PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite console of all time?

Lawr
03-23-2010, 01:40 AM
and why?

It's like a three-way tie between SNES, PSX, and PS2 for me. My favorite games of all time are almost evenly dispersed between those three!

VeloZer0
03-23-2010, 01:58 AM
In terms of games that are my absolute favorites I would go with PSX, but SNES has more games that I like total. I'm going to go with SNES despite the fact that my top three games are on the PSX.

Raistlin
03-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Considering the backwards compatibility of the PS2, I have to go with it.

Taking that out... I'd probably have to go with PS1, considering it has my favorite games ever on it (Suikoden I-II, Lunar SSSC, FFT).

NorthernChaosGod
03-23-2010, 04:40 AM
Hard to choose, it's a tie between the SNES or the PSX. They both had such a large number of awesome games that it's really hard to decide on one or the other.

My favorite game (Xenogears) is on the PSX, my second and third (Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World) on SNES.

Yeargdribble
03-23-2010, 05:27 AM
It's probably cheating, but PC has given me the most fantastic gaming experiences. I really loved my NES and SNES if it has to be a full console, but I think the DS rides really high on the list. With an R4 my DS has probably gotten the most attention I can imagine in recent history.

PS2 gets on honorable mention considering it was the hugest thing of its generation and it was essentially a PS1. If my PS3 Slim had BC then it would probably have topped the chart simply for being so versatile.

Pheesh
03-23-2010, 06:01 AM
I have to go with PS2, mainly because it has both Kingdom Hearts games, and FFX.

Vermachtnis
03-23-2010, 06:15 AM
DS by far. Everything awesome has been remade or ported to it or the GBA, which the DS can play. Plus it gets really awesome new stuff, like Strange Journey coming out today or tomorrow.

Rocket Edge
03-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Tie between the PS1 & PS2.

Dreddz
03-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Dreamcast. The fact that it gave birth to the only good 3D Sonic game is reason enough. Adding Shenmue on top of that seals the deal.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll always have fond memories of Nintendo(R) (NES) Zelda original, Mario 1, castle besieging game. Awesome.

Mo-Nercy
03-23-2010, 04:09 PM
PSP!

It plays PSP games, yes, but it also can also emulate PSX games and everything of equal or worse graphical quality. I've replayed some of my favourite SNES games and all the mainstream Final Fantasys up to IX on it.

It goes online, stores my tunes, displays photos and plays videos. I can even set my XMB wallpaper to a picture of a naked girl.

Bolivar
03-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Well if you guys want to bring in Backwards Compatibility then for me it has to be my PS3. It's BC with PS2 and PS1 games, but I have linux running NES, SNES, and Genesis emulators, I really don't think there's anything that can top that.

Rantz
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
DS and PS2 for me.

Croyles
03-23-2010, 08:34 PM
For the impact it had on me during those times it would be a close call between the SNES and the PS2 probably.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Well if you guys want to bring in Backwards Compatibility then for me it has to be my PS3. It's BC with PS2 and PS1 games, but I have linux running NES, SNES, and Genesis emulators, I really don't think there's anything that can top that.

I don't know, running NES emulators doesn't really emulate the real experience that the NES offers. Picking out a game that is as large as a dvd case, blowing on it excessively, putting it in, blowing again, repeat process, then finally play the game on a controller that was wonderfully simple.

I loved it.

I Took the Red Pill
03-24-2010, 12:36 AM
I think it'd have to be PS1.

Jiro
03-24-2010, 04:04 AM
I can't decide between the DS and the PS2. Both have great games in their own right, and they also have backwards compatibility with some of my favourite games of all time. If I had to choose, I would go PS2 purely for the sheer amount of time I've invested into it. GBA/DS games are just shorter D:

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 04:08 AM
Depends on the conditions. If you where to limit to "no backwards compatibility." the answer would be PS1, I played that system a lot, it has a lot of my favorite games on it, Tony Hawk 1, the Second Generation FF's, etc. If you count backwards compatibility than PS2, because it had everything PS1 had with PS2 benefits.

Lightening
03-24-2010, 04:09 AM
My PS3 is the best. it can play PS1, PS2, PS3, DVD's and Blu Ray. It's got PSN, Trophies and I can check out what games my contacts are playing.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 04:38 AM
Definitely the PS2! 90% of my most played games are on this console. I even traded my brother my Wii for it so I could take it to college with me xD

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 04:52 AM
For me, it's too hard to pick just one. I've owned an NES, SNES, N64, GBA, DS, Gamecube, Wii, PS2, and 360, and I like all of them for their own reasons. However, the Wii is the one I got the least enjoyment out of, simply because my game library on that console was limited. I think if I had the proper game library, I could enjoy it more.

My absolute favorite thus far though, would be SNES, because that system introduced me to Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.

Lawr
03-24-2010, 04:59 AM
My absolute favorite thus far though, would be SNES, because that system introduced me to Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.

Hmmm well I was going to agree with you completely but I just realized PSX introduced me to Final Fantasy and Chrono Cross. I'm too tired!

Although if we bring backwards compatibility into this then I'd have to go with PS2 or PS3 (I've never owned a PS3 though.)

And I think we'd have our winrar.zip if we introduced the PC! PC as in piracy.

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 09:39 AM
My PS3 is the best. it can play PS1, PS2, PS3, DVD's and Blu Ray. It's got PSN, Trophies and I can check out what games my contacts are playing.

You actually like trophies? :Oo:

Zeldy
03-24-2010, 10:26 AM
What am I doing on this forum!? I'm a complete Nintendo fangirl.

I'm between the Gamecube and N64; the n64 has Zelda, Conker's bad fur day, Super Mario 64, Mario kart 64, Supersmash bros..

The Gamecube has Phantasy Star Online, Tales of Symphonia, and can also play the Zelda games... Hmmm, decisions!

Imperfectionist
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I think it has to be PS2 by far, we've had such good times together :love: If PS3 had backwards compatability i'd probably choose that though.

DS is cool but not excellent. I love my N64 and would never let go of it, but I think that's just because of nostalgic reasons, same with my Gamboy. I thought the Gamecube was pretty awesome as well (Super Mario Sunshine and Pikmin!) but it just couldn't top my beloved PS2.

Rodarian
03-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Now as much I consider snes and 64 to be my beloved..

My hearts desire goes to PS2... For one thing I bought it out of my own hard earned cash as with the rest of the games there after...Plus with its backwards compatibility status.. I could also with some of the classic PSX titles....

My next aim is to own a a PS3 inshallah...

Rase
03-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Nintendo DS.

FFIV (GBA and DS)
FFVI
Pokemon (Soul Silver and Fire Red)
Castlevania games (GBA and DS)
Etrian Odyssey series
Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan series
Advance Wars series
Professor Layton series

... and a hell of a lot more. Portable.

I think the DS has barely edged over the SNES in the past year for me. While I certainly still have fuzzy memories of my SNES and there are games that just haven't been replicated well for the DS (Yoshi's Island, Contra, etc), I still have to give it up for Nintendo's handheld money printer.