PDA

View Full Version : Social Networking Site Applications

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 03:22 AM
I think everyone knows what I mean when I say: Farmville Addicts.

When I first joined Facebook, I told myself I wasn't going to join any applications because I had my real video games to play on my PS2 and my DS. However, a friend requested that I join her in playing Pet Society. Against my better judgement, I accepted, and fell in love with how adorable the game seemed to be. Since then, I've also added Restaurant City (my biggest addiction ever, though I've been playing it in spurts lately, cause I've been quite busy), Country Story, even the infamous Farmville and Farmtown. However, I quickly lost interest in most of those, and so now the only application I really play anymore is Restaurant City, because it's actually quite challenging, which is part of the novelty, I believe.

Subject: Are you an addict, or one of the ones exasperated by the destruction of your wall due to others (like me :greenie:) spamming it up with app announcements (I PLUNGED 50,000 TOILETS HERE'S 1,000 GOLD FOR MY FRIENDS BECAUSE I'M SO COOL)? Or, are you one of those that stays away from Social Networking Sites altogether?

Bunny
03-23-2010, 03:32 AM
I am mostly interested in the initial presentation and the continued development of Facebook games. I have played roughly 35-40 of them and continue to invest time in new ones to see how the field is expanding. At one point, I considered it research because a friend and I were developing our own browser-based RPG with a Facebook release planned, but I think those plans hit a roadstop when both of us got bored. We might pick it up sometime very soon though.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 03:40 AM
I'm fairly high leveled in Farmville. I like collecting the cute animals. I'm also fairly high leveled in Restaurant City, which is also super cute.

I block every other application.

Jiro
03-23-2010, 03:42 AM
I started playing them a little and then just got really bored. Probably because I don't visit Facebook that often. If I want to talk to people, I'll come here. If I want to play games, I'll play my consoles.

NorthernChaosGod
03-23-2010, 04:59 AM
I block nearly any app that I see, the only ones I haven't are simple ones that don't required extended effort like a typing skill one that I checked out once.

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 06:09 AM
I am mostly interested in the initial presentation and the continued development of Facebook games. I have played roughly 35-40 of them and continue to invest time in new ones to see how the field is expanding. At one point, I considered it research because a friend and I were developing our own browser-based RPG with a Facebook release planned, but I think those plans hit a roadstop when both of us got bored. We might pick it up sometime very soon though.

That's pretty neat. I've noticed a lot of changes in some of the apps since I started playing, and I'm quite impressed. There's still a lot of work to be done on some before they're awesome by my standards, but I'm still pretty impressed with the results.

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2010, 04:48 PM
I block most of them. I wish people would stop giving me e-hamburgers ._.

Freya
03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I did have a high farmville thing but now I'm on cafe world. I send bunny things all the time, I don't think he appreciates it.

I Took the Red Pill
03-24-2010, 12:39 AM
I hate them with a passion and have them all hidden on my facebook, however I respect the person who made Farmville/Mafia Wars/Cafe Frenzy/WTFever because they are filthy fucking rich at this point.

Zeldy
03-24-2010, 12:42 AM
My friend was so obsessed with Farmville that she wasn't content with just having her own farm, but insisted that I got one so that she could look after that too. I cried tears of embarrassment when I saw that my face book wall was full of "AMY JUST WENT UP A LEVEL ON FARMVILLE'.

When I told her to hide every trace!

~*~Celes~*~
03-24-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm guilty of asking people to add them so that they could help me out :(They never did, and now I feel completely embarassed for even asking xD

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 01:58 AM
No on both accounts. The only thing I have to do with farmville stuff kind of applications is making fun of some of the word doubleplay. :)

I only have 30 friends ( :'[ ), so my wall isn't spammed up either.

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 02:01 AM
I have absolutely refused to get myself dragged into those things. Probably because I've seen my dad loser employees talk about how they had "100,000 bucks" on one of them and I really don't strive to be anything like them xD

Cuchulainn
03-24-2010, 02:09 AM
I hate Farmville, Mafia Wars, that fish thing, that other thing. I hate wankers that play it & invite me every 2 fucking seconds. I hate my Facebook status & activity list being raped by fucking Farmville status updates or Marfiawar twats asking for chop shops or points.

fuck you all.

Momiji
03-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Absolutely not. Whenever someone invites me to those silly apps, I always click 'deny'. It isn't always because I find them kind of boring, but it's also because I'd find one I do like and end up playing it all the time, when I never sign on to Facebook or Myspace to begin with! :p

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 04:28 AM
Back when I used myspace I had to stop going on my friends' profiles because they didn't know how to pick which ones went on their page and which ones didn't. Or they just wanted them all on there. It was bad enough when they had the usual annoying stuff, but with the apps on top of that it was just too much. I eventually stopped going altogether because my friends stopped communicating and only used it for apps and bulletin surveys ;_;

Mirage
03-24-2010, 04:36 AM
I hate them all, and especially when they flood my news feed. I block them as soon as I see them.

Lawr
03-24-2010, 04:42 AM
I hate Farmville, Mafia Wars, that fish thing, that other thing. I hate wankers that play it & invite me every 2 smurfing seconds. I hate my Facebook status & activity list being raped by smurfing Farmville status updates or Marfiawar twats asking for chop shops or points.

smurf you all.

There were filters around all of this, but I guess when the Facebook developers changed to this "new" Facebook they decided that filters were just not cool or something. Not only for games but also people BECOMING A FAN of the most random things!

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2010, 04:50 AM
There were filters around all of this, but I guess when the Facebook developers changed to this "new" Facebook they decided that filters were just not cool or something. Not only for games but also people BECOMING A FAN of the most random things!

I have a friend who just adds whatever her friends add. Once she added "I hate it when people send me texts that just say 'k'" and then turned around and did that to me >:I

Shlup
03-24-2010, 05:58 AM
I hate Farmville, Mafia Wars, that fish thing, that other thing. I hate wankers that play it & invite me every 2 smurfing seconds. I hate my Facebook status & activity list being raped by smurfing Farmville status updates or Marfiawar twats asking for chop shops or points.

smurf you all.

Maybe if you took half a second to actually look at it you'd be able to find the "block" and "hide" buttons and you would never see any of those again.

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I THINK YOU SHOULD ALL ADD ME ON FACEBOOK.

Cuchulainn
03-24-2010, 12:18 PM

You're a decent sod I'll add u. I onbly got like 3 ppl from EOFF added....3 have since been banned.

Maybe if you took half a second to actually look at it you'd be able to find the "block" and "hide" buttons and you would never see any of those again.

That all stinks of effort.

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Besides, you'd miss the occasional news feed of:

"*insert girls name* needs someone to help fertilize her crops."

Oh, you do, do you? :D

Slothy
03-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I hate them with a passion and have them all hidden on my facebook, however I respect the person who made Farmville/Mafia Wars/Cafe Frenzy/WTFever because they are filthy smurfing rich at this point.

Like you I hate these games with a passion, but I can't even respect the people who've made them because I outright disagree with how they make some of their design choices, and am actually morally opposed to a lot of the stuff they do to try and make money. I used to think MMO's were bad, but these games sole purpose for existing is to literally bleed their players dry.

I feel bad for those out there who actually fall into their trap and spend real money in these games.

NorthernChaosGod
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM

You're a decent sod I'll add u. I onbly got like 3 ppl from EOFF added....3 have since been banned.

Haha, sweet. I should have probably remembered a link.
http://www.facebook.com/JulianRivera

Chloe.
03-24-2010, 10:26 PM
When I first joined Facebook I found them incredibly annoying, I'd have like 50 invitations everyday for all these different games and I always thought why the hell do people play on those? Then one day I decided to see what Farmville was actually like and I became addicted. :p I then played on 6 or 7 others, for ages I loved Petville. I've kinda lost interest in them now.