PDA

View Full Version : Avatar or District 9?

Edge7
03-23-2010, 04:10 AM
So I had dinner with my family yesterday, and I was talking about movies with my cousins. We all agreed that we liked District 9 more than Avatar. Now, don't get me wrong, they did a grand job conveying the world of Avatar, but I liked the dark and gritty of District 9, cliffhanger ending and all. Which Alien Flick did you prefer?

I Took the Red Pill
03-23-2010, 04:13 AM
District 9 by a huge, huge margin.

Clouded Sky
03-23-2010, 04:18 AM
I liked the visual candy that was Avatar in 3D on an IMAX screen.

Agent Proto
03-23-2010, 04:26 AM
District 9 had a better story imo. I did enjoy Avatar though, but it was more eye-candy than story.

Psychotic
03-23-2010, 04:28 AM
Threads about entertainment belong in the Lounge, so I moved this one. :)

Anywho, I've only seen District 9 because tbh Avatar looked like a load of bollocks. So I'm going with that.

NorthernChaosGod
03-23-2010, 04:52 AM
District 9 by far. It had a much better story and was much better done, the only thing Avatar has any movie is that's just really pretty.

Vermachtnis
03-23-2010, 05:01 AM
I've only seen District 9 and it was great. I can't think of another super serious movie that made me burst out laughing. When he launched a pig with that alien tech.

Pheesh
03-23-2010, 05:08 AM
District was the better was the better movie, but I never went into Avatar expecting a good story, so I wasn't disappointed by it as other people were (also, the visuals were better than I though they would be, so I came out with my 8O face on).

I'd maybe give the edge to D9, a more complete package. But Avatar deserves props.

Miriel
03-23-2010, 05:44 AM
District 9 by a huge, huge margin.

Word.

Not only did D9 have a better story, but the performance of the main character was astonishing. Dude should've gotten an Oscar nod for his work in that role.

Both films had a message, but District 9 delivered it's message in a beautiful way while Avatar tried to club you over the head with it.

Bunny
03-23-2010, 05:46 AM
The fact that I have only seen District 9 probably speaks heavily for what my opinion of the two movies are. I saw Avatar as being a pretty movie without any other entertaining factors, something a movie should be first and foremost. District 9 had entertainment value in spades.

Slothy
03-23-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm surprised Dreddz isn't already in here saying Avatar was the best thing since sliced bread. :p (Kidding Dreddz. Mostly).

District 9 is a far better movie though. There was a time that James Cameron could make a great action movie that also had really cool characters and an awesome story. If he even still can, he certainly didn't do it in Avatar.