PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] The overall Kingdom Hearts story.

Lawr
03-23-2010, 04:42 AM
I'd like to return to this one especially, but as for now it's going to be slightly rushed, because this Trigonometry test won't study for itself haha.

The first Kingdom Hearts game was epic when it made its debut. People were skeptical but Disney and Final Fantasy meshed together quite nicely.

Then came that horrible spin-off, Chain of Memories. The story started to get a little too serious for my tastes, which turned me off when I played. The card system was neat but I didn't really enjoy it.

KHII showed up and I quite liked it. I was really liking the Drive forms and Sora had become a pro at using his Keyblade. This is where the story started to get a little confusing, especially if you skipped Chain of Memories. Nobodies, Castle Oblivion, Ansem, argh. It'll get more clearer with these new spin-offs right?

I was wrong though. WHY DOES XION LOOK LIKE SORA? WHY DOES VEN LOOK LIKE ROXAS? WHY DOES VANITAS LOOK LIKE SORA?

WHY DO I HAVE TO GO TO THE KINGDOM HEARTS WIKIA TO EVEN UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT'S GOING ON ANYMORE?

PuPu
03-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Good job on finally completing your CK challenge.

WHY DOES XION LOOK LIKE SORA? WHY DOES VEN LOOK LIKE ROXAS? WHY DOES VANITAS LOOK LIKE SORA?

I have a feeling that you don't actually care about these answers, but I'll answer them anyways because I'm bored.

Xion looks like Sora because she's a replica of Sora.

Ven looks like Roxas because Ven's soul went to Sora after BBS, or something like that.

Vanitas looks like Sora because Nomura is a lazy bum who refuses to make original character models.

KINGDOM HEARTS WIKIA

Don't use this cesspool of unmoderated trash for plot information, ever.

Momiji
03-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Then came that horrible spin-off, Chain of Memories.

you better be trollin' :kaoupset:

Lawr
03-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Good job on finally completing your CK challenge.

WHY DOES XION LOOK LIKE SORA? WHY DOES VEN LOOK LIKE ROXAS? WHY DOES VANITAS LOOK LIKE SORA?

I have a feeling that you don't actually care about these answers, but I'll answer them anyways because I'm bored.

Xion looks like Sora because she's a replica of Sora.

Ven looks like Roxas because Ven's soul went to Sora after BBS, or something like that.

Vanitas looks like Sora because Nomura is a lazy bum who refuses to make original character models.

KINGDOM HEARTS WIKIA

Don't use this cesspool of unmoderated trash for plot information, ever.

Well the Wikia pretty much told me what you're telling me but that's the only way I'm ever going to know this information, because I don't plan on buying the games.

Oh yeah thanks this task was a pain man.

you better be trollin' :kaoupset:

Ok I admit I was but I needed some momentum so I could bash 358/2 and Birth By Sleep. :D

Tavrobel
03-23-2010, 05:18 AM

wtf

P4ine
03-23-2010, 06:43 AM
It's simple: play the games or don't, which basically means: understand the plot or don't.

Lawr
03-23-2010, 12:38 PM
It's simple: play the games or don't, which basically means: understand the plot or don't.

Or I played Chain of Memories and KHII and I did not understand the plot!

P4ine
03-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Which -you surely agree- would be embarrassing as the games are set up for children to understand... :bigsmile:

No, seriously.. I don't think we should judge the series before it's actually finished.

Lawr
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Which -you surely agree- would be embarrassing as the games are set up for children to understand... :bigsmile:

I'd only be embarrassed if it were something important I should understand, like Geometry or Algebra. This is a Japanese video game--I think my manhood will be fine. :thumb:

I could wait until the series is finished to bash it, but really who does that? What makes KH the exception to criticism?

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm really tired of this game's story, which makes me sad because I felt that it had a strong beginning or at least as strong as a game that had Disney characters could. Sure it was a little lame here and there (see Light magically killing Ansem), however I felt Xemnas was a very weak villain in KH2. I hated Ansem by the time I got to the end of KH1, making Riku turn on me, the Kari shenanigans, ooooooh I hated him. But I got to Xemnas and I was like, "Why do I even care about you?" Plus, I felt like everything said in KH2 was lame. At least lamer than KH1 xD

Momiji
03-24-2010, 01:52 AM
The dialogue in Kingdom Hearts games is often so lame or cheesy that they're amusing. Especially the SoraxRiku scene after you beat the game. Dear god. It was supposed to be all dramatic and stuff and I ended up laughing at how bad the lines were.

Goldenboko
03-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Maybe it's the fact I played KH1 in 6th grade making it a little bit less lame, but for me, KH2's dialogue was just so bad. Like, I'm couldn't watch the scenes with PARENTS nearby (and I normally don't care about them listening to crappy lame dialogue). It was horrible.

PuPu
03-24-2010, 03:09 AM
It is a Disney game. Cheesy dialogue is pretty much supposed to be expected. :eep:

I mean, Disney without cheesy is not Disney.

Lawr
03-24-2010, 03:18 AM
I actually didn't think the Kingdom Hearts II dialogue was all that cheesy. I did skip a lot of cutscenes on my most recent playthrough though so I can't really say for sure.

Mercen-X
03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
I mean, Disney without cheese is not Disney.

Nachos... & Cheese! Macaroni... & Cheese! Burgers... with Cheese! Potatoes... with Cheese! Cheese Pizza! Quesadillas... what else would be in them? Cheesecake! Baked Lobster... with Cheese! Broccoli... with Cheese! Spaghetti... with Cheese! Cheese Casserole! Cheesy Lasagne! Apple Pancakes... with Cheese! Hot/Corndogs... with Cheese! Chicken... & Cheese! Cheesy Garlic Bread! Ham... & Cheese! Steak... & Cheese! Cheese! (http://www.cheeserecipes.net/)

There's nothing wrong with cheese, yo.

LowCaloriePie
03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Maybe it's the fact I played KH1 in 6th grade making it a little bit less lame, but for me, KH2's dialogue was just so bad. Like, I'm couldn't watch the scenes with PARENTS nearby (and I normally don't care about them listening to crappy lame dialogue). It was horrible.

Especially the ending cutscene with Sora and Riku.

"I have something that you can never have... a friend like you."

Mercen-X
03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
I like Vanity... I mean Vuhneetoss. :love:

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 07:11 AM
Nomura is the man who is the head. That is enough to expect that you won't find all the clues that connect the games until much later on. :p