PDA

View Full Version : Alone In the Dark: Oldschool

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 03:40 AM
In the XBL game marketplace, there are quite a few awesome classics to be found, such as Doom, Duke Nukem 3-D, and Wolfenstein 3-D. Banjo- Kazooie and its sequel, Banjo-Tooie, can also be found, which surprised me quite a bit, as I expected N-64 games to be in the Wii's area of expertise, not the 360. I was browsing through the XBL forums, and noticed a section dedicated to the game Alone In The Dark. I was curious what people had to say about it, so I read a few posts, and the general opinion seemed to be: It sucks. Don't bother.

I loved the original Alone in the Dark. It was one of my first video games and even though I was always scared out of my wits at the random sound effects and creepy music, I loved it and always had fun playing it.

Subject: Have you ever played the original Alone in the Dark? How awesome would it be if they came out with an arcade release of the original Alone in the Dark for consoles? Would you be willing to buy it?

I installed it a couple of months ago via OldGames (or something like that) onto my PC and I have to say, the random sound effects and such still scare the :bou::bou::bou::bou: outta me sometimes, though, that could be because I'm one of those that really gets into whatever game it is I happen to be playing :greenie: Also I'm easily startled in general, so that doesn't help! But, I would totally be willing to shell out the Microsoft points to purchase it if it ever came to the marketplace. :cool:

Shoeberto
03-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Because I'm a dork, I watched a Let's Play of the original AitD, and honestly I have no idea how it was either playable or beatable. It's an interesting as a historical work, and certainly paved the way for future franchises, but so much of it was random and clunky that it seemed nearly unplayable by any modern standards. Or really any standards of the past ten, maybe fifteen years.

~*~Celes~*~
03-23-2010, 06:46 AM
It's one of those games where unless you do some reading beforehand, you're likely to die quite a bit. That's one of the challenges, figuring out where to go and what to do to prevent death! It's survival :D