PDA

View Full Version : Hey, let's fly around in our hubba-bubba sponsered ship

Fonzie
03-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Did anyone really enjoy flying in these things?

In both games I found my eyes and fingers screaming with rage when I had to fly in these things just so I could participate in other worlds. Usually, I'd give the controller to my little sister and let her play through it until she finished it while I went and ate or something. :p

Also, another question, did anyone really take the time to customize their ships? I mostly was too lazy and just used the standard model. :cool:

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Anything besides the pure KH storyline and FF related things in this game was wasted on me.

Let's hope Monda doesn't see this, but I didn't really care for the disney stuff either.

Freya
03-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I'd make my brother play the ship thing. It wasn't my cup o' tea and he liked it.

Also no, I didn't customize it much.

Ouch!
03-23-2010, 12:59 AM
The second one is much, much better, but you have to put a bit of time in it before it becomes any fun. Once you start getting bonuses to your ship, it's pretty slick, though.

Vermachtnis
03-23-2010, 01:06 AM
I...REGRET...NOTHING! (http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-010509.php)

Tavrobel
03-23-2010, 01:30 AM
I shall make my Gummi Ship a hollow square.

Jiro
03-23-2010, 02:58 AM
The gummi ship sections in KHII burned my eyes. I don't think you can play that game if you have epilepsy

P4ine
03-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Never have, never will

e: unless it becomes like Lylat Wars and Donald and Goofy get their own ships. That would be awesome.

Tavrobel
03-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Well, in KHII, your main ship can be accompanied by up to two wingman-type ships. You don't control them, but they always fire when you fire, and what's even better, is that you don't have to worry about them flying into you because there's no all-range mode!

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 01:23 AM
I HATED this part of the game. I would have enjoyed it so much better if they would have made it like Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask where you simply leave the town and bam, you're in a field and you have access to a horse where you can just travel from place to place. While it was time consuming, there were random enemies and opportunities to find rupees and other such items on your travels, so that always helped keep it interesting.

Gummi ship thing? Trying too hard to be like Star Fox 64 imho.

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Pretend that you're in a galaxy far, far away! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J1Thg7l1BU)

Xaven
03-24-2010, 08:53 AM
I thought the gummy stages were fun! They were a nice distraction when putting off starting another world~

Eeee, that's what I did! A giant green cube! xD Only, it had all its lasers and fire gummies hidden on the inside! Trojan cube~

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I hated the gummi ship of KH1, it felt so slow and it was annoying and stupid. The Gummi ship of KH2 was a little more fun because it was slightly faster paced. Not that I ever went back and did the stupid challenges though!

P4ine
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Trying too hard to be like Star Fox 64 imho.
TOO LESS

But yeah, these twin-like partners the ship sometimes had were cool.

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
The Gummi ship of KH2 was a little more fun because it was slightly faster paced. Not that I ever went back and did the stupid challenges though!
I earned the best rank on a few of the challenges, but I realized that, in order to achieve the best rank on others, I'd need to upgrade one of my ships, because none of them were powerful enough to kill certain enemies quickly enough. Maybe I would have eventually been rewarded better ships in later stages. I don't know, and I wasn't very good at customizing my ships in KHII.

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh I hated those things too with a bloody passion... I couldn't care less on creating those things... You were lucky that you had someone to give the controller to.. I suffered every time I have to traverse to another world..

What made S.E think that people like these things... I have yet to meet anyone who liked it having them... :P

Marshall Banana
03-24-2010, 06:10 PM
I have yet to meet anyone who liked it having them... :P
:omghey:

Mercen-X
03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I...REGRET...NOTHING! (http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-010509.php)
YES!

I once flew a Gummi Ship I called the Black Box. As you can guess, it was a tiny black cube with all of the major components hidden inside. By all the major components, I mean the Cockpit and Engine.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask where you simply leave the town and bam, you're in a field and you have access to a horse where you can just travel from place to place.
This was my thought. Which is why (apart from numerous other reasons) I began working on my own (completely corrupted) version of Kingdom Hearts with art by Jirito.

Pretend that you're in a galaxy far, far away! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J1Thg7l1BU)
YES!

I have yet to meet anyone who liked it having them... :P
:omghey:I play! :hyper::squee: