PDA

View Full Version : Do you fight every enemy you come across?

Digital Phoenix
03-23-2010, 03:53 AM
I just started chapter 11, and I did up until chapter 10. I avoided those big shelled lizards in chapter 6 with Vanille and Sazh, but the game basically told me to do it. With chapter 10, I just got so sick of the combat system that I ran past enemies quite frequently. The game is beginning to lose its luster, because that chapter was just really boring. I mean, after the major plot-twist in chapter 9, you'd think it'd be something a bit more exciting.

I heard chapter 11 is awesome, though. It must be, given all the footage they felt the need to show us. Just surveying the land made it look pretty awesome.

Anyway, yeah, I skipped a lot of the battles in chapter 10 and didn't even explore every nook and cranny. Sometimes I just didn't even bother checking over at certain spots. I'm 24 hours in, by the way.

What about you guys?

VeloZer0
03-23-2010, 03:56 AM
I always fight everything, I'm an exp whore like that. I even fought the things in Ch6. (Not all that hard, just take forever)

If you are getting bored of just fighting and running around between cutsceens, well....
Don't get your hope up for Ch11.

Digital Phoenix
03-23-2010, 04:00 AM
I always fight everything, I'm an exp whore like that. I even fought the things in Ch6. (Not all that hard, just take forever)

If you are getting bored of just fighting and running around between cutsceens, well....
Don't get your hope up for Ch11.

It can be fun when there's an impending threat, but when there's not, it mostly just boils down to pressing the Auto-battle button... just like in the old Final Fantasy games. Boss battles actually do make you plan out what to do, which is fun and rewarding.

I am going on vacation soon and will probably just play a handheld game down there. I could use the break. I stopped playing Final Fantasy X for awhile, came back to it again, and loved it. The monotony just wears me out after awhile.

Crowseye
03-23-2010, 04:42 AM
I've fought everything in my path through the first ten chapters. I fought the Armadillo dudes in Chapter 6 as well, although I can't say I necessarily enjoyed it.

In a few places where it was convenient in Chapters 5-9 I even ground some low-effort groups for some CP to pick up some specific Crystarium abilities.

In Chapter 11 I avoided many of the fights as I tried to be more goal-oriented to keep myself interested--doing the hunts and picking up treasure spheres for example--although I made an effort to complete my Enemy Intel for every enemy type in the chapter that I could actually kill when I came across them.

Loony BoB
03-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Please see this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiii/130240-you-lazy-mofo.html) for a thread with the same topic. :)