PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who couldn't really get into this game? :/

Fonzie
03-23-2010, 12:53 AM
It felt just so... broken I guess. Like it was made within 6 months and was hyped solely on the fact that fangirl-esque Final Fantasy characters were in it(ie. Cloud). The story was bad and I didn't really want to play any characters besides Squall and Cloud.

Does anyone else feel the same way as I do or, like, am I by myself?

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2010, 03:53 AM
I've only just started it despite buying it months ago. I'm really liking it! Of course I didn't go into it expecting a very deep plot like any other Final Fantasy, so my hopes weren't crushed.

P4ine
03-23-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll be honest: Except for the fights, the characters' design and the music, everything about the game sucks.
But I still like to play it once in a while. You know, the music.

black orb
03-24-2010, 04:46 PM
>>> Dissidia is for old school FF fanboys..:luca:

Mercen-X
03-24-2010, 05:51 PM
>>> Dissidia is for old school FF fanboys..:luca:

Truoots.

I need a new PSP. I've been missing so many bonus days and play hours because I can't play the game with my screen fractured, my head starts to invert.

RedPouch
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
The story was bad and I didn't really want to play any characters besides Squall and Cloud.

I'll be honest: Except for the fights, the characters' design and the music, everything about the game sucks.
Nobody ever gets a fighting game for its story purposes. I wasn't expecting a good story to begin with, and that really wasn't the main focus. The majority of the player's time will be spent in a customized Quick Battle and the Duel Colosseum, so the fights/characters/etc are all that need to be good.

I've only just started it despite buying it months ago. I'm really liking it! Of course I didn't go into it expecting a very deep plot like any other Final Fantasy, so my hopes weren't crushed.
Same here.

Forsaken Lover
03-30-2010, 06:10 AM
This game ruined a lot of characters. It's best to forget it.

Hot Shot
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Well you listed everything that matters in this game. Admittedly, the story wasn't that great, but for a fighting game, it was actually done really well. And the best part is definantely playing with your friends (well I'm guessing, because my psp broke before my friend got his, so i have to wait until i can get another one). But all-in-all, this is a great fighting game. Personally, this is the best fighting game because of character customisation and amazing gameplay. The only flaw I would say is that they could have put in more charcter.

qwertysaur
04-03-2010, 08:56 PM
It's fun to play with every once in a while :p

Zeromus_X
04-09-2010, 08:44 PM
This game was kind of a let down. I mean, it was fun to play with friends and all, and it was nice to see so many characters in one game, but the overall gameplay gets stale fast. I can't claim to be any good at the game, but seems like every round is who can build up enough brave to unleash their super attack for a OHKO first. All of the grinding required to build up the characters you want to play with is pretty boring too.

Well, all the music remixes were really nice at least.

Del Murder
04-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm having fun going through each character's storyline and getting 100% completion on their play through. It's cool because as soon as I get bored with a character I can move on to the next one with a whole new set of attacks. I think once I'm done with all the story missions I'll be done with this game. I don't really have the desire to grind out a level 100 character to battle others with.

Maybe the storylines are lame but I'm enjoying playing as these old school characters again. And like others have said the music rocks.

Mo-Nercy
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
If you put it alongside other games in the fighting genre, the story is pretty developed. At least it's not just "rargh! I don't like you because you beat me before! Let's fight!"

And the complaint that it gets repetitive and boring can be said for all fighting games if that's not really the type of game you enjoy playing. Other fighting games pretty much just have an arcade mode, a versus mode and a survival mode and people like me can play 'em for years. The inclusion of RPG-esqe elements like levelling up and upgrading weapons in Dissidia goes beyond the call of duty in terms of what I come to expect from a fighting game, if you ask me.

RedPouch
04-10-2010, 11:06 PM
If you put it alongside other games in the fighting genre, the story is pretty developed. At least it's not just "rargh! I don't like you because you beat me before! Let's fight!"

And the complaint that it gets repetitive and boring can be said for all fighting games if that's not really the type of game you enjoy playing. Other fighting games pretty much just have an arcade mode, a versus mode and a survival mode and people like me can play 'em for years. The inclusion of RPG-esqe elements like levelling up and upgrading weapons in Dissidia goes beyond the call of duty in terms of what I come to expect from a fighting game, if you ask me.
This is my position as well. Considering the fact that it's a fighting game, the story is pretty good. In comparison to actual RPG's, the story sucks. However, I think it needs to be evaluated for what it is [a fighting game], not for something that it isn't [it's not an RPG].

No.78
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't understand the story complaints. If you get a game like this you're not buying it for the story! Any story is just an added bonus, it's non canon anyway so it doesn't even matter.

I wish I had this game. /sigh

Leonknight
04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Exactly, fighting games are not meant for the story at all, its just meant for the action. This game has so much added bonuses to basic fighting games that makes it even surpass Soul Caliber and Tekken in my opinion <<; The character design's were perfect, even though some got changed a tiny bit. Hell even the voice acting was good!

so yea Exdeath-4-lyfe!!!

ReloadPsi
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I couldn't get into it either. You spend the whole game dodging and being dodged. Very repetitive.

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2010, 05:54 AM
I think my favorite thing about this is just the fact that it's on the PSP. When I've got five incredibly boring minutes that I need to kill I can just whip it out and beat up some fools. So far I'm having the most fun fighting as Ultimecia. I have yet to try Shantotto or any of the other villains besides Jecht and Gabranth.

Forsaken Lover
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I play Tekken because I like the fighting and the story. Just want to put that out there.

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2010, 03:16 AM
While I like what story Tekken has, it's not very developed; most of it is behind the scenes.

Mo-Nercy
05-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah, the in-game story is often weak in Tekken. You fight 6 randoms, a sub-boss who is usually someone your character doesn't like (Hwoarang to Jin), always gets it the way off (Kazuya to Lee), or is best friends with (Law to Paul), the boss of the Mishima Zaibatsu (Jin, Kazuya or Heihachi.. might be Lars for T7) and some big, annoying freak. The endings are more often funny than informative and you'll only learn more about the characters in the prologue of the story mode in the next game.

With Dissidia, it was nice to have cutscenes in between the fights. Though cheesy and lame sometimes, it was still a positive addition.

black orb
05-14-2010, 03:37 AM
I couldn't get into it either. You spend the whole game dodging and being dodged. Very repetitive.
>>> Yeah that was annoying, but in defense of this game I must say that this is the only videogame that has given me 300+ hours of gameplay before I get totally sick of it..:luca: