. He feels their pain.. You can see how much he feels it when he stupidly throws himself in the ocean after Sin, in pain and rage after seeing all the death after the Mir-hen operation. Smart ? no. Shallow ? Anything but. Unsympathetic ? Who throws themselves at a gargantuan monster, because of dead people he / she has no sympathy for ? Tidus had no sympathy for Bevelle's/ yevon crap of a religion but he cared a lot for Spira's people. He "died" for them, people he never met, not from his world. How many would do that for strangers in a far away land ?

I have also always admired the fact the he was humble and friendly, in spite of being a sports idol, a big star, in his own world, the "Michael Jordan" or "Tim Tebow" of blitzball. Most star athletes are self centered entitled douchebags and act like Tracy Morgan of 30 Rock, but not Tidus. He humbly helps Wakka and Yunna and has no need for a star's entourage and the flattery that goes with it. He believes he has woken up 1,000 years into his future and freaks out - as any of us would - but still manages to be helpful and sympathetic to the people of this strange world he has been thrown in. He feels their pain, even though they are not from his time and he doesn't know them. He doesn't just get a ride with them to Zanarkand to resolve HIS problem. He actually helps those people in any way he can. He never thinks about getting back to being a famous blitzer, or about taking the Aurochs from Wakka. He joins Wakka's group and never makes any attempt at stealing the spotlight from Wakka or Yuna.

Rianoa
01-29-2012, 12:01 PM
It has my favourite ending from all the Final Fantasy's I have played, It's sad but I don't think it would be as good if it had a happy ending.

Griever731
03-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Just recently replayed this game. My love for it has been intensified XD The ending got me again, lump in the throat even though I fought it! Definitely one of my favourite endings in the series and one of my favourite installments. Loved pretty much every minute of it time and time again.

Simen
03-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm currently playing through it now myself, and yes I'm enjoying the game too. Always wanna grap some snacks and drink some coke and really enjoy myself everytime I turn it on. :cool:

Wow, you and I see the character so differently! I really fail to see why you find him a douchebag, shallow, unsympathetic.

If you want to get a measure of his character, remember the Luca Blitzball tournament: He is an extremely skilled athlete that has just made a tremendous difference in the team's performance, practically winning the game for them. Instead of basking in a justified public admiration he leaves and gives the chance for spotlight to Wakka, a guy he has barely met, and a guy who has been losing games for years, and who had nothing to do with their victory in the current game. Tidus leaves the field and let Wakka finally get the appreciation he has craved for so long. "It was his time to shine" he says. How many famous athletes / actors would do that for a perfect stranger ?

That scene alone proves he is a sensitive, decent guy who was sympathetic to Wakka's plea of wanting to retire from blitzball with a victory. Not only he helped the team achieve the victory but he made sure Wakka got all the credit and respect. A selfless generous act that shows a lot of character. Shallow ? What shallow person would let another take his spotlight ? Unsympathetic ? His selfless act then and there proved he is anything but.

After that scene, I was a Tidus fan, no matter how many whinny scenes came after. To me anyone plucked from their world and put on a world so different would freak out. His whining was him being human and not a cardboard hero that never has any doubts or feelings.

I totally agree with you here!