PDA

View Full Version : What did the various FF parties talk about?

Goldenboko
03-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I always imagined that some of the journeys on the world map, or through certain areas (such as the Mi'hen Highroad in FFX or through the Estersands in FFXII) took much longer than the 3 minutes it took you to breeze through them. That in game time, it took hours and/or days to get through certain areas, in which characters would have conversations not relevant enough (or not practical) to make it into the games. What do you think some of them are?

FFI: This is the one game where I couldn't imagine my hero's speaking. Conversations were as follows.

...Booyah!

FFIV: I always like to think that there was ridiculous amounts of Rydia getting hit on, by everyone. That and conversations about the epicness of Cid's beard.

Dammit Cecil, why can't you grow a real beard?

FFVI: I used to imagine Gogo writing down that s/he took a vow of silence and then the party members trying to goad and trick her into accidentally speaking!

FFVIII: Bottom quote says it all.

Just... leave me alone.

FFX: Tidus would often question Wakka on his amazing Gel wielding hair skilllz.

PeneloRatsbane
03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
I think In 12 the conversation would be on the inevitable orgy that was waiting to happen

crono_logical
03-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Would certainly be interesting if there was something in Final Fantasy similar to the skits you get in Tales games - although you're not required to view them to understand or progress the story, it's a nice way to flesh out story details and the characters themselves, and there are even more pointless scenes of the characters messing about just for the sake of it, like random comments on each other's cooking skills :p

Jiro
03-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Would certainly be interesting if there was something in Final Fantasy similar to the skits you get in Tales games

Yes! I always love watching these. And it just adds that little bit more authenticity. Characters are bound to bicker or play pranks or laugh or whatever on a journey around the world.

Xaven
03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Man, if FF games had skits, I'd be a very happy boy. It seems like they would've fit really well with FFX, thought not so much with a game like FFXII. Oh, now you have me thinking!

Such an idea is tangential to novelization, is it not? What would novelization of a Final Fantasy game be like? I wonder if it would focus on the world and the central plot as a whole, or on the party? Or a narrative from Tidus's perspective? Wow, that's too much to think about. I wonder if it'd sell as well as things like MtG and Warcraft novelizations (that is, not well at all, but still enough to warrant existence).

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Quina and Vivi had long talks on their new life together as newlyweds. :bigsmile:

No.78
04-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Don't be silly, the FFI characters don't have vocal chords.